First Name
Adam
Last Name
McDevitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3MYO
Hello Overlanders!

My Name is Adam, KC3MYO and yep, I’m also into amateur radio. I’m located PA and I drive a 2013 Honda Pilot which is just getting broken in with 135,000 miles of fun! The All terrain tires and my VHF/UHF radio have gotten me in too.. and out off just about as much trouble as I can create!

I’m new to the OB world so I’d consider my self a novice. Currently, when I’m not playing radio, my newly formed family and I are shifting the focus of our travelers from destination based, to journey centered. Which means I’ll probably sell the tent I currently have in exchange for something more... mobile.. .

Until we meet on the trail, free to reach out and 73s!

Adam
Hello Adam, welcome to Overland Bound, a stove pipe in a tent?
Yep, you got it! Winter/hot tent camping is great. No bugs, overcrowded camp sites etc.

Check it out.

Reactions: freak4life

Teja

Rank IV

Traveler III

Fremont, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Teja
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OOX
Hello All,

This is Teja.

1. Fremont,CA
2. 1999 Lexus LX470 - bought it back in Feb which came with some modifications already done to it and added little touches to call it my own.
3. Experience - I’ve driven on some trails solo but nothing serious off-roading. I’m a beginner and new to overlanding.

Thanks and be safe!

Teja
Hello Teja, welcome to Overland Bound
Teja, you should remove your address in your bio, you never want to put your home address on the web.
Rich,

I didn’t know I had address entered in bio. I might have set to allow location when creating account. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for the like and nice to meet you!

scully

Rank 0

Contributor I

Portland, OR
First Name
Winston
Last Name
Scully
Hello everyone!

My fiancé Kim and I have been exploring the backcountry in our Toyota Prius for the past two years or so. She’s gotten us to a lot of great places, but we’ve finally upgraded our rig to a 2004 Land Cruiser.

We’re super excited, and ready to not be afraid of bottoming out on every bump

We’ve been documenting our trips for the past few months over on YouTube (https://youtube.com/channel/UC3WUDsw58yeRXhULbbsM30g)

Our LC is already semi-built, with a nice ARB bumper, 10k warn winch, OME lift & suspension, slee torsion bars and slee diff drop. We took her out for the first time last weekend to some trails on the Oregon coast. It felt great to be in a true Offroad rig.

Anyway, not sure why i never thought of hopping on here before but excited to meet some folks. Would love to meet up with some local Portland and/or Oregon folks who can show me the ropes of serious Offroad driving, because we are VERY novice! (Though the Prius did handle quite a bit)

Attachments

Dluenz

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Sheboygan, WI
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Luenzmann
Member #

Hello all! My name is Daniel and I’m from Sheboygan, WI. I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a few modifications and around 100,000 miles. It’s proven to be reliable and fun for my adventures so far. I have been overlanding for a while and grew up backcountry camping. I found overland bound on Instagram and have followed for a while (@inthelifeof_dan) and am excited to be a member finally!

I mainly camp in a ground tent and have done so all over the United States. I’ve also enjoyed land cruisers while abroad and will hopefully have one in the garage in the next few years!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone!

My fiancé Kim and I have been exploring the backcountry in our Toyota Prius for the past two years or so. She’s gotten us to a lot of great places, but we’ve finally upgraded our rig to a 2004 Land Cruiser.

We’ve been documenting our trips for the past few months over on YouTube (https://youtube.com/channel/UC3WUDsw58yeRXhULbbsM30g)

Our LC is already semi-built, with a nice ARB bumper, 10k warn winch, OME lift & suspension, slee torsion bars and slee diff drop. We took her out for the first time last weekend to some trails on the Oregon coast. It felt great to be in a true Offroad rig.

Anyway, not sure why i never thought of hopping on here before but excited to meet some folks. Would love to meet up with some local Portland and/or Oregon folks who can show me the ropes of serious Offroad driving, because we are VERY novice! (Though the Prius did handle quite a bit)
Hello Winston and Kim, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: scully and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all! My name is Daniel and I’m from Sheboygan, WI. I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a few modifications and around 100,000 miles. It’s proven to be reliable and fun for my adventures so far. I have been overlanding for a while and grew up backcountry camping. I found overland bound on Instagram and have followed for a while (@inthelifeof_dan) and am excited to be a member finally!

