First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Well Howdy!

I mostly joined Overland Bound for the cool metal badge, and to learn where they got those stickers featured on the Zarges website.

I overland, but largely I overland to facilitate my scuba and surfing Hobbies. I'm always tweaking a rig to be the ultimate dive truck that is a competent overlander.

I'm a software engineer currently working on autonomous rockets that deliver sats to low earth orbit.

I'm generally dissatisfied with the state of products in the overlanding industry, and I keep trying to steal time from mechanical engineers to make it better.
I'm here to connect, to relax, and just maybe improve the state of our toys: For instance, how are RSI SmartCap owners satisfied with those crappy compression latches? 6 of them? With the most hackable key ever...never mind- I digress, but maybe I can solve it with a kick starter. Anyway, it'd be cool to connect with builders, mechanical engineers and see if we can't improve things a bit.

Pleased to be here.
Hello Cyber and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Well Howdy!

I mostly joined Overland Bound for the cool metal badge, and to learn where they got those stickers featured on the Zarges website.

I overland, but largely I overland to facilitate my scuba and surfing Hobbies. I'm always tweaking a rig to be the ultimate dive truck that is a competent overlander.

I'm a software engineer currently working on autonomous rockets that deliver sats to low earth orbit.

I'm generally dissatisfied with the state of products in the overlanding industry, and I keep trying to steal time from mechanical engineers to make it better.
I'm here to connect, to relax, and just maybe improve the state of our toys: For instance, how are RSI SmartCap owners satisfied with those crappy compression latches? 6 of them? With the most hackable key ever...never mind- I digress, but maybe I can solve it with a kick starter. Anyway, it'd be cool to connect with builders, mechanical engineers and see if we can't improve things a bit.

Pleased to be here.
Hello Cyber, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Ok... *sets up soap box*

"I'm on a quest....* nope, nope.. too cheesey*

Name's Kodiak.. on paper I live in Beaverton, OR and when I'm home.... I run with the dysfunctional misfits of the PDX overland crew... most of which run with Frontier Overland too..

I own a 2016 Jeep cherokee Trailhawk.. her name is the Heathen_hawk but when I'm on the trail... I tend to go with the Moniker.....of Super Fiat!!(da duh duh duhhhh)

I talk a lot of crap with my friends...that's half the fun. I enjoy proving people wrong about how capable my lil jeep is...

Life has happened.. wife and I left Oregon last april to drive for Panther as expediters.. 3 months later she was taken by Pancreatic cancer...since then ive been in a flux.. my jeep lives with my folks in Fayettenam, NC... I drive a truck OTR and i still maintain my residence in Oregon... I don't really "Live" anywhere...

I joined this group because I really am on a quest of sorts.. to build a full-time overlanding rig. I've got my sights set on purchasing a Ram Powerwagon around the end of the year and I was just looking for local groups to learn wheeling a full size truck.. aside from some baja driving I did with my work truck in Iraq way back when I was a contractor... my only experience with overlanding and wheeling was my 97 TJ when I was in college, my 90 XJ and recently my 16 KL.. I drove a tow truck in Portland, OR for 5 years... so im not afraid of winches *and whips and chains excite me* ‍♂...

I'm just looking for a group of people to fit in with while i try and build this rig. When I'm home I'm View attachment 209653View attachment 209654View attachment 209655View attachment 209656usually at the beach in my jeep. Parked away from everyone else at ft fisher access.
Frontier Overland is great! Brent is the best.

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

@Sandpoint Steve has a monthly conference call, US Northwest - Inland Northwest Monthly Conferance Call - Planning / Leading your first trip

@reaver, @David C Gibbs, @J&V_Bird and @GHCOE might also know of some local groups out doing things.

Lastly go check into the Northwest Regional Roll Call, you will get a lot more responses from members close to you there.
[URL unfurl= "true"]NorthWest Region Roll Call![/URL]

One more thing, I see you don’t have a paid membership, you might not be seeing much activity due to this.
Thanks, I’ll check it out
Thanks for the shout out. We rolled to Hagerman, 1000 Springs, to soak at Miracle Hot Springs for an hour. Here is a little COVID news: There is a new owner of the Snake River Grill in Hagerman.
David
Hello.
We have been pretty busy with life and not been on here much but I/we are always looking for friends to get out of the city with.
We are in Twin Falls.

