US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello all I am in Colorado Springs Colorado. Currently have a 2019 Power wagon as my vehicle of choice and am pretty new to overloading as a hobby. But I have extensive experience living out of vehicles in remote parts of the world thanks to the army.

I enjoy camping and traveling via ATVs and motorcycles along trails here in Colorado and look forward to learning about whatever can make my travels more enjoyable.
Welcome Ron! Love the Power Wagon!

Reactions: Kent R

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Sam and I recently move to Colorado Springs Colorado. I drive a new 2021 4Runner TRD Offroad. I am quite new to overlanding, but I have been camping/hiking/backpacking for years. Most of my time outdoors has been spent in Arkansas as I'm originally from northern Louisiana so I have a ton to learn about the mountains of Colorado, but I'm excited to start!
Welcome Sam! What color did you go with the 4Runner?

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Fosters @mdelzer @MoreGravelPlease , welcome from Oklahoma.
I see that you'll are hams. Hopefully you have found the OB communication section but if not please do: Overland Communications | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Also, OB has a weekly net on Friday evenings. If you don't have access to an Echolink or DMR repeater or one of the repeaters mentioned below feel free to use the Echolink app, many of us do. Here is a how to for the Echolink app in case you need it: Echolink App (Android) | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
When: 17:30 PST, 20:30 EST, 00:30 UTC

Where: Our net is graciously hosted by the Starlink White Mountain Repeater System group. Below is the current list of of nodes, hubs, repeaters, and links which get us on the air each Friday. For more information please visit their website at White Mountain Repeater Association .

Echolink
*STARLINK* Conference Node 357087

You may also connect through the following:
Allstar HUB Node 49842 Los Angeles, CA (Main Hub)
Allstar HUB Node 41050 Dallas, TX
Allstar HUB Node 49964 Atlanta, GA
Allstar HUB Node 49420 Los Angeles, CA
Allstar HUB Node 41120 Dallas, TX
Allstar HUB Node 49421 Atlanta, GA

DMR
DMR Reflector XLX830 Module (C) K4CEG
DMR Reflector XLX830 Module (D) AB5JK
Brandmeister DMR Bridge 3124829

Repeaters and Links:
KE6GVK 446.525 DPL 023 Saint Johns, AZ
KE6GVK 147.570 CLOSED Saint Johns, AZ
KE6GVK 223.420 PL 100.0 Saint Johns, AZ
K7RFX 145.550 PL 127.3 Tuscon, AZ
KJ7NWP 147.500 PL 127.3 Red Rock, AZ
KS6R 223.650 PL 156.7 Long Beach CA
K6SJG 443.800 PL 156.7 La Habra, CA
AB5JK 146.620 PL 100.0 Uvalde, TX
AB5JK 444.600 PL 162.2 Uvalde, TX

Live Streaming Audio: (Anyone may listen in)

White Mountain Repeater Association

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone my name is Mario I'm from the Katy area in Texas I recently got a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X and have fallen in love with overlanding I am still a novice so any recommendations or tip are welcomed I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Hello Mario (@JK_Virgin), welcome from Georgetown. Been to Katy a few times. There's lots of great people here with information to share.

I am the SW Region Member Rep for TX. Since you are in the Southwest Region, check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or, to check out what other members are planning, you can go here: Overland Trip Planning.

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey everyone - I am Mike. I live in the Bay Area in California. I am building a 2021 Land Rover Defender and I am new to Overlanding. Looking forward to being part of this awesome community.
Hi Mike, sounds like a great rig in the works! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.
This is the regular meet up info:
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

F32BC6FE-08FE-469A-B98A-34AE7E04BA90.jpeg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone my name is Mario I'm from the Katy area in Texas I recently got a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X and have fallen in love with overlanding I am still a novice so any recommendations or tip are welcomed I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Hello Mario, welcome to Overland Bound.

Sam_Thrash1994

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Thrash
Member #

Attachments

Kustom1957

Rank I

Contributor I

Arlington, Snohomish County, Washington, United States
First Name
Rennie
Last Name
Leach
Member #

I am brand new to Overland Bound and to overlanding, although played in the dirt most of my life, "mudding" in a 58 Willys wagon and racing dirt bikes in the Mojave and play riding into my 70th year. My name is Rennie Leach but my friends call me Doug.
I am anxious to start overlanding as a novice. My vehicle is a 2010 Jeep Liberty that I have been modifying mildly for overland travel. Enclose are a couple of photos. I live in the hills outside of Arlington, WA. I am looking forward to meeting others in O B.
Thanks

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I am brand new to Overland Bound and to overlanding, although played in the dirt most of my life, "mudding" in a 58 Willys wagon and racing dirt bikes in the Mojave and play riding into my 70th year. My name is Rennie Leach but my friends call me Doug.
I am anxious to start overlanding as a novice. My vehicle is a 2010 Jeep Liberty that I have been modifying mildly for overland travel. Enclose are a couple of photos. I live in the hills outside of Arlington, WA. I am looking forward to meeting others in O B.
Thanks

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound Doug
I hope you still have the Willys ;-)
As @M Rose said don't hesitate to get in touch with him or his representatives they are a wealth of knowledge in the NW.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thanks
Hello Doug, welcome to Overland Bound.