I mainly camp in a ground tent and have done so all over the United States. I’ve also enjoyed land cruisers while abroad and will hopefully have one in the garage in the next few years!
Hello Daniel, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Dluenz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Daniel
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Dluenz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: scully

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from IA!
Joined to help my research of Overlanding out west. I have spent some time nearly everywhere but really enjoy being between anywhere near the Rockies. Unfortunately I have always done so from the pavement. Hoping to change that.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Joe Hunt

Reactions: FlJeep

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. Found this site on YouTube.
Location Eugene Oregon
Vehicle 1986 Ford F250 Extra Cab 4X4 Diesel (WIP) The pic is when my son borrowed it and it broke down. Doing lots of work to it.
After getting my license I would drive around a lot. Once I got my Toyota 4X4 I would get the old Forestry Maps go a ways up a highway find a road, look for the next one and try to find the longest way to get to it. Sometimes I would drive 30 or 40 miles to travel a mile up the road. Miss it so much.
View attachment 194841
The Come Along is a nice touch.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders!

My Name is Adam, KC3MYO and yep, I’m also into amateur radio. I’m located PA and I drive a 2013 Honda Pilot which is just getting broken in with 135,000 miles of fun! The All terrain tires and my VHF/UHF radio have gotten me in too.. and out off just about as much trouble as I can create!

I’m new to the OB world so I’d consider my self a novice. Currently, when I’m not playing radio, my newly formed family and I are shifting the focus of our travelers from destination based, to journey centered. Which means I’ll probably sell the tent I currently have in exchange for something more... mobile.. .

Until we meet on the trail, free to reach out and 73s!

Adam
Welcome to Overland Bound Adam
You might be interested in our Friday night ham net;
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/
We have a Member Rep @Prerunner1982 and a Director @M Rose who are very heavy into ham and promoting it within our community.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) My green queen Fiona is down below for your viewing pleasure
2) Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
3) 2020 ToyotaTacoma TRD Pro
4) Experienced camper/bushcrafter, (fly) fisherman, and relatively amateur off-roader

View attachment 194833View attachment 194834View attachment 194835
Great to see you have included your navigator in the introduction.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

This is Teja.

1. Fremont,CA
2. 1999 Lexus LX470 - bought it back in Feb which came with some modifications already done to it and added little touches to call it my own.
3. Experience - I’ve driven on some trails solo but nothing serious off-roading. I’m a beginner and new to overlanding.

Thanks and be safe!

Teja
Welcome to Overland Bound Teja
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®
There is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Reactions: Teja

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Crazy to think I tried join back when I would have been a sub 1k member and now I joined at 27k+. My names Bryant, I'll call myself a noivce because I don't get out as much as I like to but my truck is built. This is the second truck I have built like this. From Ventura, CA.

2017 Tacoma Offroad
Welcome to Overland Bound Bryant
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®
There is a meet-up in your area that you might be interested in;
Thousand Oaks Meet up in lower 805 to 818

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new to Overland Bound. My husband and I live in East Texas. We did the wheeling ,camping, overland thing a long time ago and now trying to get back into it now. Looking forward to relearning all the things we have forgotten over time.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Jorge, I thought I was the only one on long island NY with curiosity of the outdoors. Here's my rig, 2020 Taco Sport on eibach and 33s. I've had the Taco for 8 months now and planning a 9 day trip in May to visit a few national forests.

View attachment 194792
Welcome to Overland Bound Jorge
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

FlJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Palm Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Stephenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RZN
Hi all. Am a beginner at overlanding, many many years of tent camping and fishing. Always had the itch for Overlanding and scratched it when I purchased my jeep.

Location: West coast of Central Florida - near Tampa & also just north of Ocala N.F.
Rig: 2017 wrangler sport- didnt want any bells and whistles rather learned what I wanted and needed as I went along
Experience: still a beginner; have hit a few trails and getting the bug for it bad... :-)20210415_102423.jpg

Cougar Mountain

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Sierakowski
The Come Along is a nice touch.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thank you. The come along was my son attempting to move it after it broke down. Now it has had a new Injector Pump, Radiator, New Electric Fans, Brake Booster and Master. There are a few smaller things that I am doing. Money is tight like for most people. Tires is my next challenge. Not sure it's safe to go to the store not to mention out on the trail. Have a great week. Hope y'all can get out this weekend. Looks Beautiful in the Northwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Am a beginner at overlanding, many many years of tent camping and fishing. Always had the itch for Overlanding and scratched it when I purchased my jeep.

Location: West coast of Central Florida - near Tampa & also just north of Ocala N.F.
Rig: 2017 wrangler sport- didnt want any bells and whistles rather learned what I wanted and needed as I went along
Experience: still a beginner; have hit a few trails and getting the bug for it bad... :-)View attachment 194896
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Reactions: FlJeep