York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Jim Simmons here. I live in Grand Haven, Michigan...a small harbor town along Lake Michigan. I look forward to joining a few others for an adventure along the CDT in 2023. I have a 2012 Jeep JKU that continues to evolve as I move toward 2023. I'm certain that I can learn from many of you about a bunch of things.
Welcome to Overland Bound, Jim! Lots of information here.

JeeperJim

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Grand Haven, Ottawa County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8TFB
Service Branch
Army
I just bought a Roofnest Condor rooftop tent and am considering what might go into getting it on and off my Rubicon. I'll likely have it on and off at least twice per year if not more. I'll probably go with a man-powered hoist mounted on the ceiling of our storage unit. Another consideration is how forward or rearward I should mount the tent on my rack.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Jim Simmons here. I live in Grand Haven, Michigan...a small harbor town along Lake Michigan. I look forward to joining a few others for an adventure along the CDT in 2023. I have a 2012 Jeep JKU that continues to evolve as I move toward 2023. I'm certain that I can learn from many of you about a bunch of things.
Hello Jim, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Jim
The CDT us a great trip
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

IronFox

Rank III

Explorer I

Salem, Marion County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Rea
Member #

Hey Overland Bound friends,

My name is Nate. I am completely new to Overlanding. Im excited to get out and explore but my work schedule and family life makes it difficult. I eager to learn from everyone on here.

1) Location: Salem, OR
2) Rig: 2003 Nissan Xterra
3) Experience: Overland Novice

Attachments

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

My name is Nate. I am completely new to Overlanding. Im excited to get out and explore but my work schedule and family life makes it difficult. I eager to learn from everyone on here.

Welcome, Nate!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Nate, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Nate
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Jim
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello from Rochester MN. My name is Ethan, I am looking to get into overlanding some this spring/summer. I currently have a 2003 Ford F150 XTL 4x4. I am new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors. I have done a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Southwest but Moved to Rochester in 2020 and now that Covid is calming down, I am wanting to get out and do more again.
Hallo Ethan
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey, finally got around to joining! My name's Josh and I'm located in Trenton Ontario Canada. My current "rig" is a 2012 dodge journey. Not the most capable but for what I had available to me it will do. New to overlanding but I grew up in northern Ontario and my weekends were spent wandering the bush and exploring. Lots of backpack camping.
Hallo Josh
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi Overland Bound community!

I actually joined back in early December 21, so now I am finally getting around to introduce myself. I live in Arkansas and enjoying the retired life. I am one of those folks that called "overlanding", camping back in the day. I haven't done serious overlanding in quite a while, but I am ready to get back into it. Back in the late 60s, 70s and 80s I did quite a bit of overlanding/camping in Baja, going to beaches both in the Pacific side and the Sea of Cortez side. I also did explorations in the mountains of Baja, namely the Sierra Juarez and Sierra San Pedro Martir. The vehicles we used ranged from a 60s vintage VW cargo van, a VW Thing and my favorite, a Land Cruise FJ55. The latter was a rust bucket, but it got me everywhere I wanted to go.

My current rig is a 1984 Land Cruiser FJ60, that I have been preparing for overlanding in the last four years as budget permits. I think it is pretty close to being ready.

Hopefully I will meet other members of the OB community to ride along with.

Josep

View attachment 225230View attachment 225231
Hallo Josep
Welcome out to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

What’s up new member here! I have been in the overland/off road community now for 3 years but have been an outdoorsman my whole life. My current load out is my 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO and the off road camp trailer I built. I live in the SoCal area so I’ve done a lot of overlanding and off-roading in the San Bernardino Mountains, Eastern Sierras, Anza Borego and Mojave Desert. I am looking forward to heading out to different places soon. I am also looking forward to taking delivery of a new rig I’ll be building. I have on order a 2022 Ford F-150 Tremor. So stoked for that. Looking forward to being apart of OB community and learning from y’all.
Hallo
Michael
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound
@M Rose is the Regional Director for your area and can get you information that might help with local resources.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: IronFox and Shahn
R

RN J

Hi!
I actually found this site watching prepper UTube videos. I’m beefing up my FAKs and stumbled upon Dr. Chris’s vids. I had to join to get his supplies list!:blush:

I’m super excited about the potential of … off-roading or over-landing? What’s the correct verbiage? Are they one & the same? When I think of off-roading, I think of my high school years in Texas, Michigan and Colorado slinging mud & “practicing inclement weather driving control” pulling donuts, and of course, navigating to field parties and bon-fires!
I currently reside inTucson, AZ.

My rig? Don’t have one yet. I own a 2WD POS (piece of s**t) 2008 Jeep Patriot with over 100K miles that I barely trust to drive across town, let alone go off-roading.
I was in the process of looking for a new vehicle and trying to figure out truck vs SUV when all of a sudden (seriously- within 2weeks) there were few to be found! Maybe now with gas prices spiking, I’ll be able to find a 4WD rig!

I’m an experienced (albeit rusty) hiker & camper. When I had horses, I combined my love of riding with camping! Best years of my life!!! Sadly, due to the long term sequelae of Covid, I’m no longer able to work as annRN, nor hike. (I’m slowly making progress though). I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get involved with Overland Bound! Sounds like so much fun!

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi!
I actually found this site watching prepper UTube videos. I’m beefing up my FAKs and stumbled upon Dr. Chris’s vids. I had to join to get his supplies list!:blush:

I’m super excited about the potential of … off-roading or over-landing? What’s the correct verbiage? Are they one & the same? When I think of off-roading, I think of my high school years in Texas, Michigan and Colorado slinging mud & “practicing inclement weather driving control” pulling donuts, and of course, navigating to field parties and bon-fires!
I currently reside inTucson, AZ.

My rig? Don’t have one yet. I own a 2WD POS (piece of s**t) 2008 Jeep Patriot with over 100K miles that I barely trust to drive across town, let alone go off-roading.
I was in the process of looking for a new vehicle and trying to figure out truck vs SUV when all of a sudden (seriously- within 2weeks) there were few to be found! Maybe now with gas prices spiking, I’ll be able to find a 4WD rig!

I’m an experienced (albeit rusty) hiker & camper. When I had horses, I combined my love of riding with camping! Best years of my life!!! Sadly, due to the long term sequelae of Covid, I’m no longer able to work as annRN, nor hike. (I’m slowly making progress though). I’m hopeful I’ll be able to get involved with Overland Bound! Sounds like so much fun!
Hey, Jennifer! Welcome to Overland Bound! Glad you found this place. It’s great! You’ll find tons of information here. I hope you find a vehicle that suits you. You really don’t need much. Doesn’t matter what it is as long as you know it’s dependable and suits your needs. See you around!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Ian G

Rank I

Contributor III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Glenn
Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Ian, and I am located in Placerville, CA. My wife Kimberly and I have two Jeeps, a 2016 JKU Rubicon on 35s and a 2000 TJ Sahara on 33s. We are novice overlanders who enjoy wheeling in the snow, cruising the dunes at Pismo, and exploring old mining towns in the desert.

IMG_20210720_085115_919.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Ian, and I am located in Placerville, CA. My wife Kimberly and I have two Jeeps, a 2016 JKU Rubicon on 35s and a 2000 TJ Sahara on 33s. We are novice overlanders who enjoy wheeling in the snow, cruising the dunes at Pismo, and exploring old mining towns in the desert.

View attachment 225566
Welcome To Overland Bound Ian & Kimberly, it was great to meet you guys the other day.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. You can find the Sierra Foothills Overlanders meet-up on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Ian G and Shahn