Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Ok... *sets up soap box*

"I'm on a quest....* nope, nope.. too cheesey*

Name's Kodiak.. on paper I live in Beaverton, OR and when I'm home.... I run with the dysfunctional misfits of the PDX overland crew... most of which run with Frontier Overland too..

I own a 2016 Jeep cherokee Trailhawk.. her name is the Heathen_hawk but when I'm on the trail... I tend to go with the Moniker.....of Super Fiat!!(da duh duh duhhhh)

I talk a lot of crap with my friends...that's half the fun. I enjoy proving people wrong about how capable my lil jeep is...

Life has happened.. wife and I left Oregon last april to drive for Panther as expediters.. 3 months later she was taken by Pancreatic cancer...since then ive been in a flux.. my jeep lives with my folks in Fayettenam, NC... I drive a truck OTR and i still maintain my residence in Oregon... I don't really "Live" anywhere...

I joined this group because I really am on a quest of sorts.. to build a full-time overlanding rig. I've got my sights set on purchasing a Ram Powerwagon around the end of the year and I was just looking for local groups to learn wheeling a full size truck.. aside from some baja driving I did with my work truck in Iraq way back when I was a contractor... my only experience with overlanding and wheeling was my 97 TJ when I was in college, my 90 XJ and recently my 16 KL.. I drove a tow truck in Portland, OR for 5 years... so im not afraid of winches *and whips and chains excite me* ‍♂...

I'm just looking for a group of people to fit in with while i try and build this rig. When I'm home I'm View attachment 209653View attachment 209654View attachment 209655View attachment 209656usually at the beach in my jeep. Parked away from everyone else at ft fisher access.
Hello Kodiak, welcome to Overland Bound. Sorry about your wife.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Great to discover the group.my wife and I love to back ro ad and explore. We had a 99 disco up until last year when we decided to get in a new 2020 4Runner ORP. We have made several trips into the mountains and 4 trips with another coming up in Utah, Moab area. We are considering a drive to the Bahia this winter and that is how I found this group.I hope we can meet folks, get and give great advice and perhaps meet up with wayward travelers! Cheers!
Hello Keith, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Ahoward2k

Rank VI

Advocate I

Helena, Alabama, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired
Ok... *sets up soap box*

Name's Kodiak.. on paper I live in Beaverton, OR and when I'm home.... I run with the dysfunctional misfits of the PDX overland crew... most of which run with Frontier Overland too..

I own a 2016 Jeep cherokee Trailhawk.. her name is the Heathen_hawk but when I'm on the trail... I tend to go with the Moniker.....of Super Fiat!!(da duh duh duhhhh)

I talk a lot of crap with my friends...that's half the fun. I enjoy proving people wrong about how capable my lil jeep is...

Life has happened.. wife and I left Oregon last april to drive for Panther as expediters.. 3 months later she was taken by Pancreatic cancer...since then ive been in a flux.. my jeep lives with my folks in Fayettenam, NC... I drive a truck OTR and i still maintain my residence in Oregon... I don't really "Live" anywhere...

I joined this group because I really am on a quest of sorts.. to build a full-time overlanding rig. I've got my sights set on purchasing a Ram Powerwagon around the end of the year and I was just looking for local groups to learn wheeling a full size truck.. aside from some baja driving I did with my work truck in Iraq way back when I was a contractor... my only experience with overlanding and wheeling was my 97 TJ when I was in college, my 90 XJ and recently my 16 KL.. I drove a tow truck in Portland, OR for 5 years... so im not afraid of winches *and whips and chains excite me* ‍♂...

I'm just looking for a group of people to fit in with while i try and build this rig. When I'm home I'm View attachment 209653View attachment 209654View attachment 209655View attachment 209656usually at the beach in my jeep. Parked away from everyone else at ft fisher access.
Welcome from Texas and I am sorry to hear about your wife.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Great to discover the group.my wife and I love to back ro ad and explore. We had a 99 disco up until last year when we decided to get in a new 2020 4Runner ORP. We have made several trips into the mountains and 4 trips with another coming up in Utah, Moab area. We are considering a drive to the Bahia this winter and that is how I found this group.I hope we can meet folks, get and give great advice and perhaps meet up with wayward travelers! Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @WyOverland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ok... *sets up soap box*

