Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Wandering OverLand Family
Est. 2011 - Exploring and Adventuring together with our family. Enjoying locations and roads less traveled, National Parks and historic places.
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hello, Joe and family. What are some of your favorite spots in the SW? I am hoping to take my family on a trip from central Kansas to El Paso, TX this year. Last trip we drove straight through. This time I want to enjoy to country side a little more.
Robert, wow that will be an awesome road trip. Do y’all plan to shoot straight south out of central Kansas through OK and TX or start west to CO and then meander south through NM? our last adventure through CO and NM we enjoyed the amazing views of the Rocky Mountains to the west as we traveled I25 south which allowed us to branch off at several points and see some amazing off the main road sights and camp. The entire path that direction of smaller and off road areas are plentiful and a blast to wander along through if time and travel permits at least in my opinion. beautiful family experiences are in store for y’all no matter which road or trail you travel there and back! Very excited for y’all. Explore, Adventure, Together!!

Safe Travels,
Joe Wolf

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R
D

danbrown

Hi everyone, we have been overlanding for quite a few years(since 2012). But, we were truly novices in the beginning. We had a 2014 RAm 1500 with a 24ft trailer at first. We didn't think we would like roughing it out in the real outdoors :) To our surprise, probably after our 2 trip we decide to sell the trailer and just camp out with our truck. No special equipment, we would just load up the truck with as much as possible and go for 2-3 days.
As time went on and we got more serious about it. We purchased our first tent and rigged our Ram for a decent overlanding setup. After just over a year and a half we sold our truck. We replaced it with a newer RAM 1500 and we just finished building our dedicated overland trailer. We will become supporters in the next month and we hope to see out in the trails. Cheers

The original 2014 RAM 1500 it all started here.
2014 RAM 1500 by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

2019 Truck with upgraded suspension, Falcon Teraflex, Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Wheels. The ride was awesome and we traveled from coast to cost in it.

First Overland setup with RTT
Wand3ram tent a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New 2021 Stock truck, it only lasted a few weeks :)
2021 Ram by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New setup with Icon Suspension, 2in lift, New Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Tactical wheels and Century Ultra Camper
21 RAM Laramie MOD a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

The new set up our custom built overland trailer!!!
Trailer j by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

If you guys have any question please feel free to ask.
Welcome to the OB community!

D

danbrown

Hello all,
Just joined up today but have been camping/backpacking for years.
Currently working on my XJ to get some cool rooftop gear and redundant power, hoping to meet some groups/find some areas to go out and camp.
I live in Mesa/Phoenix, Az down by the salt, often head North.
Got linked here due to the heat exchanger/shower thread and going to give that a shot!

Forum looks awesome.
Hello Exarch,

Welcome to the community. Best of luck on your build and have some great overlanding adventures!

-Dan

D

danbrown

Hi you all, great to have found this forum! We are Miriam & Axel, a couple from Germany. We've been overlanding in Botswana & Namibia for a month a few years ago and plain loved it. Then we went to Australia for three months overlanding with a roof top tend all through western Australia. Now we're planning a four months overlanding trip to South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique. On YouTube we came across "Get out go", and he recommenden this forum, so here we are ;-)
Hello Miriam+Axel,

Welcome to the community! Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures from your adventures!

-Dan

KS_Explorer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Reading, Lyon County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lowery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0FEG
Robert, wow that will be an awesome road trip. Do y’all plan to shoot straight south out of central Kansas through OK and TX or start west to CO and then meander south through NM? our last adventure through CO and NM we enjoyed the amazing views of the Rocky Mountains to the west as we traveled I25 south which allowed us to branch off at several points and see some amazing off the main road sights and camp. The entire path that direction of smaller and off road areas are plentiful and a blast to wander along through if time and travel permits at least in my opinion. beautiful family experiences are in store for y’all no matter which road or trail you travel there and back! Very excited for y’all. Explore, Adventure, Together!!

Safe Travels,
Joe Wolf
We took the path West last time, because it was a quick 4 day trip. This time I am thinking we might head out one way and come back the other. I have driven over the Arbuckle Mountians a number of times and have wondered if there are any neat areas to explore there.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all, new member from Michigan. Been boondockin/overlanding with my SXS for about 6 years. Last year, I decided to share it on my youtube page and created a channel along with a facebook group to share experiences with other folks interested in this excellent way to spend time! I love the outdoors and exploring trails/areas. Primarily, I ride in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

My FB group and channel are in my details if you are interested in taking a look.

Thanks!!
Hello ?, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello to the community.

Who are we?: Family of 4 who loves the outdoors.
Rig: 2015 Toyota Tundra
Camper: 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1700BH
I'm glad to have finally joined and I look forward to learning and contributing.
Cheers!

View attachment 220997
View attachment 220998
View attachment 220999
View attachment 221000
View attachment 221001
View attachment 221002
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound. Great pics, thanks.

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Hi all, new member from Michigan. Been boondockin/overlanding with my SXS for about 6 years. Last year, I decided to share it on my youtube page and created a channel along with a facebook group to share experiences with other folks interested in this excellent way to spend time! I love the outdoors and exploring trails/areas. Primarily, I ride in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

My FB group and channel are in my details if you are interested in taking a look.

Thanks!!
Welcome to OBO.

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Hello all,
Just joined up today but have been camping/backpacking for years.
Currently working on my XJ to get some cool rooftop gear and redundant power, hoping to meet some groups/find some areas to go out and camp.
I live in Mesa/Phoenix, Az down by the salt, often head North.
Got linked here due to the heat exchanger/shower thread and going to give that a shot!

Forum looks awesome.
Welcome to OBO.

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Excellent rigs you get there..
Welcome to OBO.

Hi everyone, we have been overlanding for quite a few years(since 2012). But, we were truly novices in the beginning. We had a 2014 RAm 1500 with a 24ft trailer at first. We didn't think we would like roughing it out in the real outdoors :) To our surprise, probably after our 2 trip we decide to sell the trailer and just camp out with our truck. No special equipment, we would just load up the truck with as much as possible and go for 2-3 days.
As time went on and we got more serious about it. We purchased our first tent and rigged our Ram for a decent overlanding setup. After just over a year and a half we sold our truck. We replaced it with a newer RAM 1500 and we just finished building our dedicated overland trailer. We will become supporters in the next month and we hope to see out in the trails. Cheers

The original 2014 RAM 1500 it all started here.

2019 Truck with upgraded suspension, Falcon Teraflex, Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Wheels. The ride was awesome and we traveled from coast to cost in it.

First Overland setup with RTT
Wand3ram tent a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New 2021 Stock truck, it only lasted a few weeks :)
2021 Ram by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New setup with Icon Suspension, 2in lift, New Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Tactical wheels and Century Ultra Camper
21 RAM Laramie MOD a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

The new set up our custom built overland trailer!!!
Trailer j by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

If you guys have any question please feel free to ask.

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Est. 2011 - Exploring and Adventuring together with our family. Enjoying locations and roads less traveled, National Parks and historic places.
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Welcome to OBO .
Swamy, thank you!! I am very excited to be a part of the OB community

Exarach

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hannon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to the community.

Who are we?: Family of 4 who loves the outdoors.
Rig: 2015 Toyota Tundra
Camper: 2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1700BH
I'm glad to have finally joined and I look forward to learning and contributing.
Cheers!

View attachment 220997
View attachment 220998
View attachment 220999
View attachment 221000
View attachment 221001
View attachment 221002
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Thanks!!
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn