Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Overland Bound community!

I actually joined back in early December 21, so now I am finally getting around to introduce myself. I live in Arkansas and enjoying the retired life. I am one of those folks that called "overlanding", camping back in the day. I haven't done serious overlanding in quite a while, but I am ready to get back into it. Back in the late 60s, 70s and 80s I did quite a bit of overlanding/camping in Baja, going to beaches both in the Pacific side and the Sea of Cortez side. I also did explorations in the mountains of Baja, namely the Sierra Juarez and Sierra San Pedro Martir. The vehicles we used ranged from a 60s vintage VW cargo van, a VW Thing and my favorite, a Land Cruise FJ55. The latter was a rust bucket, but it got me everywhere I wanted to go.

My current rig is a 1984 Land Cruiser FJ60, that I have been preparing for overlanding in the last four years as budget permits. I think it is pretty close to being ready.

Hopefully I will meet other members of the OB community to ride along with.

Josep

View attachment 225230View attachment 225231
Welcome To Overland Bound Josep
A really great local resource for you in AR is @Blue line overland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

I actually joined back in early December 21, so now I am finally getting around to introduce myself. I live in Arkansas and enjoying the retired life. I am one of those folks that called "overlanding", camping back in the day. I haven't done serious overlanding in quite a while, but I am ready to get back into it. Back in the late 60s, 70s and 80s I did quite a bit of overlanding/camping in Baja, going to beaches both in the Pacific side and the Sea of Cortez side. I also did explorations in the mountains of Baja, namely the Sierra Juarez and Sierra San Pedro Martir. The vehicles we used ranged from a 60s vintage VW cargo van, a VW Thing and my favorite, a Land Cruise FJ55. The latter was a rust bucket, but it got me everywhere I wanted to go.

My current rig is a 1984 Land Cruiser FJ60, that I have been preparing for overlanding in the last four years as budget permits. I think it is pretty close to being ready.

Josep

Hello Josep, welcome to Overland Bound!

Xombie

Rank 0

Contributor II

Belleville, Hastings Highlands, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Pronovost
Hey, finally got around to joining! My name's Josh and I'm located in Trenton Ontario Canada. My current "rig" is a 2012 dodge journey. Not the most capable but for what I had available to me it will do. New to overlanding but I grew up in northern Ontario and my weekends were spent wandering the bush and exploring. Lots of backpack camping.

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey, finally got around to joining! My name's Josh and I'm located in Trenton Ontario Canada. My current "rig" is a 2012 dodge journey. Not the most capable but for what I had available to me it will do. New to overlanding but I grew up in northern Ontario and my weekends were spent wandering the bush and exploring. Lots of backpack camping.
Great to have you, Josh. Welcome to Overland Bound! It’s not about what you drive, it’s about the passion.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Josh
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and JacksonRL

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Josep

Hello Josep, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and NCFireGuy

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and NCFireGuy

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hello from Rochester MN. My name is Ethan, I am looking to get into overlanding some this spring/summer. I currently have a 2003 Ford F150 XTL 4x4. I am new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors. I have done a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Southwest but Moved to Rochester in 2020 and now that Covid is calming down, I am wanting to get out and do more again.
Welcome to OB Ethan!!
I am from the Twin Cities area. (Living in Las Vegas now) I would suggest heading up to the North Shore and the backwoods of Northern Minnesota. All sorts of trails and outdoor recreation to be had up there, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling etc for winter. When the weather gets a bit warmer, you can hit the backwood trails. And if you are lucky, you might even catch Mother Nature's show and see the Northern Lights.

If you need ideas on places or things to do, let me know.

Michelle

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Hello from Rochester MN. My name is Ethan, I am looking to get into overlanding some this spring/summer. I currently have a 2003 Ford F150 XTL 4x4. I am new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors. I have done a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Southwest but Moved to Rochester in 2020 and now that Covid is calming down, I am wanting to get out and do more again.
Welcome Ethan to the OB Family!

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
hi I'm Rick,

alittle bit about myself;

I'm originally born in Long Beach, but moved to the bay area when I was young and now currently reside In the 209 Tracy Ca.

Rig: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Turbo Diesel

I'm mainly looking to meet like minded individuals into overlanding and some offloading also.

I'm also the @dmv_jeeps California Chapter President. just a bunch of jeep guys that get-together and hang out and hopefully start overlanding with.

if your near by hmu let's hit the road , explore , and go on an adventure ✨️.

you can follow me on Instagram Wk2_Beast I will follow back!!! Happy Overlanding everyone!!!

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
hi I'm Rick,

alittle bit about myself;

I'm originally born in Long Beach, but moved to the bay area when I was young and now currently reside In the 209 Tracy Ca.

Rig: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Turbo Diesel

I'm mainly looking to meet like minded individuals into overlanding and some offloading also.

I'm also the @dmv_jeeps California Chapter President. just a bunch of jeep guys that get-together and hang out and hopefully start overlanding with.

if your near by hmu let's hit the road , explore , and go on an adventure ✨️.

you can follow me on Instagram Wk2_Beast I will follow back!!! Happy Overlanding everyone!!!
Welcome Rick! Glad you’re on board. OB is a great resource and is made up of nice folks.

JeeperJim

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Grand Haven, Ottawa County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8TFB
Service Branch
Army
Jim Simmons here. I live in Grand Haven, Michigan...a small harbor town along Lake Michigan. I look forward to joining a few others for an adventure along the CDT in 2023. I have a 2012 Jeep JKU that continues to evolve as I move toward 2023. I'm certain that I can learn from many of you about a bunch of things.