First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Thank you for your reply Kent

Name: mitch

Rig: n/a but hoping to purchase a LR3 discovery

Experience: feels like my first day at a new school. Follow a few youtube channels and on a few forums

Nice to meet you all
Welcome to Overland Bound
In the UK our Regional Director is @Polaris Overland and his local member rep is @professorpool
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Dmax.overland9

Rank IV

Member II

Honiton, Devon, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Walker
Member #

So this is my current 'rig'

It's a 2004 vw transporter. It is a 2wd model but has a split charge system, hifly 601 all terrain tyres and a front runner roof rack and accessories

Although not being 4wd I do use it on forest roads and a few local devon Greenlanes where I know it is capable

I will be looking to sell/swap for a discovery 3/4

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone, I’m Ray, I’m new to the forum, wanting to get some tips on overlanding, and what a rig should be equipped with I’m in the middle of rebuilding my 71 Bronco that has been a daily driver since 1988? In the future I would like to do some mild overland trips.View attachment 216015
Greetings Ray and welcome to OB! Awesome Bronco!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello I'm Nathan I just joined and am super excited about this community. I'm from England originally but moved every three years after the age of eight so... lived and been all over Europe and America currently in eastern Nevada with my work I'm an aircraft electrician in the US navy.
I'm a camper and hiker and have been my hole life didn't really branch into overlanding till I moved to Washington state but am very excited to finally build my first designated overland rig. I own a 1988 land rover defender named Gary and even in his old age he's a beast. Looking to see any of you out on the trails and picking your collective brains in the future.
Greetings Nathan and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey folks I’m Cruz from the NorCal Bay Area. I’ve got a 2016 Tundra Crewmax. I like hitting the trails, a little crawling, and of course overlanding.

Rolling on 40s
Locked front and rear
Armored all the way around
Don’t mind the pinstripes or even a dent here and there.
Greetings Cruz and welcome to OB! I love your front license plate placement! ;)

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Experience: feels like my first day at a new school. Follow a few youtube channels and on a few forums

Nice to meet you all
Greetings Mitch and welcome to OB!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey folks I’m Cruz from the NorCal Bay Area. I’ve got a 2016 Tundra Crewmax. I like hitting the trails, a little crawling, and of course overlanding.

Rolling on 40s
Locked front and rear
Nice rig!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has had a great 2021 so far and still more to go. You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hello everyone, I’m Ray, I’m new to the forum, wanting to get some tips on overlanding, and what a rig should be equipped with I’m in the middle of rebuilding my 71 Bronco that has been a daily driver since 1988? In the future I would like to do some mild overland trips.View attachment 216015
Welcome to the community Ray! Love the og Bronco! We have a very active community here in Colorado as you'd probably expect. Keep an eye on rally point we are always putting up events, and trips on there. We're kinda in the off season at this point for most high country trips. Hit me up if you have any questions about anything. I'm hoping to host a rigs and something for everyone to meet up sometime in January. I'm up in FoCo where are you generally located?

Dave Purvis

Rank VII

Creator II

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

Hello Ray, and welcome to the OB community! Look forward to meeting you on the trails in CO or at a meetup sometime soon. Lots of active folks in the region, so don't hesitate to jump right in!

Dave Purvis

Rank VII

Creator II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

Hello I'm Nathan I just joined and am super excited about this community. I'm from England originally but moved every three years after the age of eight so... lived and been all over Europe and America currently in eastern Nevada with my work I'm an aircraft electrician in the US navy.
I'm a camper and hiker and have been my hole life didn't really branch into overlanding till I moved to Washington state but am very excited to finally build my first designated overland rig. I own a 1988 land rover defender named Gary and even in his old age he's a beast. Looking to see any of you out on the trails and picking your collective brains in the future.
Hi Nathan, welcome to the OB community! Thanks for your service and for keeping our warfighters in the air!

Dave Purvis

Rank VII

Creator II

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

Rolling on 40s
Locked front and rear
Hi Laurente, welcome to the Overland Bound community! That's a sweet looking rig and some impressive pics. What trails are they from? (Moab area?).

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome Ray! Love the vintage Bronco! We are you located?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey everyone. I'm Matt from the PNW. I have many years of off-road experience including 10+ years of competition rock crawling. I built my 86 4runner nicknames the IFsRunner from the ground up to be able to follow buggies while packing tools and coolers. Life has changed for me over the last year and I'm in the process of building my 95 land cruiser to live out of full time while I travel all over the country and see everything I possibly can. All while spending as much time in the dirt as possible. Just myself and my dog. Hoping to have the rig done in the next month or so for its shake down run. Definitely looking forward to hearing suggestions on what to see and long trails to run. Alaska is already planned for next year and I'd love to run from Canada to Mexico this winter. I'll be completely setup for off grid living. Thanks!
Hello Matt, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. I have several member representatives scattered a crossed the PNW, so it helps to know where you are located so we can offer assistance in the event you need help. The Member Representative for Alaska is @beyondthepavement.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Welcome! Awesome Bronco!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Welcome to OB and thank you for serving!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran

Nice to meet you all
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

We have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look forward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip.

Dmax.overland9

Rank IV

Member II

Honiton, Devon, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Walker
Member #

That's awesome thank you for the reply I'm originally from the north west but now in the south. I have followed both reps and look forward to speaking to you all

Nice to meet you all
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

We have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look forward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip.

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Welcome to the OB family Joe. I lived in the Portland OR area for 20 years before moving back to Colorado.
Thank you for the welcome. I was actually born in Portland. My father was stationed there back in 1991 with the Coast Guard. I will be traveling through Utah on my way out to MOAN next summer. (Well that is the plan at least)