First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
Hello!

I have lived in Pomona, Ca for the last 20 years.
Current vehicle: 1999 GMC K2500 Suburban 7.4L
Have camped and traveled my whole life, used to do a lot of through hiking but health problems have had me double down on vehicle based travel.

Attachments

CRAZY1

Rank I

Contributor I

League City, TX, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Stevenson
Member #

Hello everyone,
Russell from League City, TX. I grew up in the outdoors, still love being outside. We enjoy hiking, biking, fishing etc. Currently we do not have any overlanding experience, joined because it's something that I am interested in doing. Love the idea of being off the beaten path and exploring what's out there. Do have some off road experience.
Current Rig is a 2021 Ford F-250. This truck is under construction and being built up to be my off-road toy. Full Carli Suspension on 37s is in the works with 4.30 gears. As of right now its outfitted with a Yakima Extreme Rack with Crossbars. One of the reasons for joining a forum is getting some good real advice on overlanding. It seems that if you watch Youtube, you would get the impression that you may need to invest your first born to get all the bells and whistles. Expedition Portal had a great suggestion from one of the posts, it says the most important thing is to get the basics and just GET OUT and do something. That is my goal. Looking forward to meeting some great people.

Fosters

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Florida, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Goldhawke
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4NTX
From east of the Rockies, long time reader first time posting…
Driving and building a 97 land cruiser
Riding and building a 2019 bmw Gs adventure

happy to be here from central Florida and looking to learn what I don’t know while behaving myself49641434-3CD7-434F-B6BA-4630B84D1EC6.jpeg
A126DBC0-4E6F-414C-8EF5-94EA2F884DAE.jpeg

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! My name is Sam and I recently move to Colorado Springs Colorado. I drive a new 2021 4Runner TRD Offroad. I am quite new to overlanding, but I have been camping/hiking/backpacking for years. Most of my time outdoors has been spent in Arkansas as I'm originally from northern Louisiana so I have a ton to learn about the mountains of Colorado, but I'm excited to start!
Hello Sam, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all I am in Colorado Springs Colorado. Currently have a 2019 Power wagon as my vehicle of choice and am pretty new to overloading as a hobby. But I have extensive experience living out of vehicles in remote parts of the world thanks to the army.

I enjoy camping and traveling via ATVs and motorcycles along trails here in Colorado and look forward to learning about whatever can make my travels more enjoyable.
Hello Ron, welcome to Overland Bound, thanks for your service!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,
Russell from League City, TX. I grew up in the outdoors, still love being outside. We enjoy hiking, biking, fishing etc. Currently we do not have any overlanding experience, joined because it's something that I am interested in doing. Love the idea of being off the beaten path and exploring what's out there. Do have some off road experience.
Current Rig is a 2021 Ford F-250. This truck is under construction and being built up to be my off-road toy. Full Carli Suspension on 37s is in the works with 4.30 gears. As of right now its outfitted with a Yakima Extreme Rack with Crossbars. One of the reasons for joining a forum is getting some good real advice on overlanding. It seems that if you watch Youtube, you would get the impression that you may need to invest your first born to get all the bells and whistles. Expedition Portal had a great suggestion from one of the posts, it says the most important thing is to get the basics and just GET OUT and do something. That is my goal. Looking forward to meeting some great people.
Hello Russell, welcome to Overland Bound. My 2cents, after you decide what type of overlanding you want to do, extreme or just FS roads, tires are number one upgrade, then recovery gear.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From east of the Rockies, long time reader first time posting…
Driving and building a 97 land cruiser
Riding and building a 2019 bmw Gs adventure

happy to be here from central Florida and looking to learn what I don’t know while behaving myself
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Fosters

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66 @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

I have lived in Pomona, Ca for the last 20 years.
Current vehicle: 1999 GMC K2500 Suburban 7.4L
Have camped and traveled my whole life, used to do a lot of through hiking but health problems have had me double down on vehicle based travel.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone - I am Mike. I live in the Bay Area in California. I am building a 2021 Land Rover Defender and I am new to Overlanding. Looking forward to being part of this awesome community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Reactions: eldefensor

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all I am in Colorado Springs Colorado. Currently have a 2019 Power wagon as my vehicle of choice and am pretty new to overloading as a hobby. But I have extensive experience living out of vehicles in remote parts of the world thanks to the army.

I enjoy camping and traveling via ATVs and motorcycles along trails here in Colorado and look forward to learning about whatever can make my travels more enjoyable.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is Sam and I recently move to Colorado Springs Colorado. I drive a new 2021 4Runner TRD Offroad. I am quite new to overlanding, but I have been camping/hiking/backpacking for years. Most of my time outdoors has been spent in Arkansas as I'm originally from northern Louisiana so I have a ton to learn about the mountains of Colorado, but I'm excited to start!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.

Reactions: Sam_Thrash1994

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. I’m from Page, AZ. I have an 08 fj and fixing up my M101 trailer.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there- Tracy here. Driving a 1999 GMC Suburban. New 23Zero roof tent today.
Welcome To Overland Bound Tracy
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,
Hello Russell (@CRAZY1), welcome from Georgetown. I'm you SW Region Member Rep for TX. You have a nice setup already. Great thing about OB is you don't have to have all the bells and whistles to enjoy the outside. There are lots of good people here with plenty of knowledge to share.

Since you are in the Southwest Region, check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or, to check out what other members are planning, you can go here: Overland Trip Planning.

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

nietz79

Rank I

Member I

Park City, UT, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Pelz
Member #

Hi Everyone,

John here
Park City, UT
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Overlanding NOVICE (thank you for your guidance in advance, wise ones)

Phase 0.5 of my rig build -- just added the RSI Smartcap on Tuesday. Will post pictures later. So excited to be here!