Fayetteville, NC, USA
First Name
Coatney
Last Name
Cunningham
Member #

Service Branch
Civ contractor/ tow
Hey man, I’m new to it a bit too. Looking to get out more as well. I got a 02 F250 that took me from Vegas to Ensenada/La Paz a few times with a race team. Looking to get into OR more. If you’re ever in need of anything or anyone to go roam with I’ll give it a shot. I’m in Vancouver, WA a bit north but not crazy. I go to Central OR a bunch, Madras too.
Thanks man, i haven't done much wheeling in WA.. other than wandering around Mt Adams, long beach and driving thru the Olympic peninsula... I love the Northwest...

Rogue1

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Newell County, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Nicholson
Member #

Hello Everyone
Just joined up glad to be part of the group. Running a 2008 Jeep JKU, Unlimited X, many mods done, it's been a work vehicle for me from the Northwest Territories to the Canada/US border so it's seen its fair share of Western Canada, I work in the Canadian Oilfield so lots of time spent in the backcountry. I guess I have been overlanding for many years(Just didn't know the name LOL)
Working where I do you have to be extremely self sufficient as you are out alone scouting very remote locations with Zero communications available.
View attachment 209923
Hello Cameron, welcome to the OB family.

Davidln1

Rank III

Educator I

Marissa, St. Clair County, Illinois, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Nellis
Member #

Service Branch
ARNG, EMS, Police

firemen7

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
McLaren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EBY
Service Branch
Firefighter/Paramedi
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus Gx 470
I’m intermittent in Overlanding . I love driving . My friends today even joke with me because of my Mantra “let’s go places” I’m new to this club and I can’t wait to “go places “ with this group.
Welcome to the family! lots to learn and lots to share.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

firemen7

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
McLaren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EBY
Service Branch
Firefighter/Paramedi
Looks like this place is growing more every day! Hi, I'm Kent. I am from one of the greatest states in the US when it comes to overlanding - so much of this place is rife with 4x4 trails and places to just get out at!

1) (This spot reserved for uploading a picture when I put some on my PC)
2) Utah/Wasatch Front
3) 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT2
4) Absolute novice - I've been camping all my life (BSA represent - where my fellow Eagles at?), but never was able to do much with the exploring/adventure aspect of it, aside from doing some backpacking 100 lbs. ago, haha. But with age, injury, and weight (and desk jobs), it's not as easy to do that as it once was. There's only so much gear for family camping that fits into a Forester (or any other Subaru for that matter), and sometimes you need a truck for truck stuff, so the Avalanche that I bought from a buddy is kind of the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, the Av didn't quite get the support that other vehicles got, but I am looking to make it work out anyway.
Welcome to the adventure, this is such a great site to gain or enhance your knowledge & skills also to share your knowledge with us.
Cheers from California

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Looks like this place is growing more every day! Hi, I'm Kent. I am from one of the greatest states in the US when it comes to overlanding - so much of this place is rife with 4x4 trails and places to just get out at!

2) Utah/Wasatch Front
4) Absolute novice - I've been camping all my life (BSA represent - where my fellow Eagles at?), but never was able to do much with the exploring/adventure aspect of it, aside from doing some backpacking 100 lbs. ago, haha. But with age, injury, and weight (and desk jobs), it's not as easy to do that as it once was. There's only so much gear for family camping that fits into a Forester (or any other Subaru for that matter), and sometimes you need a truck for truck stuff, so the Avalanche that I bought from a buddy is kind of the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, the Av didn't quite get the support that other vehicles got, but I am looking to make it work out anyway.
Hello Kent, welcome to Overland Bound.

mtgmirari

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pasadena, CA, USA
First Name
Forrest
Last Name
Campbell
Hello everyone,

Sadly I don’t have a rig to speak of yet. Over the last 18 months I came across overlanding and i admit it’s something that really captured my interests. Living in the Los Angeles area, I feel like I don’t get away enough to relax and enjoy life. Overlanding seems to be a good way to address that and go exploring. So for right now, I’m mainly in the exploration and research stages of what I want to do, the rig I want to setup, gear I’ll need, etc. Until then, I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

