Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi. Alex from NJ here. Just signed up. Interested in learning more about overlanding. Currently own 2003 Toyota Sequoia which I am going to turn into a very mild camping/fishing/exploring rig. I have been camping for years but no real overlanding experience.
Hallo Alex
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi. Alex from NJ here. Just signed up. Interested in learning more about overlanding. Currently own 2003 Toyota Sequoia which I am going to turn into a very mild camping/fishing/exploring rig. I have been camping for years but no real overlanding experience.
Welcome to Overland Bound, Alex!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi!
I actually found this site watching prepper UTube videos. I’m beefing up my FAKs and stumbled upon Dr. Chris’s vids. I had to join to get his supplies list!:blush:

I’m super excited about the potential of … off-roading or over-landing? What’s the correct verbiage? Are they one & the same? When I think of off-roading, I think of my high school years in Texas, Michigan and Colorado slinging mud & “practicing inclement weather driving control” pulling donuts, and of course, navigating to field parties and bon-fires!
I currently reside inTucson, AZ.

My rig? Don’t have one yet. I own a 2WD POS (piece of s**t) 2008 Jeep Patriot with over 100K miles that I barely trust to drive across town, let alone go off-roading.
I was in the process of looking for a new vehicle and trying to figure out truck vs SUV when all of a sudden (seriously- within 2weeks) there were few to be found! Maybe now with gas prices spiking, I’ll be able to find a 4WD rig!

I’m an experienced (albeit rusty) hiker & camper. When I had horses, I combined my love of riding with camping! Best years of my life!!! Sadly, due to the long term sequelae of Covid, I’m no longer able to work as annRN, nor hike. (I’m slowly making progress though). I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get involved with Overland Bound! Sounds like so much fun!
Hello Jennifer, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Ian, and I am located in Placerville, CA. My wife Kimberly and I have two Jeeps, a 2016 JKU Rubicon on 35s and a 2000 TJ Sahara on 33s. We are novice overlanders who enjoy wheeling in the snow, cruising the dunes at Pismo, and exploring old mining towns in the desert.

View attachment 225566
Hello Ian, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone Jeff Jordan here. I am located in South East Alabama New Brockton. I have been camping and hiking for as long as I can remeber. I have 2009 Chevy Silverado setup to do Overlanding now aloing with a 12000lbs wench. No 4x4 just a 2wd with a locker. Done several trips now with my sons and we love it!
Hello Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound.

tommyzito

Rank I

Traveler III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Zito
Hey guys! My name is Tommy. From Denver Colorado. Currently overlanding with my wife of 15yrs and 6yr old daughter. We run a 2018 Tacoma, and the last 2019 Patriot X1GT to come to the states.
We love the Rockies, but truly enjoy Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. We’re spoiled here in the mile high city!

Can’t wait to meet more of you all!

Attachments

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey guys! My name is Tommy. From Denver Colorado. Currently overlanding with my wife of 15yrs and 6yr old daughter. We run a 2018 Tacoma, and the last 2019 Patriot X1GT to come to the states.
We love the Rockies, but truly enjoy Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. We’re spoiled here in the mile high city!

Welcome to Overland Bound, Tommy! That’s a nice rig and trailer you have there.

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi! I'm Sarah. My adventure vehicle is Beatrice (Bea). She's a 2014 Nissan Xterra. We're hoping to get a lot of miles and adventure in this year. I joined Overland Bound in hopes of discovering places to camp. I'm @Oregon.xterra on Instagram.
Hey, Sarah! Welcome to Overland Bound! There are tons of places on the map for you to discover!

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello everyone, I'm Ethan. I live in Barnegat, NJ and drive a 2020 Jeep Gladiator.

I've been in love with the outdoors my whole life but only discovered overlanding a couple years ago. I've completed a ton of off road adventures all over the US and at Jeep events but my interests are changing. The excitement of just being off the grid for a while has outweighed my desires to get off-camber like in my younger days. So this year I'm taking my rig and adapting it to tackle the world, rather than the off road park. Thanks for having me!

Pictured in Moab at last year's Easter Jeep Safari;

IMG_20210331_131327_052.jpg
IMG_20210410_093231_354.jpg

As far as real overlanding, I just completed my first trip last fall and (mostly) soloed the Trans NJ Trail - thanks to guides and routes I found right here on OB. ️

ericeobrien

Rank I

Contributor III

Nebraska, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
OBrien
Eric from Nebraska here. All of my backcountry trips have been human powered: long, self-sufficient backpacking and bikepacking excursions. I’m comfortable being miles from anyone for days at a time. But there are also areas farther from cement roads I would like to explore by bike and foot, so I’m trying to educate myself about how to make a vehicle capable and self-reliant on forest service / BLM roads.

I have a 1998 CRV AWD manual with 170,000 miles that I bought as the second owner in 2005. It’s been driven very little in the last few years—we mainly use it for in-town travel during snowstorms. And, it’s totally stock.

For a trip this summer, I’ll be car camping and mountain biking with friends in the Gunnison Valley of Colorado, so I want to install A/T tires, maybe a slight lift, and maybe a skidplate. I’ll be carrying recovery boards and an air compressor.

So, trying to decide how best to make the car safe and capable for a 10-hour interstate drive followed by 15-20 miles on rougher dirt roads through mountains.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello everyone, I'm Ethan. I live in Barnegat, NJ and drive a 2020 Jeep Gladiator.

I've been in love with the outdoors my whole life but only discovered overlanding a couple years ago. I've completed a ton of off road adventures all over the US and at Jeep events but my interests are changing. The excitement of just being off the grid for a while has outweighed my desires to get off-camber like in my younger days. So this year I'm taking my rig and adapting it to tackle the world, rather than the off road park. Thanks for having me!

View attachment 225612
View attachment 225616

As far as real overlanding, I just completed my first trip last fall and (mostly) soloed the Trans NJ Trail - thanks to guides and routes I found right here on OB. ️
Welcome Ethan

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Eric from Nebraska here. All of my backcountry trips have been human powered: long, self-sufficient backpacking and bikepacking excursions. I’m comfortable being miles from anyone for days at a time. But there are also areas farther from cement roads I would like to explore by bike and foot, so I’m trying to educate myself about how to make a vehicle capable and self-reliant on forest service / BLM roads.

I have a 1998 CRV AWD manual with 170,000 miles that I bought as the second owner in 2005. It’s been driven very little in the last few years—we mainly use it for in-town travel during snowstorms. And, it’s totally stock.

For a trip this summer, I’ll be car camping and mountain biking with friends in the Gunnison Valley of Colorado, so I want to install A/T tires, maybe a slight lift, and maybe a skidplate. I’ll be carrying recovery boards and an air compressor.

So, trying to decide how best to make the car safe and capable for a 10-hour interstate drive followed by 15-20 miles on rougher dirt roads through mountains.
Welcome Eric!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Tommy, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi! I'm Sarah. My adventure vehicle is Beatrice (Bea). She's a 2014 Nissan Xterra. We're hoping to get a lot of miles and adventure in this year. I joined Overland Bound in hopes of discovering places to camp. I'm @Oregon.xterra on Instagram.
Hello Sarah, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 225612
View attachment 225616

Hello Ethan, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Eric, welcome to Overland Bound. Check your suspension system to be sure it is in good shape. Drive slowly and you’ll be fine. The tires and skids will certainly help protect your vehicle. Your right foot is the most important safety item, and some sense.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Tommy
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Eric
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden