Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Thanks! What have you done so far with the Jeep? Any weekend trips to test things out?
So far not as much as I would like. I have done light bar and pod lights. I have had a full tune up done. I have done some cosmetic things with grill inserts.

I have 4 boxes of parts to put on, fingers crossed I get them all on next week. I am a teacher, esports coach, and bakery owner here in Pearl so I stay busy.

When it comes to weekend trips I am trying to get some lined up here soon. If you are interested in tagging along let me know and we can see if we can get some local Overland Bound members to all meet up!
I'm all the way over in Northern California. Would have been cool. I am just learning the app and see there are some members local to me and within an hour.
Sorry I was talking to someone local the other day I thought you were them!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New Member here. Our family was sucked into the overlanding world a few years ago when we discovered XOverland and Lifestyle Overland on YouTube. So far we have made a few small trips and are working on larger plans within a few hours of Birmingham AL

We use two vehicles for our trips
1997 GMC K1500 suburban - we bought this from our pastor the day our state shut down for COVID and couldn’t title it for 6 months. It has been made mechanically sound, a 12k winch was added, new tires and wheels, and a Thule box holds maxtrax and other recovery gear. So far the suspension is stock but it’s been surprisingly capable. It has a 35+ gal fuel tank and lots of room for people and gear.

2004 Lexus GX470 - while primarily my daily driver, I wouldn’t mind it going on a few solo trips. We just added an OME 2.5” lift with Bilstein shocks and a Yakima rack. Fuel range is terrible but it’s considerably more comfortable than the Suburban.

Additionally we kayak a lot, so we pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer that hauls all our kayaks plus camping gear.
Hello Brandon, welcome to Overland Bound.
You might check out Long Range America for your Lexus, I added a 24 gal aux. tank on my Runner and I believe they also have aux tanks for the Lexus.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. My name is Kyle

Have 2022 4Runner. San Diego Based. Look forward to crossing paths on an adventure!
Welcome to Overland Bound Kyle
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey whats up everyone!!! Super excited to be here!!!

My Rig: 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member here. Our family was sucked into the overlanding world a few years ago when we discovered XOverland and Lifestyle Overland on YouTube. So far we have made a few small trips and are working on larger plans within a few hours of Birmingham AL

1997 GMC K1500 suburban - we bought this from our pastor the day our state shut down for COVID and couldn’t title it for 6 months. It has been made mechanically sound, a 12k winch was added, new tires and wheels, and a Thule box holds maxtrax and other recovery gear. So far the suspension is stock but it’s been surprisingly capable. It has a 35+ gal fuel tank and lots of room for people and gear.

2004 Lexus GX470 - while primarily my daily driver, I wouldn’t mind it going on a few solo trips. We just added an OME 2.5” lift with Bilstein shocks and a Yakima rack. Fuel range is terrible but it’s considerably more comfortable than the Suburban.

Additionally we kayak a lot, so we pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer that hauls all our kayaks plus camping gear.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I am Chris and am new to OB. Not done much overlanding but plan to change that. My primary rig is an 84' Landcruiser and just ordered a Runaway Venturist trailer that I should have by April. Interested in meeting fellow Overlanders in the area to do group meet and rides. I have a wife and daughter who enjoy the outdoors.
Welcome To Overland Bound Chris
@NC-Trooper is a local Member Representative in NC for local information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I am Sean, I am new to overland bound as well as to overlanding. I own a 3rd gen Tacoma that I am building up. I am really excited to get input as well as see all the cool places people have gone. View attachment 216071
Welcome to Overland Bound Sean
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; NorCal @PapaDave, North State @Cottonwoody and in Southern OR @M Rose is he Northwest Regional Director.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone! I am Sean, I am new to overland bound as well as to overlanding. I own a 3rd gen Tacoma that I am building up. I am really excited to get input as well as see all the cool places people have gone. View attachment 216071
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound Sean!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi, I am Chris and am new to OB. Not done much overlanding but plan to change that. My primary rig is an 84' Landcruiser and just ordered a Runaway Venturist trailer that I should have by April. Interested in meeting fellow Overlanders in the area to do group meet and rides. I have a wife and daughter who enjoy the outdoors.
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound Chris!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings and welcome to Overland Bound Brandon!

Starkman

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Stark
New member old timer here. I’ve been watching Overland Bound on YouTube for years and it is part of my way to stay connected even if I’m not out away from the city.
I’ve been an adventurer my whole life and car camping and overlanding is comfort for me. Found memories of bombing down the road with my Grandfather in his 62 Pontiac Bonneville with a canvas tent and his trusty camp stove, catching fish for dinner. Anyway…

Denver Colorado area
2000 Ford Expedition set up for how me and my wife like to enjoy getting out.
1989 Ford Bronco for the day trips in the mountains of Colorado and Utah.
Ive been off-roading and camping my whole life so I guess I’m “experienced”. I also ride dirt bikes and do a few big multi day rides yearly with only what you can carry on your back so I tend to be a minimalist type overlander. You can fit a full sized mattress in the back of an Expedition so sleeping in comfort is important to me. I document my adventures on YouTube mostly for my relatives but I’m getting a little better at it. Starks Expeditions is my channel. I’m always looking to add like minded people to my trips. And it is an honor to help people get out and help them become comfortable off the beaten path.

28A1C33A-B345-487D-8443-BA0D8728988A.jpeg8CB6D440-E3CC-4FA9-B3E5-9AEA306A552F.jpeg

DaJudge

Rank III

Enthusiast III

New Mexico
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Judge
Member #

IMG_7899.JPG

Hello everyone. My name is Glen
I am in Albuquerque, NM
2001 Cherokee XJ (I have had it 16 years) The paint is bad but that has it's advantages!
I moved to NM in 2004 and started exploring right away. I do not claim to be an expert but I have fun!