Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Off-Road Ranger I

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum, so a little about me and my rig:

Rig: 2010 4Runner with mods to tackle moderate FSRs in the PNW.
Overland Experience: Novice (but looking to increase experience and exposure to the lifestyle); few years experience exploring the backroads of BC.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Off-Road Ranger I

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
New to overland by concept but not new to adventure seeking. In my teen years I drove a mini-van many places an overlanding rig has never gone. Now i have grown up and been responsible im looking to get back into adventure and explore many parts of the land. just here in Utah are thousands of miles to explore. I hope to make new friends, that are family friendly explorers to explore with.

Rig: 2006 Toyota Sequoia
Experience: Back Country Driving, River Running, Backpacking, Scouting.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Cybersmitty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Smith
Hello Brent
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
For finding trials I like trailsoffroad.com their rating system is spot on as far as difficulty of a specific trail.
Gaia.com for most navigation maps.
The best part about this community is we learn from each other.
Hi Rich, thanks fore the welcome. I look forward to leaning more.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Supporter

Influencer I

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI7POE
Conferance Call Banner Rally Points.jpg
It's that time again. Join in on the monthly Inland Northwest conference call every 3rd Sunday at 7:30 PST. Everyone is invited. This month we will be sharing trip plans and making Rally Points. This is the best way to meet new people and to not go out on the trail alone. Details on how to call and log in are here in this Rally Point. This is both a call and online event.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

US Southwest Member Rep, Arizona
Supporter

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!

Happy to be a member. Wife and I are long time backpacker and hikers. I enjoy flying and sailing; now with our rig nearly complete, we are ready to cover more ground via overlanding.

Looking forward to these forums to learn more and hopefully meet up with members along the way.

We are split based between Seattle and Coeur D’Alene.

Next steps in our novice state is to work out the gear for a few days in May before we hit the Hungry Horse or Flathead trails in Montana in June.

Rig: 2019 F-350 on a BDS 6” lift with 38” Grapplers and a 2020 Off Grid Trailer Expedition 2.0. Bumpers and winch are the next upgrades and an ICOM ic-705 for QRP Ham Coms

Ham Callsign: KJ7PIL

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt
Hello Blaine and Jeana, welcome to Overland Bound. Very nice setup and thanks for the pics.

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Benefactor

Pathfinder II

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Hello all!

Happy to be a member. Wife and I are long time backpacker and hikers. I enjoy flying and sailing; now with our rig nearly complete, we are ready to cover more ground via overlanding.

Looking forward to these forums to learn more and hopefully meet up with members along the way.

Next steps in our novice state is to work out the gear for a few days in May before we hit the Hungry Horse or Flathead trails in Montana in June.

Rig: 2019 F-350 on a BDS 6” lift with 38” Grapplers and a 2020 Off Grid Trailer Expedition 2.0. Bumpers and winch are the next upgrades and an ICOM ic-705 for QRP Ham Coms

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt

Hello Holts , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is the Seattle Area Member Representative and @Sandpoint Steve is closest member representative to Coeur D’Alene.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Blaino16

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County, Washington, United States
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Holt
Member #

Hello all!

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt

Hello Holts , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is the Seattle Area Member Representative and @Sandpoint Steve is closest member representative to Coeur D’Alene.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thanks so much Mike! Will reach out to Steve also. Looking forward to getting active and will drill down into the info this evening.

Best
Blaine

Ubiety

NorthWest Region Member Rep Seattle WA
Supporter

Educator I

Sammamish, Washington, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
E
Member #

Hello all!

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt
Welcome to OB Blaine and Jeana!

Blaino16

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County, Washington, United States
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Holt
Member #

View attachment 194778
It's that time again. Join in on the monthly Inland Northwest conference call every 3rd Sunday at 7:30 PST. Everyone is invited. This month we will be sharing trip plans and making Rally Points. This is the best way to meet new people and to not go out on the trail alone. Details on how to call and log in are here in this Rally Point. This is both a call and online event.
Thanks Steve! Will put these RPs on the calendar. See you in May

subtl3_

Rank I
OB1

Member I

Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
First Name
JORGE
Last Name
MEJIA
Member #

Hello, new to Overland Bound. My husband and I live in East Texas. We did the wheeling ,camping, overland thing a long time ago and now trying to get back into it now. Looking forward to relearning all the things we have forgotten over time.
Sweet thank you, I'm just getting into it so hope to learn a bunch. Ready and eager for my first big trip. 9 days with the wife through Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania trails.

kareless

Rank I
OB1

Member I

Ventura, CA, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
B
Member #

Crazy to think I tried join back when I would have been a sub 1k member and now I joined at 27k+. My names Bryant, I'll call myself a noivce because I don't get out as much as I like to but my truck is built. This is the second truck I have built like this. From Ventura, CA.

2017 Tacoma Offroad

Attachments

Big G

NorthWest Region Member Rep Southern OR

Off-Road Ranger I

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, new to Overland Bound. My husband and I live in East Texas. We did the wheeling ,camping, overland thing a long time ago and now trying to get back into it now. Looking forward to relearning all the things we have forgotten over time.
Hello Janelle, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

NorthWest Region Member Rep Southern OR

Off-Road Ranger I

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MZB
Crazy to think I tried join back when I would have been a sub 1k member and now I joined at 27k+. My names Bryant, I'll call myself a noivce because I don't get out as much as I like to but my truck is built. This is the second truck I have built like this. From Ventura, CA.

2017 Tacoma Offroad
Hello Bryant, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and kareless

Navigatorlady

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Henderson, Rusk County, Texas, United States
First Name
Janelle
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello Janelle, welcome to the OB community.
Thanks

freak4life

Supporter

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
My name is Jorge, I thought I was the only one on long island NY with curiosity of the outdoors. Here's my rig, 2020 Taco Sport on eibach and 33s. I've had the Taco for 8 months now and planning a 9 day trip in May to visit a few national forests.

View attachment 194792
Hello Jorge, welcome to Overland Bound. Nice taco you have there. Have fun on your trip.

Reactions: subtl3_ and Kent R

freak4life

Supporter

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Janelle, welcome to Overland Bound.