Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Everyone, I'm Luke and I'm excited to be joining the Overland Bound family!

Bay Area, California (Danville)
2005 Nissan Xterra (and yes, my daughter put a Rudolph nose on my truck for the holidays)
Overlanding Experience Background is limited to just a few overnights across challenging terrain with good friends.
Looking forward to broadening my community and experience.
View attachment 220195
Hello Luke, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, I am Swamy and i am super excited about joining the Overland Bound family and making my first post.
I live in Los Angeles (Santa Monica area).

I drive a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek which is 99% stock, except for upgraded headlights.
I am a beginner overlander with some experience over technical terrain and a lot of overnighters in national forests alone.

Looking forward to making new friends and a lot of more overland adventures.
View attachment 220196
Hello Swamy, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,
I'm Paul
Current Vehicle: 2020 F-150 Lariat with all the gadgets
Overland/Off Road Experience: Intermediate

Joined because I'm looking for fellow F-150 enthusiasts in the Hampton Roads area for off-road treks.
Hello Paul, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Current Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Overland Experience: Beginner
Overlanding Interest: Well, that can be a long detailed story but in short, I love the outdoors. I am very mechanically inclined, I can fix about anything, or build about anything, so this overlanding adventure type of hobby if you will, made sense to me at my young age of 54. I feel like I got a little sidetracked in life with being so focused on work and I want to change all of that. I started watching you YouTubers like Lifestyle Overland, Expedition Overland etc etc and have been incredibly encouraged while watching that content. I wish I could quit my job, pack up the family, and go......:) For, one trip at a time!
Hello Dan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Overland Experience: ?

I grew up hunting, camping, and wheeling with my family, but this overland style of four wheeling is still somewhat new to me, and I'm still gathering all the gear to make everything smaller and lighter. I think my buddy has sent me links to this forum before, but I found it yesterday trying to look for tailgate trash carriers. I've been a gearhead for my whole life whether it be cars or trucks, but the whole Jeep thing is still somewhat new to me. I'm loving it though

-Andrew

View attachment 220293
Hello Andrew, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello we have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser and a 2016 Toyota 4Runner. We are new to Overlanding and we hope to learn a lot. We made the decision to jump into this adventure due to air travel restrictions, and we want to see more of this great country by exploring the back roads.
Hello Trudianne, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi gang,
Definitely a newb when it comes to true overlanding. Rig is a 2013 FJ that has only been a daily driver on pavement up to this point. We have some trips planned for this summer into the Canadian shield but going to take it easy first bit and learn what our capabilities are not only with the FJ but with our bushcrafting.
The FJ is currently stock as I haven't had a need for any mods. We'll be outfitting with a RTT for frontcountry camping to start and then explore some free crown land options. Its been a while since we car camped so we'll have to get the rust off.

I live outside Windsor, Ontario. Nearest bit of crownland or significant terrain is at least 4hrs away (within the province). Hopefully when border crossing eases we will be up into the UP (Michigan).

Looking forward to learning from everyone.
Cheers!
Hello Eee, welcome to the OB family.

F150RCSB

Rank II
Launch Member

Steward I

White Lake, MI 48386, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Jjm
Member #

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks so I guess it's time to post. Names Jay & I am in South East Michigan.

What is now called over landing to me has always just been "camping". Currently setting up a new rig, 2020 F150 traded in a Jeep JK for it. Just picked up a used topper for it as I plan to camp out of the truck I do have a Gazelle T4 that is awesome and may still be used sometimes. Thanks for having me.

Attachments

HB ADVENTURES

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Hannah
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Hello everyone, I am Swamy and i am super excited about joining the Overland Bound family and making my first post.
I live in Los Angeles (Santa Monica area).

I drive a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek which is 99% stock, except for upgraded headlights.
I am a beginner overlander with some experience over technical terrain and a lot of overnighters in national forests alone.

Looking forward to making new friends and a lot of more overland adventures.
View attachment 220196
Welcome to the team! If you ever find yourself in the Memphis, TN area, feel free to look us up!

-Hannah Carpenter, H&B Adventures OB#30662

HB ADVENTURES

Rank V

Enthusiast II

First Name
Hannah
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Hi gang,
Definitely a newb when it comes to true overlanding. Rig is a 2013 FJ that has only been a daily driver on pavement up to this point. We have some trips planned for this summer into the Canadian shield but going to take it easy first bit and learn what our capabilities are not only with the FJ but with our bushcrafting.
The FJ is currently stock as I haven't had a need for any mods. We'll be outfitting with a RTT for frontcountry camping to start and then explore some free crown land options. Its been a while since we car camped so we'll have to get the rust off.

I live outside Windsor, Ontario. Nearest bit of crownland or significant terrain is at least 4hrs away (within the province). Hopefully when border crossing eases we will be up into the UP (Michigan).

Looking forward to learning from everyone.
Cheers!
Welcome to the team! If you ever find yourself in Southern US (Memphis, TN), feel free to look us up!

HB ADVENTURES

Rank V

Enthusiast II

First Name
Hannah
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Overland Experience: ?

I grew up hunting, camping, and wheeling with my family, but this overland style of four wheeling is still somewhat new to me, and I'm still gathering all the gear to make everything smaller and lighter. I think my buddy has sent me links to this forum before, but I found it yesterday trying to look for tailgate trash carriers. I've been a gearhead for my whole life whether it be cars or trucks, but the whole Jeep thing is still somewhat new to me. I'm loving it though

-Andrew

View attachment 220293
Welcome to the team! If you ever find yourself in the Memphis, TN area, feel free to look us up!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks so I guess it's time to post. Names Jay & I am in South East Michigan.

What is now called over landing to me has always just been "camping". Currently setting up a new rig, 2020 F150 traded in a Jeep JK for it. Just picked up a used topper for it as I plan to camp out of the truck I do have a Gazelle T4 that is awesome and may still be used sometimes. Thanks for having me.
Hello Jay, welcome to Overland Bound.

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Welcome aboard

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Jay
Welcome to OBO
Hope you gone like it
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

DaSantanamana

Rank I

Contributor III

Black Hills, United States
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Santana
Hello,

My name is Dalton. A few years ago, camping and offroading we're both pretty foreign to me. Which is nuts because my home, the Black Hills of South Dakota, is phenomenal for both. I picked up a 2019 Ford Ranger a couple years ago and the wife and I have done some road trips in it, camping originally in a truck bed tent. We made it down to Moab, up to Theodore Roosevelt NP, and in our own backyard of Badlands NP. We picked up an RTT for Black Friday and I hoping to keep on traveling as our jobs allow.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello,

My name is Dalton. A few years ago, camping and offroading we're both pretty foreign to me. Which is nuts because my home, the Black Hills of South Dakota, is phenomenal for both. I picked up a 2019 Ford Ranger a couple years ago and the wife and I have done some road trips in it, camping originally in a truck bed tent. We made it down to Moab, up to Theodore Roosevelt NP, and in our own backyard of Badlands NP. We picked up an RTT for Black Friday and I hoping to keep on traveling as our jobs allow.
Hallo Dalton
Welcome to OBO
Sounds like you live near heven
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn