Rank IV

Member II

Honiton, Devon, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Walker
Member #

That's awesome thank you for the reply I'm originally from the north west but now in the south. I have followed both reps and look forward to speaking to you all

Name: mitch

Rig: n/a but hoping to purchase a LR3 discovery

Experience: feels like my first day at a new school. Follow a few youtube channels and on a few forums

Nice to meet you all
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

We have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look forward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip.

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Welcome to the OB family Joe. I lived in the Portland OR area for 20 years before moving back to Colorado.
Thank you for the welcome. I was actually born in Portland. My father was stationed there back in 1991 with the Coast Guard. I will be traveling through Utah on my way out to MOAN next summer. (Well that is the plan at least)

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Hey everyone! I am Sean, I am new to overland bound as well as to overlanding. I own a 3rd gen Tacoma that I am building up. I am really excited to get input as well as see all the cool places people have gone. View attachment 216071
Hey and welcome to the family! I love the Tacoma, lots of possibilities with that platform! I am building out my jeep now! Planning a big trip for the summer!

Fj60Fan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Deweese
Member #

Hi, I am Chris and am new to OB. Not done much overlanding but plan to change that. My primary rig is an 84' Landcruiser and just ordered a Runaway Venturist trailer that I should have by April. Interested in meeting fellow Overlanders in the area to do group meet and rides. I have a wife and daughter who enjoy the outdoors.

Attachments

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Hi, I am Chris and am new to OB. Not done much overlanding but plan to change that. My primary rig is an 84' Landcruiser and just ordered a Runaway Venturist trailer that I should have by April. Interested in meeting fellow Overlanders in the area to do group meet and rides. I have a wife and daughter who enjoy the outdoors.
Welcome to the OB family.

IFsRunner

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kitsap County, Washington, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Boedecker
Hey everyone. I'm Matt from the PNW. I have many years of off-road experience including 10+ years of competition rock crawling. I built my 86 4runner nicknames the IFsRunner from the ground up to be able to follow buggies while packing tools and coolers. Life has changed for me over the last year and I'm in the process of building my 95 land cruiser to live out of full time while I travel all over the country and see everything I possibly can. All while spending as much time in the dirt as possible. Just myself and my dog. Hoping to have the rig done in the next month or so for its shake down run. Definitely looking forward to hearing suggestions on what to see and long trails to run. Alaska is already planned for next year and I'd love to run from Canada to Mexico this winter. I'll be completely setup for off grid living. Thanks!
Hello Matt, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. I have several member representatives scattered a crossed the PNW, so it helps to know where you are located so we can offer assistance in the event you need help. The Member Representative for Alaska is @beyondthepavement.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Right now while I'm building the new rig I'm based in kitsap country up in the Puget Sound. Once it's done and some test runs are out of the way I'll be on the move for as long as I can be.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound.

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Thanks! What have you done so far with the Jeep? Any weekend trips to test things out?
So far not as much as I would like. I have done light bar and pod lights. I have had a full tune up done. I have done some cosmetic things with grill inserts.

I have 4 boxes of parts to put on, fingers crossed I get them all on next week. I am a teacher, esports coach, and bakery owner here in Pearl so I stay busy.

When it comes to weekend trips I am trying to get some lined up here soon. If you are interested in tagging along let me know and we can see if we can get some local Overland Bound members to all meet up!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

SeanProuty

Rank I

Contributor III

Weed, Siskiyou County, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Prouty
Thanks! What have you done so far with the Jeep? Any weekend trips to test things out?
So far not as much as I would like. I have done light bar and pod lights. I have had a full tune up done. I have done some cosmetic things with grill inserts.

I have 4 boxes of parts to put on, fingers crossed I get them all on next week. I am a teacher, esports coach, and bakery owner here in Pearl so I stay busy.

When it comes to weekend trips I am trying to get some lined up here soon. If you are interested in tagging along let me know and we can see if we can get some local Overland Bound members to all meet up!
I'm all the way over in Northern California. Would have been cool. I am just learning the app and see there are some members local to me and within an hour.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Cahaba Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

St. Clair County, AL, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

New Member here. Our family was sucked into the overlanding world a few years ago when we discovered XOverland and Lifestyle Overland on YouTube. So far we have made a few small trips and are working on larger plans within a few hours of Birmingham AL

We use two vehicles for our trips
1997 GMC K1500 suburban - we bought this from our pastor the day our state shut down for COVID and couldn’t title it for 6 months. It has been made mechanically sound, a 12k winch was added, new tires and wheels, and a Thule box holds maxtrax and other recovery gear. So far the suspension is stock but it’s been surprisingly capable. It has a 35+ gal fuel tank and lots of room for people and gear.

2004 Lexus GX470 - while primarily my daily driver, I wouldn’t mind it going on a few solo trips. We just added an OME 2.5” lift with Bilstein shocks and a Yakima rack. Fuel range is terrible but it’s considerably more comfortable than the Suburban.

Additionally we kayak a lot, so we pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer that hauls all our kayaks plus camping gear.

Attachments

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

I'm all the way over in Northern California. Would have been cool. I am just learning the app and see there are some members local to me and within an hour.
Sorry I was talking to someone local the other day I thought you were them!