Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys. Excited to join. My name is Dan. I’m in New England. Building up a gx460. It’s currently on 2 inch dobinsons, Prinsu rack, trd pro wheels, bfg KO2s. Next is sliders, then prob drawers. Looking forward to learning from the group
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just getting into the Overlanding world excited to get out there more! I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma that I'm slowly working on gearing out as I gain experience.

I'm in the Seattle area for now, would love any and all connections/suggestions for awesome beginner places to go explore! I'm also huge on Mt. Biking, so combining the two is the ultimate goal.

Happy to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just received my member kit and truly impressed on how fast it got here and the overall quality. This package far exceeded my expectations, thank you!

Now to figure out where my medallions go :D
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone
Just joined up glad to be part of the group. Running a 2008 Jeep JKU, Unlimited X, many mods done, it's been a work vehicle for me from the Northwest Territories to the Canada/US border so it's seen its fair share of Western Canada, I work in the Canadian Oilfield so lots of time spent in the backcountry. I guess I have been overlanding for many years(Just didn't know the name LOL)
Working where I do you have to be extremely self sufficient as you are out alone scouting very remote locations with Zero communications available.
View attachment 209923
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Montana Carl

Davidln1

Rank III

Educator I

Marissa, St. Clair County, Illinois, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Nellis
Member #

Service Branch
ARNG, EMS, Police
Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relatively new to overlanding. I started building my rig—the CranBeast, a 2010 GX 460—in October of last year and we just returned from our first big trip to Colorado. We learned a ton and one of our favorite aspects of the trip was all the great people we met in the hobby from all over the place.

I’m also new to ham radio and my call is k5sbc.

We’re based in St. Louis, MO.

Sam

View attachment 209922
Welcome to Overland Bound Sam
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514
If you are in the Rocky Mountain Region @Neal A. Tew is the Regional Director

Davidln1

Rank III

Educator I

Marissa, St. Clair County, Illinois, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Nellis
Member #

Service Branch
ARNG, EMS, Police
Hello, I'm Levi, I'm new to overlanding but so much to camping. I started working on my build which is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU. Looking forward to learning more.
Welcome to Overland Bound Levi
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it!

Rogue1

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Newell County, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Nicholson
Member #

Hello Everyone
Just joined up glad to be part of the group. Running a 2008 Jeep JKU, Unlimited X, many mods done, it's been a work vehicle for me from the Northwest Territories to the Canada/US border so it's seen its fair share of Western Canada, I work in the Canadian Oilfield so lots of time spent in the backcountry. I guess I have been overlanding for many years(Just didn't know the name LOL)
Working where I do you have to be extremely self sufficient as you are out alone scouting very remote locations with Zero communications available.
View attachment 209923
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Montana Carl
Thx for the information! I’ll go check it out.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relatively new to overlanding. I started building my rig—the CranBeast, a 2010 GX 460—in October of last year and we just returned from our first big trip to Colorado. We learned a ton and one of our favorite aspects of the trip was all the great people we met in the hobby from all over the place.

I’m also new to ham radio and my call is k5sbc.

We’re based in St. Louis, MO.

Sam

View attachment 209922
Hello Sam, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone
View attachment 209923
Hello Cameron, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just getting into the Overlanding world excited to get out there more! I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma that I'm slowly working on gearing out as I gain experience.

I'm in the Seattle area for now, would love any and all connections/suggestions for awesome beginner places to go explore! I'm also huge on Mt. Biking, so combining the two is the ultimate goal.

Happy to be here!
Hello Brent, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi guys. Excited to join. My name is Dan. I’m in New England. Building up a gx460. It’s currently on 2 inch dobinsons, Prinsu rack, trd pro wheels, bfg KO2s. Next is sliders, then prob drawers. Looking forward to learning from the group
Hello Dan, welcome to the OB family.

kentrik

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Christensen
Looks like this place is growing more every day! Hi, I'm Kent. I am from one of the greatest states in the US when it comes to overlanding - so much of this place is rife with 4x4 trails and places to just get out at!

1) (This spot reserved for uploading a picture when I put some on my PC)
2) Utah/Wasatch Front
3) 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT2
4) Absolute novice - I've been camping all my life (BSA represent - where my fellow Eagles at?), but never was able to do much with the exploring/adventure aspect of it, aside from doing some backpacking 100 lbs. ago, haha. But with age, injury, and weight (and desk jobs), it's not as easy to do that as it once was. There's only so much gear for family camping that fits into a Forester (or any other Subaru for that matter), and sometimes you need a truck for truck stuff, so the Avalanche that I bought from a buddy is kind of the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, the Av didn't quite get the support that other vehicles got, but I am looking to make it work out anyway.

WarpedKodiak667

Rank I

Member I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
First Name
Coatney
Last Name
Cunningham
Member #

Service Branch
Civ contractor/ tow
Ok... *sets up soap box*

"I'm on a quest....* nope, nope.. too cheesey*

Name's Kodiak.. on paper I live in Beaverton, OR and when I'm home.... I run with the dysfunctional misfits of the PDX overland crew... most of which run with Frontier Overland too..

I own a 2016 Jeep cherokee Trailhawk.. her name is the Heathen_hawk but when I'm on the trail... I tend to go with the Moniker.....of Super Fiat!!(da duh duh duhhhh)

I talk a lot of crap with my friends...that's half the fun. I enjoy proving people wrong about how capable my lil jeep is...

Life has happened.. wife and I left Oregon last april to drive for Panther as expediters.. 3 months later she was taken by Pancreatic cancer...since then ive been in a flux.. my jeep lives with my folks in Fayettenam, NC... I drive a truck OTR and i still maintain my residence in Oregon... I don't really "Live" anywhere...

I joined this group because I really am on a quest of sorts.. to build a full-time overlanding rig. I've got my sights set on purchasing a Ram Powerwagon around the end of the year and I was just looking for local groups to learn wheeling a full size truck.. aside from some baja driving I did with my work truck in Iraq way back when I was a contractor... my only experience with overlanding and wheeling was my 97 TJ when I was in college, my 90 XJ and recently my 16 KL.. I drove a tow truck in Portland, OR for 5 years... so im not afraid of winches *and whips and chains excite me* ‍♂...

I'm just looking for a group of people to fit in with while i try and build this rig. When I'm home I'm View attachment 209653View attachment 209654View attachment 209655View attachment 209656usually at the beach in my jeep. Parked away from everyone else at ft fisher access.
Welcome from Oklahoma Kodiak! That’s one heck of an introduction. I’m so sorry to read about your wife. I hope you find a fun group of misfits to run and learn with locally. There are lots of us it shouldn’t be too difficult lol.
Thanks, i appreciate it. Good to know people are looking.. i belong to a few boards and i may as well be talking to myself for all the attention i get sometimes.. cheers

WarpedKodiak667

Rank I

Member I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
First Name
Coatney
Last Name
Cunningham
Member #

Service Branch
Civ contractor/ tow
Thank y
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative when you are in the PDX area. John hosts a monthly meetup on the first Wednesday of each month.

Since you are on the road so much, I would highly recommend @Sandpoint Steve monthly Inland Northwest Conference Call on the 3rd Sunday of each month. It’s a great place for new and old Overlanders to ask questions and learn more about Overlanding.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thank you for the crash course.. ill be referring to it frequently... cheers