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out our Full Time Member Representatives that can help you get started are @Magic Mike and @Kelly both are full time on the road.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Ok... *sets up soap box*

Hello Kodiak and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Keith and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Hey man, I’m new to it a bit too. Looking to get out more as well. I got a 02 F250 that took me from Vegas to Ensenada/La Paz a few times with a race team. Looking to get into OR more. If you’re ever in need of anything or anyone to go roam with I’ll give it a shot. I’m in Vancouver, WA a bit north but not crazy. I go to Central OR a bunch, Madras too.
When heading over to southern Oregon (Madrass) look up @Big G, he is the member rep down that way.
Will do! Anyone down in Burns, OR or around that area into N Nevada?

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Ok... *sets up soap box*

Hello Kodiak, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Keith, welcome to the OB family.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@2RiversRanchExpeditions is located in Dayville, Oregon has done private tours through their ranch and surrounding area in the past. We have a few members further south in Burns and down into Nevada, it’s best to use the member map and send out a message to those in the area to see who’s active and down for a meet.

firemen7

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
McLaren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EBY
Service Branch
Firefighter/Paramedi
Ok... *sets up soap box*

Welcome to the best group to get the equipment ideas, vehicle type and locations you are seeking. This group will not disappoint you .

Cheers!

firemen7

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
McLaren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EBY
Service Branch
Firefighter/Paramedi
Welcome to the club, We are looking forward to the postings of your adventures.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

@2RiversRanchExpeditions is located in Dayville, Oregon has done private tours through their ranch and surrounding area in the past. We have a few members further south in Burns and down into Nevada, it’s best to use the member map and send out a message to those in the area to see who’s active and down for a meet.
Awesome! Will check that out now! Thank you

TheCyberLander

Rank II

Contributor III

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Cyber
Last Name
Lander
Member #

Well Howdy!

I mostly joined Overland Bound for the cool metal badge, and to learn where they got those stickers featured on the Zarges website.

I overland, but largely I overland to facilitate my scuba and surfing Hobbies. I'm always tweaking a rig to be the ultimate dive truck that is a competent overlander.

I'm a software engineer currently working on autonomous rockets that deliver sats to low earth orbit.

I'm generally dissatisfied with the state of products in the overlanding industry, and I keep trying to steal time from mechanical engineers to make it better.
I'm here to connect, to relax, and just maybe improve the state of our toys: For instance, how are RSI SmartCap owners satisfied with those crappy compression latches? 6 of them? With the most hackable key ever...never mind- I digress, but maybe I can solve it with a kick starter. Anyway, it'd be cool to connect with builders, mechanical engineers and see if we can't improve things a bit.

Pleased to be here.

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hi folks!

I originally joined last year but never got around to introducing myself. I'm UK based and currently working on my latest rig a Range Rover L322 which already looks a bit different to the pic below, I'm also renovating a house to rent out to help fund my next chapter of mobile life. I'm an Executive Officer for the Green Lane Association so I spend a lot of my time exploring and helping to protect the UK's network of unsurfaced roads.

View attachment 208237
Welcome, Lauren!!

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Well Howdy!

I mostly joined Overland Bound for the cool metal badge, and to learn where they got those stickers featured on the Zarges website.

I overland, but largely I overland to facilitate my scuba and surfing Hobbies. I'm always tweaking a rig to be the ultimate dive truck that is a competent overlander.

I'm a software engineer currently working on autonomous rockets that deliver sats to low earth orbit.

I'm generally dissatisfied with the state of products in the overlanding industry, and I keep trying to steal time from mechanical engineers to make it better.
I'm here to connect, to relax, and just maybe improve the state of our toys: For instance, how are RSI SmartCap owners satisfied with those crappy compression latches? 6 of them? With the most hackable key ever...never mind- I digress, but maybe I can solve it with a kick starter. Anyway, it'd be cool to connect with builders, mechanical engineers and see if we can't improve things a bit.

Pleased to be here.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Hopefully you'll get that time with engineers, we're always looking for the lightest, efficient , ergonomic and rugged gear to break! lol

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Well Howdy!

Pleased to be here.
Hello Cyber and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Well Howdy!

Pleased to be here.
Hello Cyber, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R