Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I'm Jesse, and I live in Portland, Maine, USA. Currently I drive a 2016 Ford Escape 2.0L but am hoping to pick up a '21 Tacoma next month. I would say I'm somewhere between the advanced beginner and competent level with overlanding. It's been over 8 years since I last did any off-roading style adventures. I'm planning next year to build a teardrop trailer to have a more timely camp setup.

I've been meandering the forums for a while, and thought I'd join in occasionally on them. Some great discussions, and many different folks which I love.

Here's a photo, and I'll try to get one after I trade in the Escape. During the non-snowy months my car almost permanently wears a canoe or kayaks as a hat.

View attachment 214384View attachment 214386View attachment 214385
Welcometo OB Jesse, I’m new hear as wel…

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you all for the welcoming & I am a newbie to the overland life but i am ready to roam & get lost & find something new where ever i may end up. Slowly getting my rig set up but i will still take short trips when i can.
Rig is a new to me 2017 JKU.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone, Recently joined with a 2010 FJ Cruiser that's of mods most of which I forget, must be an age thing! North Coastal San Diego County/central Arizona. Looking forward to getting to know like minded people.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi Everyone, Recently joined with a 2010 FJ Cruiser that's of mods most of which I forget, must be an age thing! North Coastal San Diego County/central Arizona. Looking forward to getting to know like minded people.
Welcome from Germany!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the add! New to Overlanding, looking to learn. Old man, 72, single, living in Morelia, Mexico. Man of few words!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It's just awesome how this great community keeps growing! A warm welcome to all new members! Look around here and you will find a lot of good information about overlanding. And don't forget: go out and eplore the world. Many small and big adventures are waiting for you out there! Enjoy!

Greetings from Europe
Björn

SaltyFJ

Rank II

Contributor III

California, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thanks for all the info Kent!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Bo.4rnr

Rank II

Contributor III

Hudson Falls, Washington County, New York, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bodie
Member #

Hello Everyone

My name is Stephen but everyone refers to me as Bodie or Bo. I'm located near the Adirondacks in New York. Last year around this time I picked up a 2021 Toyota 4 Runner Venture Special Edition. Little did I know that this vehicle was going to change the way I look at the outdoors. I graduated from grad school in May and moved in with my best friend Liz. So far we have camped a few places in the Adirondacks, places around upstate NY, and Acadia National Park. I am an admin for 518 Yotas on Facebook. It's a group that was started for Toyota Folks to go camping, do trail rides (Tread lightly), and have fun.

Currently, the 4runner sits mostly stock. Between the pandemic and saving up, I decided to save for the whole year before outfitting the truck.
I do have a Midland MXT 275 GMRS radio installed - Call sign - WRKJ700.

As for plans to outfit the 4runner - next purchase will be recovery gear, then tires/suspension, and lastly a bumper ( not sure if I want to do both front and rear or just front)

I'm looking forward to learning and growing with this community and meeting some awesome people.

Thanks
Bo

D5CA3573-C0DB-47A5-8B41-0E9893C39966.jpg

Krazyjohnny

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Northwest Arkansas
First Name
John
Last Name
Ruff
New here been doing some of this for years. we called it off-roading or wheeling. got a 2017 F250 and just ordered a cab hi shell. We enjoy all kinds of outdoor stuff from mtn biking, dirtbikes, hunting, fishing, canoeing and backpacking. We have had a couple different campers in the past and really enjoyed that but, are now wanting something a little simpler. So been looking at different drawer/platform setups. Great site for conjuring up ideas for sure.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello Everyone

My name is Stephen but everyone refers to me as Bodie or Bo. I'm located near the Adirondacks in New York. Last year around this time I picked up a 2021 Toyota 4 Runner Venture Special Edition. Little did I know that this vehicle was going to change the way I look at the outdoors. I graduated from grad school in May and moved in with my best friend Liz. So far we have camped a few places in the Adirondacks, places around upstate NY, and Acadia National Park. I am an admin for 518 Yotas on Facebook. It's a group that was started for Toyota Folks to go camping, do trail rides (Tread lightly), and have fun.

Currently, the 4runner sits mostly stock. Between the pandemic and saving up, I decided to save for the whole year before outfitting the truck.

As for plans to outfit the 4runner - next purchase will be recovery gear, then tires/suspension, and lastly a bumper ( not sure if I want to do both front and rear or just front)

I'm looking forward to learning and growing with this community and meeting some awesome people.

Thanks
Bo
Welcome Bo! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

New here been doing some of this for years. we called it off-roading or wheeling. got a 2017 F250 and just ordered a cab hi shell. We enjoy all kinds of outdoor stuff from mtn biking, dirtbikes, hunting, fishing, canoeing and backpacking. We have had a couple different campers in the past and really enjoyed that but, are now wanting something a little simpler. So been looking at different drawer/platform setups. Great site for conjuring up ideas for sure.
Welcome to OB, John! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

Contributor III

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
First Name
Geraint
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Evening all new to the community. Living and working in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Have been building my Ford F-150 2015 over the past five years. It’s gone through a few versions and have finally settled in stealth camping in the truck bed since having it fitted with a SnugPro shell.

Attachments

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Evening all new to the community. Living and working in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Have been building my Ford F-150 2015 over the past five years. It’s gone through a few versions and have finally settled in stealth camping in the truck bed since having it fitted with a SnugPro shell.
Welcome to OB, Geraint! We're glad to have you here. I like how subtle your rig is, doesn't draw too much attention. Enjoy!

Enthusiast I

Rio Rancho, Sandoval County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Ivan
Last Name
Fronefield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKE604
Service Branch
USAF Vet
Hey everyone, thanks for letting me join the community. New guy in New Mexico, using my 2014 tundra crewmax. Lots of experience in the outdoors but just getting into Overlanding. Also love motorcycle camping off my 2014 bmw r 1200 gs. Two wheels or four, I just appreciate being out and off of pavement. Looking forward to the group, thanks!
-Ivan

Attachments

Tango Tiger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Hey everyone, thanks for letting me join the community. New guy in New Mexico, using my 2014 tundra crewmax. Lots of experience in the outdoors but just getting into Overlanding. Also love motorcycle camping off my 2014 bmw r 1200 gs. Two wheels or four, I just appreciate being out and off of pavement. Looking forward to the group, thanks!
-Ivan
Welcome to OB. That’s a good looking rig you have.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone

Thanks
Bo

View attachment 214472
Hello Bo, welcome to Overland Bound.