Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Tennessee, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
ODell
Member #

TnOutdoors here. I live in East TN just outside the Great Smokey Mountians. Adventure is necessary for sure. Love all things outdoors. Hunting, overlanding fishing…….. you name it. Current rig is 2016 4runner SR5 Premium. Lifted and the next mod is rock sliders. It’s my daily driver so I can’t get too crazy. Looking forward to meeting some of you !!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
TnOutdoors here. I live in East TN just outside the Great Smokey Mountians. Adventure is necessary for sure. Love all things outdoors. Hunting, overlanding fishing…….. you name it. Current rig is 2016 4runner SR5 Premium. Lifted and the next mod is rock sliders. It’s my daily driver so I can’t get too crazy. Looking forward to meeting some of you !!
Hello Adam, welcome to Overland Bound.

ArcticTex

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Frisco, TX
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Welcome! I miss East Tenn. Love the Hiawassee and Ocoee rivers there. Sliders were my first mod, then tires and lift. Sliders saved me a few times as my thoughts are also “I have to drive this to work on Monday”

TNoutdoors

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Tennessee, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
ODell
Member #

Welcome! I miss East Tenn. Love the Hiawassee and Ocoee rivers there. Sliders were my first mod, then tires and lift. Sliders saved me a few times as my thoughts are also “I have to drive this to work on Monday”
I did the lift first because I needed struts anyway but sliders will be next for sure. Totally get the “I have to drive this to work” thing. I drive about 40000 miles a year for work so I can’t get too aggressive with the trails.

I’ve lived in East TN all my life and I love this area. Trails can get narrow at times but some of the off the path places are as close to heaven on earth as you can get. Let me know if you get back this way. Would love to meet up sometime.

zoolkhan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Torro, Torrontie, Tammela, Finland
First Name
Timo
Last Name
silvan
Ham/GMRS Callsign
OH8XAT
Hello Ladies and their protectors... i am the new guy - this is my 20 year old rustbucket:
1625934746458.png

It is a 2001 "3rd gen" mitzubishi pajero(montero) 3.4TDI - automatic, with forward, rear, and center locks a somewhat weak winch in the front, rear seats ripped out and turned into a bedroom.
It is also a complete VHF/HF mobile ham-radio command center. I am prepped for zombies, or little green men... whichever comes first :-)
As i live in the arctic, we have 4 real seasons, of which 3 benefit strongly from a proper 4x4 setup, my house is in the forest after all - no paved roads here.
(autumn= mud / winter = snow / spring =mud)

1625934353843.png
1625934316267.png
and i live here:
1625934405378.png
ok, wait... let me find a better picture:
1625934487381.png
Still not clear.. ok ok... hold on a sec....
1625934594007.png
There you go ;-)

I am happy to connect to anyone who cares, but especially 4x4 folks in scandinavia -because i would love to meet up, go on trail together or just exchange ideas.

Also i am owner of the "Big" ham-radio ticket, give me a shout if that tickles some fancy :-)

I hope i did not spam too many pixels into this post....
73 / best regards from santa-claus land.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey y’all! New to the overland game, but verryyy excited to go on my first overnight soon.
I’m in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Right now I’ve got a 2002 z71 and a 1992 Jeep XJ. Looking to offload those next year and get into a GX.
looking Forward to learn from y’all!
Hello JohnMarc, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Dawson99

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Adam, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Ladies and their protectors... i am the new guy - this is my 20 year old rustbucket:
View attachment 203854

It is a 2001 "3rd gen" mitzubishi pajero(montero) 3.4TDI - automatic, with forward, rear, and center locks a somewhat weak winch in the front, rear seats ripped out and turned into a bedroom.
It is also a complete VHF/HF mobile ham-radio command center. I am prepped for zombies, or little green men... whichever comes first :-)
As i live in the arctic, we have 4 real seasons, of which 3 benefit strongly from a proper 4x4 setup, my house is in the forest after all - no paved roads here.

View attachment 203850
View attachment 203849
and i live here:
View attachment 203851
View attachment 203852
View attachment 203853
There you go ;-)

I am happy to connect to anyone who cares, but especially 4x4 folks in scandinavia -because i would love to meet up, go on trail together or just exchange ideas.

Also i am owner of the "Big" ham-radio ticket, give me a shout if that tickles some fancy :-)

Hello Timo, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 203854

View attachment 203850
View attachment 203849
and i live here:
View attachment 203851
View attachment 203852
View attachment 203853
There you go ;-)

Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @WalkaboutKiwi
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative in TN is @Hank Outdoors
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Reactions: TNoutdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I'm Storm!
I trek with a lifted 2003 Subaru Baja
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you in TN is @Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone !
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Jonathan Wall
Raliegh NC
Experience: Novice
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
@NC-Trooper is the closest Member Representative to you for local help