Enthusiast II

Citrus County, Florida, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Good morning everyone,
We just moved down to Florida from Washington and already missing the mountains. We have a 2019 Sprinter 170 4x4.
As far as overlanding experience, I'd say I'm a beginner. We have done small trail runs, lasting a couple days, but nothing crazy.
With that said, we have done loads of road traveling, getting into national forests to camp, hike and explore.
Looking forward to learning more about overlanding on here!View attachment 210027
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound.
Hello, and welcome to Florida. Florida is one of those states that around some of the national parks they have trails that you can drive on and get out into the woods. The Northwestern part has quite a few places lost in the woods where small towns used to be, not much left but some foundations but it's still cool to see

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Good morning. After months of research decided to come aboard here. Previously with Tacoma World. Sold the Taco and upgraded to a heaver truck. Have been camping, hiking, climbing and general outdoors things all my life. I'm glad to be here.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning. After months of research decided to come aboard here. Previously with Tacoma World. Sold the Taco and upgraded to a heaver truck. Have been camping, hiking, climbing and general outdoors things all my life. I'm glad to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Here is a section of the forum that you might be interested in.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2013 Ford F-150 XLT
Experience: NONE

I love the outdoors and grew up on the beach. We’ll, now I’m landlocked and am looking for something to scratch that itch. I can’t wait to learn something every day and have some good experiences along the way.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Our Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning everyone,
We just moved down to Florida from Washington and already missing the mountains. We have a 2019 Sprinter 170 4x4.
As far as overlanding experience, I'd say I'm a beginner. We have done small trail runs, lasting a couple days, but nothing crazy.
With that said, we have done loads of road traveling, getting into national forests to camp, hike and explore.
Looking forward to learning more about overlanding on here!View attachment 210027
Welcome To Overland Bound
WOW that move is a major geographical and climate change.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning all,

Thanks for letting me be apart of your Community. My name is Brian, I’m located on Bainbridge Island, WA and I drive a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and have very little overland experience but I am looking forward to learning! Currently I just started planning/building upgrades. I just finished a DIY drawer system that I’ll share soon. View attachment 210025
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

I love the outdoors and grew up on the beach. We’ll, now I’m landlocked and am looking for something to scratch that itch. I can’t wait to learn something every day and have some good experiences along the way.
Hello Devin, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Dave, welcome to Overland Bound.

OFER G

Rank 0

Contributor I

israel
First Name
OFER
Last Name
GREENSHPAN
Hi there.
So, my name is ofer, 55 years old. Professional farrier by trade. Living in israel and try to be out in nature as much as i can. Driving a nissan patrol as a work and trail vehicle for every day use.
Trying to make a dream come true and drive the pan American next year.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Looks like this place is growing more every day! Hi, I'm Kent. I am from one of the greatest states in the US when it comes to overlanding - so much of this place is rife with 4x4 trails and places to just get out at!

1) (This spot reserved for uploading a picture when I put some on my PC)
2) Utah/Wasatch Front
3) 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT2
4) Absolute novice - I've been camping all my life (BSA represent - where my fellow Eagles at?), but never was able to do much with the exploring/adventure aspect of it, aside from doing some backpacking 100 lbs. ago, haha. But with age, injury, and weight (and desk jobs), it's not as easy to do that as it once was. There's only so much gear for family camping that fits into a Forester (or any other Subaru for that matter), and sometimes you need a truck for truck stuff, so the Avalanche that I bought from a buddy is kind of the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, the Av didn't quite get the support that other vehicles got, but I am looking to make it work out anyway.
Hello Kent, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,

Sadly I don’t have a rig to speak of yet. Over the last 18 months I came across overlanding and i admit it’s something that really captured my interests. Living in the Los Angeles area, I feel like I don’t get away enough to relax and enjoy life. Overlanding seems to be a good way to address that and go exploring. So for right now, I’m mainly in the exploration and research stages of what I want to do, the rig I want to setup, gear I’ll need, etc. Until then, I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

-Forrest
Hello Forrest, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everybody!

Great community. My name is Stefano Rota, from Quito, Ecuador. I've been overlanding in improper cars for my country, so now Im purchasing a proper car.

So, again, Quito, Ecuador, I recommend my country for Overlanding if any of you have the chance!

The car is a 1993 FJ80 Japaneese Version, Carburator, Double Tank, Stick shift, 350,000KM, and 2,000KM since engine was repared.

My experience, well, I've always been a "car camper/ Overlander" hearted person, but now a days Im starting to do it more and decided to go serious on it! Not the most experienced but I try my best.

Hope we can have some fun in this forum!

Stefano Rota
Hello Stefano, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning all,

Thanks for letting me be apart of your Community. My name is Brian, I’m located on Bainbridge Island, WA and I drive a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and have very little overland experience but I am looking forward to learning! Currently I just started planning/building upgrades. I just finished a DIY drawer system that I’ll share soon. View attachment 210025
Hello Brian, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning everyone,
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello Devin (@Dero1221), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Although you may be farther from the beach, you are closer to the mountains. Lots of great folks around your way to learn from and share with.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Dave, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi there.
So, my name is ofer, 55 years old. Professional farrier by trade. Living in israel and try to be out in nature as much as i can. Driving a nissan patrol as a work and trail vehicle for every day use.
Trying to make a dream come true and drive the pan American next year.
Hello Ofer, welcome to the OB family.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Good morning all,

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound