Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Actually, I need your help guys for what is the best place to buy new vehicle in the United state and how to avoid mistakes
As someone else mentioned, find a dealership that has a solid reputation (read the reviews or friend referral). DO your research prior to visiting though, know what you want, and the specs/features. Tell them the price you want to pay as a whole and stick to that, if your offer is reasonable and they don't take it, go somewhere else, walk away!

If you are not paying cash up front and need to finance with a loan, then my personal opinion is don't go down the path of "what monthly payment" do you want question. If you tell them a specific monthly payment you want instead of a total price you'll be amazed how easily they can add a few thousands dollars to the total price and your monthly payment won't go up much but the dealership will make extra money in the deal, try to stick to a total price and not monthly payment price.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Actually, I need your help guys for what is the best place to buy new vehicle in the United state and how to avoid mistakes
First rule in buying a vehicle is: Cash Is King. Second know what you are looking to buy before going to the lot and do your research on both the vehicle of choice as well as the selling party.

Richard Rawlings did a great video a few weeks back about buying a new vehicle for first timers.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, new to the group! Located in MD, '21 Jeep JTR Diesel. Been a Jeep fan for a while, but new to Overland!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
You should ask this question in the general info or rig section of the forum to get more traction

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m Wyatt, just came across this app and getting familiar with everything offered. I live in Grand Prairie, Tx by Joe Pool Lake. Currently trying to get some vacation time from work to head to the overland Expo West in Colorado. I own a 2015 Tacoma and just purchased my first rooftop tent and very interested in learning more and experiencing over landing.

Wyatt
Welcome to Overland Bound Wyatt
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
@trail_runn4r is the Member Rep in the Denver area and has a Rally Point for Overland Expo Mountain West
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Jared! Just moved back to Chico after living in Denver for the last 5 years. Hoping to meet some fellow overlanders nearby and get out on some adventures!

- Rig: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- Overlanding Experience Background: Probably went on about a dozen or so trips throughout the CO rocky mountains over the last 5 years

View attachment 203582
Welcome to Overland Bound Jared
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning legends, Shawn here from Santa Cruz California.
Currently, I'm running a 2002 F150 Supercrew FX4. No lift or any fancy mods. 285/70/17 tire, w/ a Volant CAI.
Also traveling w/ a homebuilt/designed off-road teardrop trailer
I've been 4wheeling since I could steer! Started w/ a little go-cart and haven't stopped since. 30+ years.
Welcome to Overland Bound Shawn
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Matheson
Service Branch
US Army
Hi. I am slowly getting more into overlanding. I have a 2014 LR4 with the HD package.
My interest was sparked by a visit to the 2014 Overland Expo, however opportunities
have been limited until now. Life happens ;-). My current modifications are a Front Runner
short rack (wanted the sun roof unobstructed) , Johnson control rods, and a set of 18 inch Compomotive
wheels with Cooper ST/MAXX LT265/65R18 tires. Next on the list is a Tactical 4x4 rear bumper with
tire carrier, protection underneath, a new front bumper with winch.

Looking forward to learning from everyone.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi. I am slowly getting more into overlanding. I have a 2014 LR4 with the HD package.
My interest was sparked by a visit to the 2014 Overland Expo, however opportunities
have been limited until now. Life happens ;-). My current modifications are a Front Runner
short rack (wanted the sun roof unobstructed) , Johnson control rods, and a set of 18 inch Compomotive
wheels with Cooper ST/MAXX LT265/65R18 tires. Next on the list is a Tactical 4x4 rear bumper with

Hello Dan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; https://www.facebook.com/groups/overlandboundrockymountain/
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Welcome to the community Dan! I'm on the Southwest side of Fort Collins. We are always doing runs all around Colorado to learn our rigs and our skills better and we have a number of longerish trips coming up as well as many to come. What's your comfort level currently? Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or need help wrenching on that lr4 !

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome Dan! Looks like your build is coming along nicely, can’t wait to see that LR4 in action!

hollywood

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Selwood
Hi my name is Jacob, I live just outside Millville NJ. I've been into off roading my whole life mostly older trucks or jeeps. I'm finally convincing my wife to do some overlanding now that we have a brand new jeep gladiator that will be comfortable for longer trips. were looking to start on the Trans NJ Trail and expand from there with goals of doing the Trans America Trail.

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Welcome to the OB family Dan!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi my name is Jacob, I live just outside Millville NJ. I've been into off roading my whole life mostly older trucks or jeeps. I'm finally convincing my wife to do some overlanding now that we have a brand new jeep gladiator that will be comfortable for longer trips. were looking to start on the Trans NJ Trail and expand from there with goals of doing the Trans America Trail.
Hello and welcome to the OB family Jacob!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello Dan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Jacob, welcome to the OB family.

Member I

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Enoch
Last Name
Elwell
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm new to the "Overlanding" world, but have been an adventurer my entire life. We always take the back roads and dirt roads when we can, and have some great stories of the adventures that have followed... A few highlights are our honeymoon 10 yrs ago when we accidentally ended up going over a washed out pass in CO, and last summer when we took our 4 kids around the US with a popup camper.

I'm currently building up a collection of properly equipped vintage Land Rovers and Landcruisers to provide a unique driving and camping experience for people. I've got a lot to learn from all you pros here, and look forward to being an active member of this community!

Enoch208381A8-0893-464A-B13A-08B376EF1D56_1_105_c.jpeg7EF47F7C-AFD5-4636-8CCC-C294BE3580B4_1_105_c.jpeg