Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all. New to the site, I first learned about OB at my first Overland Expo West. Now running a G63 AMG and was able to enjoy its first outing at the Bar 10 Ranch with E 3 Overland folks and TrailRecon. I have added a Front Runner Rack and looking to find new wheels and tires. I am a complete novice and hope to continue to get more experience soon.
Cheers. View attachment 215219
Greetings Joe and welcome to OB!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hello all. New to the site, I first learned about OB at my first Overland Expo West. Now running a G63 AMG and was able to enjoy its first outing at the Bar 10 Ranch with E 3 Overland folks and TrailRecon. I have added a Front Runner Rack and looking to find new wheels and tires. I am a complete novice and hope to continue to get more experience soon.
Cheers. View attachment 215219
Welcome...looks like a good start!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

GBGCR4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
Welcome to OB. You’ve been to some great locations. I’m curious which of the places you’ve overlanded has been your favorite to this point. I’d love to make it to New Zealand some day.
Honestly it's hard to say. Comparing them is quite difficult. Costa Rica has come great places, where if you like serious off road experiences, you'll have fun. I've been to the south, Peninsula de Osa, and we went right after the rainy season. We crossed around 3 or 4 rivers with a very high level of water, muddy roads, and such. It was a challenge, I'd even say a bit dangerous, but our vehicles were well equipped. Then, the reward was camping at a beach with nobody else there fr 3 days.

Australia was perhaps the place where I saw the most incredible places. We drove for over 5,000 km from Perth all the way to Cairns, going through the South Coast. It was unbelievable. New Zealand had stunning views and roads.Hard to say!!

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
I'm Joe, from Santa Ana, Ca.
This is my 2015 Toyota Tacoma named Blanca. She started life as a TRD Off Road.
If I had to compare my overlanding experience to a t-shirt size, I'd say that my overlanding experience is a "smedium." We've put 12,000 mile on this rig over the last year and she isn't a daily driver. The skid plates, sliders, and wheels show that we've had some serious fun in that time far beyond our local fire roads.
View attachment 214941
Nice rig, but I'm biased! lol

Ham Radio Adventures

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Pinole, California, USA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6USY
Hello from Indiana! Our family rig is a 2019 Subaru Ascent with a CVT RTT. We will be doing some off-road modifications this winter. We have already driven across the country to the west coast multiple times. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding here!
Nice Heather , my wife had a crosstrek and loved great cars!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello from Indiana! Our family rig is a 2019 Subaru Ascent with a CVT RTT. We will be doing some off-road modifications this winter. We have already driven across the country to the west coast multiple times. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding here!
Hello Heather, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Sup y’all! I’m new to the community I just bought a lifted 2002 wrx that i’m going to try and build to an overland standpoint! I’m on a 14 Year olds budget so it’s a slow and steady process . I’m still just trying to learn as much as possible and get into the community!
Hello Bergie, welcome to Overland Bound. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

snomonster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Edmonds, Snohomish County, Washington, United States
First Name
bergie
Last Name
snomonster
Sup y’all! I’m new to the community I just bought a lifted 2002 wrx that i’m going to try and build to an overland standpoint! I’m on a 14 Year olds budget so it’s a slow and steady process . I’m still just trying to learn as much as possible and get into the community!
Hello Bergie, welcome to Overland Bound. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
so this is what i bought it as and then after that we took of the bumper and sprayed bedliner

Attachments

snomonster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Edmonds, Snohomish County, Washington, United States
First Name
bergie
Last Name
snomonster