Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello Everyone. My name is Peter and I go by Fig. It's great to join the community and I am really looking forward to this new journey in both my life and my wifie. We are older, but with young hearts and still very adventurous. We have moved from a Jeep Rubicon JK to the new Launch Edition Gladiator which we absolutely love. We have been camping for many years and now that we are approaching our retirement years we want to begin our overlanding experience. Hopefully with this community we can begin that journey.. Next step for us in fact this coming weekend is to head out from North Carolina all the way to Boise Idaho to pick up our new overlanding rig, the Conqueror UEV 490. Looking forward to meeting any locals near Raleigh area in NC. Cheers! Fig
Welcome to OB, Fig! We're glad to have you here. Hope to see you and that rig out on the trails. Enjoy!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey OB Crew - My name is CJ and my wife and I call Northern California home. We have a '19 4Runner ORP with a few things. Accutune gave us a Fox setup, RCI sliders, Icon links, Prinsu rack, skids... and I got a Pelfrey bumper from the BAMF yardsale. I've done a little wheeling in the past, but definitely novice at best. Oh and we just landed a new Opus OP4 trailer last month. Super excited to get this out and use it!
Welcome to OB, CJ! We're glad to have you here. That's a sweet rig! Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

My rig is a 87 Ford Bronco XLT. Still doing upgrades.
For now I'm still in Tampa Bay area Florida.
I enjoy the outdoors when not extremely hot. I have some knowledge of overland from being in the military. I also have search and rescue training. Plus medical. That is my dog Stella in my bronco.
Welcome to OB, Matthew! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello Overland Bounders,
My name is Mark.
Rigs several…I have an addiction to overland rigs, mostly cause until my recent retirement I worked as the sales & marketing rep for Colorado Camper Van. So the current stable is a 2004 CCV built E350 6.0 uh_oh 4x4 high top w/ full interior build out, 2000 E350 Ujoint built 4x4 van (currently giving it a face lift) and 2015 Jeep JKUR with Ursa Minor pop top.
I reside in Loveland CO. Been into overlanding for 10 years or so… but was really doing it before I even knew the term.
My hobbies out side of overlanding include in no particular order - dogs, rock climbing, mtn biking, fly fishing, alpine skiing & surfing.
Welcome to OB, Mark! We're glad to have you here. Sweet rigs! Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello All,
I am from Strasburg Pennsylvania and to be totally honest I become interested in this from watching Lifestyle Overland YouTube videos. I was hooked with the places they have gone. I am going to try and ease myself into this and see where it takes me. I have a 2021 Toyota 4Runner but I'm not sure I'm ready to take it out just yet. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn.
Welcome to OB, Mike! We're glad to have you here. You guys are killin me with the Lunar Rock trucks, going to make me need one! Enjoy!

Contributor III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Mitchell
Last Name
Dunn
Member #

Hey all! Mitch here. I recently started customizing my 2019 Ford Ranger and came across overlanding while looking for inspiration. Instantly I knew it was destined to be my life long hobby and money sink. I'm pretty crafty when it comes to mechanics and fabrication, and I love hiking and camping. So why not mix the two? I've never officially been overlanding so I hope this community can help guide me through gear set up and get a trip or two under my belt. I'm currently in the east coast but would love to make my way out to the west coast in the next couple or years.

I look forward to the adventure!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks ZRex! I love it and my wife is learning to be ok with the cost to build these 4Runners out. Crazy how limited they are compared to the new Bronco!! Then again most things are. Ha!
The grass IS NOT greener on the other side of the pasture. The cons of the 4Runner way out weigh the pros of the new Bronco.
The only cons of the 4Runner are: Open Differentials and needing a lift to get 33” or larger tires.
Pros for the 4Runner:
Towing Capacity
V8- Engine
Cargo room
Passenger room
HUGE aftermarket support

The only thing the Bronco had going for it is selectable lockers and 35” tires. Everything else on the New Bronco is a gimmicky.
Cons on the New Bronco:
V6 engine
Limited cargo capacity
Scrunched passenger room
Limited aftermarket support
Lots of electrical systems tied together causing multiple points of failure
and my con list goes in for miles…

I own both a 4th Gen 4Runner and a 4th Gen Bronco. I was going to trade my Bronco in on the New Bronco but I wasn’t willing to loose my V8, 5 Speed Transmission, manual transfer case, towing capacity, but most importantly my cargo and passenger room. The cargo room is less in my Bronco than that of my 4Runner, but passenger room is better than the 4Runner. They both have the same towing capacity, and all my Bronco accessories are hand built.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Overland Bounders,
My name is Mark.
Rigs several…I have an addiction to overland rigs, mostly cause until my recent retirement I worked as the sales & marketing rep for Colorado Camper Van. So the current stable is a 2004 CCV built E350 6.0 uh_oh 4x4 high top w/ full interior build out, 2000 E350 Ujoint built 4x4 van (currently giving it a face lift) and 2015 Jeep JKUR with Ursa Minor pop top.
I reside in Loveland CO. Been into overlanding for 10 years or so… but was really doing it before I even knew the term.
My hobbies out side of overlanding include in no particular order - dogs, rock climbing, mtn biking, fly fishing, alpine skiing & surfing.
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All,
I am from Strasburg Pennsylvania and to be totally honest I become interested in this from watching Lifestyle Overland YouTube videos. I was hooked with the places they have gone. I am going to try and ease myself into this and see where it takes me. I have a 2021 Toyota 4Runner but I'm not sure I'm ready to take it out just yet. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn. View attachment 214253
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all! Mitch here. I recently started customizing my 2019 Ford Ranger and came across overlanding while looking for inspiration. Instantly I knew it was destined to be my life long hobby and money sink. I'm pretty crafty when it comes to mechanics and fabrication, and I love hiking and camping. So why not mix the two? I've never officially been overlanding so I hope this community can help guide me through gear set up and get a trip or two under my belt. I'm currently in the east coast but would love to make my way out to the west coast in the next couple or years.

Hello Mitchell, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
I am from Strasburg Pennsylvania and to be totally honest I become interested in this from watching Lifestyle Overland YouTube videos. I was hooked with the places they have gone. I am going to try and ease myself into this and see where it takes me. I have a 2021 Toyota 4Runner but I'm not sure I'm ready to take it out just yet. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn. View attachment 214253
Welcome To Overland Bound
I like the color.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bounders,
My name is Mark.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mark
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @Iridium Fort Collins
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
My rig is a 87 Ford Bronco XLT. Still doing upgrades.
For now I'm still in Tampa Bay area Florida.
I enjoy the outdoors when not extremely hot. I have some knowledge of overland from being in the military. I also have search and rescue training. Plus medical. That is my dog Stella in my bronco.
Hello Matthew and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Overland Bounders,
My name is Mark.
Hello Mark and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All,
Hello Mike and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Mitch and welcome to Overland Bound!