Look forward to getting to know you and hopefully hitting some trails or just meet and greets threw the winter.

Krycol08

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Krystle
Last Name
Cahill
Member #

Welcome! I'm unfortunately a jeeper so not much to offer in terms of recs. But cant wait to see what you build!

Hello All...I'm a new member as of today. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos the last several months and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have not bought a vehicle yet, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get. I'm not sure if we want a lite slide in camper or just a camper top or if we want to pull a small lite weight trailer that's built for over-landing. I am open to hear suggestions. We live in the Travelers Rest, SC area and we love the mountains. Next year sometime we want to travel out west to do some beginner type over-landing, camping and fishing in Montana and Colorado. I'll be traveling with my wife, I think she's looking forward to this next adventure. Thank You in advance for any recommendations on any type trucks, any information would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
R Coker

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello.
We have been pretty busy with life and not been on here much but I/we are always looking for friends to get out of the city with.
We are in Twin Falls.

Look forward to getting to know you and hopefully hitting some trails or just meet and greets threw the winter.
Sorry I missed you when you were traveling through earlier this year. How have things been?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well Howdy!

Pleased to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Shahn

kwbales

Rank II

Contributor III

Benicia, California, United States
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Bales
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ai6zx
Well Howdy!

Pleased to be here.
Welcome to the group, from another SF based member :)

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hey everyone, My name is Jeromy. New to overlanding but have been camping since childhood and seriously since 2015. We get out about once a month to do something fun away from the city.

After being unable to find camping spots at some 14'ers lately, we decided to find something we can disperse camp with better and jumped in to the GX club and picked up this '08 GX470 this summer. It's still setup for a Starbucks run but we're loving it and can't wait to start the mods.
  • Oklahoma City
  • 2008 Lexus GX470
  • Experienced hiker, backpacker, car camper but overlanding novice
Welcome Jeromy, that GX is a great platform for an overland rig. Please keep us posted with pics of your build as it evolves! Happy trails.

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Greetings!
I'm Bob from St. George Utah.
I have a 2006 Ford F-150 ... stock right now.
Used to take day trips and some weekend camping in Northern Nevada ... but that was awhile ago.
I'm looking forward to the interaction and information on this forum.
Thanks!
Hi Bob, welcome to Overland Bound! I think you'll find good people and all the information you're looking for here.

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hi All,

I’m Steve.

Rig: 2014 Rubicon X on Yokohama 35’s
Experience: Novice, I guess? I’ve been hiking and camping since I can remember, but I sold the pop-up trailer and traded it in for the Rubicon!! Time to really get out there!!

Heres to seeing everyone on the trails!! Be safe out there!!
Welcome to Overland Bound, Steve!

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hey, an official checkin

Have been on T4R.org, EXPO, and MUD for years, mostly reading and dreaming

Our getaway car is a 16' 4Runner, hoping for more inspirations.

Chris
Welcome, Chris! Hopefully you'll find the inspiration you're looking for here. Overland Bound is a great community with a plethora of knowledge.

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hello
1985 FJ60 (project) & 2013 Wrangler.
New to Southern California from Northern New Mexico
Camped and wheeled since a young kid but not sure if that counts as overlanding experience. Excited to be here!
Welcome to the OB family, Robert.

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Welcome to the OB family, Bobby!

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hi everyone! Long time outdoorsman just getting into this exciting world of overlanding. I’m mainly getting into this so I can escape the monotony of city life in Los Angeles and enjoy some peace in the wilderness with my two kids with relative ease compared to the backpacking I’m used to.

I look forward to meet you all in the future!

I currently run a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado z71.
Welcome to the Overland Bound family!

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Well Howdy!

Pleased to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Welcome Bobby

VeteranDan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska, USA
First Name
November
Last Name
Echo21
Member #

Service Branch
USCG 47' MLB Pilot
New member here. Located in Nebraska and ready to get back into overloading here in the midwest and Rocky Mountains. Im looking for new groups to ride with and bring my family along with as well.

Rigs: 2021 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro / 2018 Can-Am Defender XMR HD10

Experience: Moderate