Portland, ME, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Young
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
Hello Everyone,

I'm Jesse, and I live in Portland, Maine, USA. Currently I drive a 2016 Ford Escape 2.0L but am hoping to pick up a '21 Tacoma next month. I would say I'm somewhere between the advanced beginner and competent level with overlanding. It's been over 8 years since I last did any off-roading style adventures. I'm planning next year to build a teardrop trailer to have a more timely camp setup.

I've been meandering the forums for a while, and thought I'd join in occasionally on them. Some great discussions, and many different folks which I love.

Here's a photo, and I'll try to get one after I trade in the Escape. During the non-snowy months my car almost permanently wears a canoe or kayaks as a hat.

Escape at play.jpgEscape.jpgEscape Trunk Area.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone,

I'm Jesse, and I live in Portland, Maine, USA. Currently I drive a 2016 Ford Escape 2.0L but am hoping to pick up a '21 Tacoma next month. I would say I'm somewhere between the advanced beginner and competent level with overlanding. It's been over 8 years since I last did any off-roading style adventures. I'm planning next year to build a teardrop trailer to have a more timely camp setup.

I've been meandering the forums for a while, and thought I'd join in occasionally on them. Some great discussions, and many different folks which I love.

Here's a photo, and I'll try to get one after I trade in the Escape. During the non-snowy months my car almost permanently wears a canoe or kayaks as a hat.

View attachment 214384View attachment 214386View attachment 214385
Hello Jesse, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

Welcome To Overland Bound Jesse
The Tacoma will work well for you, opens up lots of more options for camp locations.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and Elzevir

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the Crew Jesse. What are you paddling? Old Towne? She looks well maintained.

Elzevir

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Portland, ME, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Young
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the Crew Jesse. What are you paddling? Old Towne? She looks well maintained.
That one's an Old Town Charles River 159, and the not pictured ones are an Old Town H2Pro and a pair of Wilderness Systems Tsunami Kayaks (140 & 145). The Charles River did well on the Allagash 2 years ago, though I wish I had the Royalex 17 footer. It's a beautiful boat.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I’m excited to be a part of this community, and look forward to meeting some of you at future events, or just in passing.

I’ve been a 4x4 guy since early in my Navy career (subs), as well as an avid backpacker, but as my body gets older, the overlanding adventures look more and more attractive.
My current rig is a pretty stock 3.6 2011 WK2 Overland, which is my 7th GC, and my third 2011 Ovi. I have built a few, and not built a few. I think my plan is to have some fun with this one, though.
I live in Southern California and work in SD. Originally from Boston (go B’s!), stationed everywhere that we have subs, and have taken the subway around the world on several different tracks. Now I would like to do that with the normal earthling side of the planet - the land.

Again, I’m excited to be a part, learn some new knowledge, or perhaps share some of my own.
Cheers!
Christopher

(My trail partner in crime is a GSD rescue)
Welcome and thanks for serving our country!

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

That one's an Old Town Charles River 159, and the not pictured ones are an Old Town H2Pro and a pair of Wilderness Systems Tsunami Kayaks (140 & 145). The Charles River did well on the Allagash 2 years ago, though I wish I had the Royalex 17 footer. It's a beautiful boat.
That Old Towne is a nice boat. The Royalex needs a heap of gear inside to keep her on track. We’ll have to start a canoe thread. Tell me what you think about the Ally DR 16.5. I don’t have room on the RTT for a ridged.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

I’m excited to be a part of this community, and look forward to meeting some of you at future events, or just in passing.

I’ve been a 4x4 guy since early in my Navy career (subs), as well as an avid backpacker, but as my body gets older, the overlanding adventures look more and more attractive.
My current rig is a pretty stock 3.6 2011 WK2 Overland, which is my 7th GC, and my third 2011 Ovi. I have built a few, and not built a few. I think my plan is to have some fun with this one, though.
I live in Southern California and work in SD. Originally from Boston (go B’s!), stationed everywhere that we have subs, and have taken the subway around the world on several different tracks. Now I would like to do that with the normal earthling side of the planet - the land.

Again, I’m excited to be a part, learn some new knowledge, or perhaps share some of my own.
Cheers!
Hey everyone. I'm out of Fort Worth, Texas here. 14 4Runner I am slowly getting to where I want. Time for some winter camping!
Christopher

(My trail partner in crime is a GSD rescue)
Welcome to OB CMcGilvray.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to OB, Jesse! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Thank you all for the welcoming & I am a newbie to the overland life but i am ready to roam & get lost & find something new where ever i may end up. Slowly getting my rig set up but i will still take short trips when i can.
Rig is a new to me 2017 JKU.
Welcome to OB, Shannon! We're glad to have you here. You've got a great platform to start with there. Enjoy!