-Forrest

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,

Sadly I don’t have a rig to speak of yet. Over the last 18 months I came across overlanding and i admit it’s something that really captured my interests. Living in the Los Angeles area, I feel like I don’t get away enough to relax and enjoy life. Overlanding seems to be a good way to address that and go exploring. So for right now, I’m mainly in the exploration and research stages of what I want to do, the rig I want to setup, gear I’ll need, etc. Until then, I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

-Forrest
Hello Forrest, welcome Overland Bound.

willorge

Rank 0

Contributor I

Quito, Ecuador
First Name
Stefano
Last Name
Rota
Hello Everybody!

Great community. My name is Stefano Rota, from Quito, Ecuador. I've been overlanding in improper cars for my country, so now Im purchasing a proper car.

So, again, Quito, Ecuador, I recommend my country for Overlanding if any of you have the chance!

The car is a 1993 FJ80 Japaneese Version, Carburator, Double Tank, Stick shift, 350,000KM, and 2,000KM since engine was repared.

My experience, well, I've always been a "car camper/ Overlander" hearted person, but now a days Im starting to do it more and decided to go serious on it! Not the most experienced but I try my best.

Hope we can have some fun in this forum!

Stefano Rota

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everybody!

Great community. My name is Stefano Rota, from Quito, Ecuador. I've been overlanding in improper cars for my country, so now Im purchasing a proper car.

So, again, Quito, Ecuador, I recommend my country for Overlanding if any of you have the chance!

The car is a 1993 FJ80 Japaneese Version, Carburator, Double Tank, Stick shift, 350,000KM, and 2,000KM since engine was repared.

My experience, well, I've always been a "car camper/ Overlander" hearted person, but now a days Im starting to do it more and decided to go serious on it! Not the most experienced but I try my best.

Stefano Rota
Hello Stefano, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everybody!

Stefano Rota
Welcome to Overland Bound Stefano
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: willorge and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

-Forrest
Welcome to Overland Bound Forrest
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

2) Utah/Wasatch Front
Welcome to Overland Bound Kent (great name by the way)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew. (another Avalanche owner)
The closest Member Representatives to you are @
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

Blackclover

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Roe
Good morning all,

Thanks for letting me be apart of your Community. My name is Brian, I’m located on Bainbridge Island, WA and I drive a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and have very little overland experience but I am looking forward to learning! Currently I just started planning/building upgrades. I just finished a DIY drawer system that I’ll share soon. EABACFD6-3BBD-4857-A51C-F982DC65698A.jpeg

m.oconnor7

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
OConnor
Good morning everyone,
We just moved down to Florida from Washington and already missing the mountains. We have a 2019 Sprinter 170 4x4.
As far as overlanding experience, I'd say I'm a beginner. We have done small trail runs, lasting a couple days, but nothing crazy.
With that said, we have done loads of road traveling, getting into national forests to camp, hike and explore.
Looking forward to learning more about overlanding on here!5B89C4DE-8F09-46A7-99EA-CF30C273964F_1_201_a.jpeg

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Good morning everyone,
We just moved down to Florida from Washington and already missing the mountains. We have a 2019 Sprinter 170 4x4.
As far as overlanding experience, I'd say I'm a beginner. We have done small trail runs, lasting a couple days, but nothing crazy.
With that said, we have done loads of road traveling, getting into national forests to camp, hike and explore.
Looking forward to learning more about overlanding on here!View attachment 210027
Welcome to the crew! That looks like a great setup.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good morning all,

Thanks for letting me be apart of your Community. My name is Brian, I’m located on Bainbridge Island, WA and I drive a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and have very little overland experience but I am looking forward to learning! Currently I just started planning/building upgrades. I just finished a DIY drawer system that I’ll share soon. View attachment 210025
Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good morning everyone,
Looking forward to learning more about overlanding on here!View attachment 210027
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound.