Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, my name is John but you can call me JJ. I am new to overlanding and plan on doing it full time. I am a retired veteran, U.S. Coast Guard, and decided to get away from it all and explore what this great county has to offer. I love to fish, fly fishing is my favorite, so recommendations on great spots are welcomed! I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no mods) and a ground tent. Figured I would get tips and tricks from experienced folks before I spend thousands of dollars on gear. I am travelling with my pug dog Wrigley and plan on leaving Indiana in a week or so and head west towards Yellowstone.
Hello JJ, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all, my name is John but you can call me JJ. I am new to overlanding and plan on doing it full time. I am a retired veteran, U.S. Coast Guard, and decided to get away from it all and explore what this great county has to offer. I love to fish, fly fishing is my favorite, so recommendations on great spots are welcomed! I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no mods) and a ground tent. Figured I would get tips and tricks from experienced folks before I spend thousands of dollars on gear. I am travelling with my pug dog Wrigley and plan on leaving Indiana in a week or so and head west towards Yellowstone.
Hello JJ, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

DToverlanding

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Damon
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Greetings from Utah! Damon and Tina here....we are excited about the adventures that lay before us and the opportunity to explore new and less-traveled paths. We have been working to outfit our truck and are going to be out on our first adventure this weekend in the Uinta wilderness of northern Utah.

2020 Tacoma

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings from Utah! Damon and Tina here....we are excited about the adventures that lay before us and the opportunity to explore new and less-traveled paths. We have been working to outfit our truck and are going to be out on our first adventure this weekend in the Uinta wilderness of northern Utah.

2020 Tacoma
Hello Damon and Tina, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello!

Jeremy and Tracie here. New members.
2014 FJ Cruiser
North Texas residents
We are new to overlanding, more just camping but would like to take longer trips. Happy to learn new things.

View attachment 203109
Hello Jeremy and Tracie (@ArcticTex), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas.
You've come to the right place to learn new things. Sounds like you are well on your way to having lots of great adventures. :grinning:

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

2020 Tacoma
Hello Damon and Tina, welcome to the OB family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Aloha from Utah!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

2020 Tacoma
Welcome to Overland Bound Damon and Tina
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

Jeremy and Tracie here. New members.
2014 FJ Cruiser
North Texas residents
We are new to overlanding, more just camping but would like to take longer trips. Happy to learn new things.

View attachment 203109
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeremy and Tracie
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66 and @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: ArcticTex