Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi! My name is Joanna. I am a registered nurse in an intensive care unit in NorCal. COVID and caring for COVID patients has changed me. I ditched my beautiful mom SUV and took the plunge to start investing in a lifestyle I have always found appealing…overlanding!!! I recently purchased a 2021 Tacoma and have started purchasing accessories after careful research. Little by little I want my adventure truck to be able to take me and/or my family to new places that we only wished we could see before. I have so much to learn and know this () much. Am always open to suggestions, ideas and like minded people! Xoxo
Hello Joana, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your hard work.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy!! Happy to be here.

I've been following OB on YouTube for quite some time (ever since member numbers were in the 4,000's).

I'm located in New Jersey.
I don't really have any overlanding experience, although I have camping experience (Eagle Scout!).
I used to own a Jeep Commander that was lifted and modified, but that's now gone, and I'm now behind the wheel of the 2020 Subaru Forester below.

Cheers to all!!!

View attachment 203017
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Evening everyone!

We have our trusty 1996 Lexus LX450 (80 series) as seen below, though now on 305/70/16 BFGoodrich KO2s which has made a huge difference, otherwise unmodified aside from some removing the side step and some low hanging bits of plastic. We've been exploring the old logging roads out here in the North Cascades and the Pacific Northwest in general for many years now, but only picked up the 80 in the last couple of years. Most of my experience has been either using the Lexus in the snow on backroads, or wheeling the family Wrangler LJ. I have driven the Rubicon and a number of our local trails especially in Tillamook, OR and Naches, WA.

We are looking to meet other overlanders so I can both push the rig and explore remote areas more safely - we camp year round and want nothing more than to go with a group for safety and better recovery options. Have my license for operating a GMRS radio, a full size spare, recovery strap but no winch yet. So far my recovery boards and a shovel have done the trick! Reach out if you're in the PNW and want to do some exploring, I'll be watching the meetups but still not sure how this group works.

See you on the trail!

-Niko & Britani

View attachment 203018
Hello Niko and Britani, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and thanks for the add. While I have a lot of Camping, RV/Motor homing and 4WD. As I enter retirement I am looking for my nest stage in life I would like to get back to travel and exploring. RIght now I am looking towards Building out a FMTV as a possible world explorer.
Hello Denis (@dbduchene), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Congratulations on the retirement. Sounds like you will truly enjoy it.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, my name is John but you can call me JJ. I am new to overlanding and plan on doing it full time. I am a retired veteran, U.S. Coast Guard, and decided to get away from it all and explore what this great county has to offer. I love to fish, fly fishing is my favorite, so recommendations on great spots are welcomed! I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no mods) and a ground tent. Figured I would get tips and tricks from experienced folks before I spend thousands of dollars on gear. I am travelling with my pug dog Wrigley and plan on leaving Indiana in a week or so and head west towards Yellowstone.
Hello JJ, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all, my name is John but you can call me JJ. I am new to overlanding and plan on doing it full time. I am a retired veteran, U.S. Coast Guard, and decided to get away from it all and explore what this great county has to offer. I love to fish, fly fishing is my favorite, so recommendations on great spots are welcomed! I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no mods) and a ground tent. Figured I would get tips and tricks from experienced folks before I spend thousands of dollars on gear. I am travelling with my pug dog Wrigley and plan on leaving Indiana in a week or so and head west towards Yellowstone.
Hello JJ, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

DToverlanding

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Damon
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Greetings from Utah! Damon and Tina here....we are excited about the adventures that lay before us and the opportunity to explore new and less-traveled paths. We have been working to outfit our truck and are going to be out on our first adventure this weekend in the Uinta wilderness of northern Utah.

2020 Tacoma

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings from Utah! Damon and Tina here....we are excited about the adventures that lay before us and the opportunity to explore new and less-traveled paths. We have been working to outfit our truck and are going to be out on our first adventure this weekend in the Uinta wilderness of northern Utah.

2020 Tacoma
Hello Damon and Tina, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello!

Jeremy and Tracie here. New members.
2014 FJ Cruiser
North Texas residents
We are new to overlanding, more just camping but would like to take longer trips. Happy to learn new things.

View attachment 203109
Hello Jeremy and Tracie (@ArcticTex), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas.
You've come to the right place to learn new things. Sounds like you are well on your way to having lots of great adventures. :grinning:

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

2020 Tacoma
Hello Damon and Tina, welcome to the OB family.