Contributor I

Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County, Washington, United States
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Holt
Member #

Hello all!

Happy to be a member. Wife and I are long time backpacker and hikers. I enjoy flying and sailing; now with our rig nearly complete, we are ready to cover more ground via overlanding.

Looking forward to these forums to learn more and hopefully meet up with members along the way.

We are split based between Seattle and Coeur D’Alene.

Next steps in our novice state is to work out the gear for a few days in May before we hit the Hungry Horse or Flathead trails in Montana in June.

Rig: 2019 F-350 on a BDS 6” lift with 38” Grapplers and a 2020 Off Grid Trailer Expedition 2.0. Bumpers and winch are the next upgrades and an ICOM ic-705 for QRP Ham Coms

Ham Callsign: KJ7PIL

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt

Hello Holts , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is the Seattle Area Member Representative and @Sandpoint Steve is closest member representative to Coeur D’Alene.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thanks so much Mike! Will reach out to Steve also. Looking forward to getting active and will drill down into the info this evening.

Best
Blaine

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello all!

Happy to be a member. Wife and I are long time backpacker and hikers. I enjoy flying and sailing; now with our rig nearly complete, we are ready to cover more ground via overlanding.

Looking forward to these forums to learn more and hopefully meet up with members along the way.

We are split based between Seattle and Coeur D’Alene.

Next steps in our novice state is to work out the gear for a few days in May before we hit the Hungry Horse or Flathead trails in Montana in June.

Rig: 2019 F-350 on a BDS 6” lift with 38” Grapplers and a 2020 Off Grid Trailer Expedition 2.0. Bumpers and winch are the next upgrades and an ICOM ic-705 for QRP Ham Coms

Ham Callsign: KJ7PIL

Cheers!
Blaine and Jeana Holt
Welcome to OB Blaine and Jeana!

Reactions: Kent R

Blaino16

Rank I

Contributor I

Bainbridge Island, Kitsap County, Washington, United States
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Holt
Member #

View attachment 194778
It's that time again. Join in on the monthly Inland Northwest conference call every 3rd Sunday at 7:30 PST. Everyone is invited. This month we will be sharing trip plans and making Rally Points. This is the best way to meet new people and to not go out on the trail alone. Details on how to call and log in are here in this Rally Point. This is both a call and online event.
Thanks Steve! Will put these RPs on the calendar. See you in May

subtl3_

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
First Name
JORGE
Last Name
MEJIA
Member #

Hello, new to Overland Bound. My husband and I live in East Texas. We did the wheeling ,camping, overland thing a long time ago and now trying to get back into it now. Looking forward to relearning all the things we have forgotten over time.
Sweet thank you, I'm just getting into it so hope to learn a bunch. Ready and eager for my first big trip. 9 days with the wife through Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania trails.

kareless

Rank II

Contributor III

Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
Bar
Member #

Crazy to think I tried join back when I would have been a sub 1k member and now I joined at 27k+. My names Bryant, I'll call myself a noivce because I don't get out as much as I like to but my truck is built. This is the second truck I have built like this. From Ventura, CA.

2017 Tacoma Offroad

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, new to Overland Bound. My husband and I live in East Texas. We did the wheeling ,camping, overland thing a long time ago and now trying to get back into it now. Looking forward to relearning all the things we have forgotten over time.
Hello Janelle, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Crazy to think I tried join back when I would have been a sub 1k member and now I joined at 27k+. My names Bryant, I'll call myself a noivce because I don't get out as much as I like to but my truck is built. This is the second truck I have built like this. From Ventura, CA.

2017 Tacoma Offroad
Hello Bryant, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and kareless

Navigatorlady

Rank II

Contributor III

Henderson, Rusk County, Texas, United States
First Name
Janelle
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello Janelle, welcome to the OB community.
Thanks

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
My name is Jorge, I thought I was the only one on long island NY with curiosity of the outdoors. Here's my rig, 2020 Taco Sport on eibach and 33s. I've had the Taco for 8 months now and planning a 9 day trip in May to visit a few national forests.

View attachment 194792
Hello Jorge, welcome to Overland Bound. Nice taco you have there. Have fun on your trip.

Reactions: subtl3_ and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

2017 Tacoma Offroad
Hello Bryant, welcome (back) to Overland Bound, very nice ride you have there.

Navigatorlady

Rank II

Contributor III

Henderson, Rusk County, Texas, United States
First Name
Janelle
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello Janelle, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks

Teja

Rank IV

Traveler III

Fremont, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Teja
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OOX
Hello All,

This is Teja.

1. Fremont,CA
2. 1999 Lexus LX470 - bought it back in Feb which came with some modifications already done to it and added little touches to call it my own.
3. Experience - I’ve driven on some trails solo but nothing serious off-roading. I’m a beginner and new to overlanding.

Thanks and be safe!

Teja

Attachments

KC3MYO

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
McDevitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3MYO
Hello Overlanders!

My Name is Adam, KC3MYO and yep, I’m also into amateur radio. I’m located PA and I drive a 2013 Honda Pilot which is just getting broken in with 135,000 miles of fun! The All terrain tires and my VHF/UHF radio have gotten me in too.. and out off just about as much trouble as I can create!

I’m new to the OB world so I’d consider my self a novice. Currently, when I’m not playing radio, my newly formed family and I are shifting the focus of our travelers from destination based, to journey centered. Which means I’ll probably sell the tent I currently have in exchange for something more... mobile.. .

Until we meet on the trail, free to reach out and 73s!

Adam

Attachments

Cougar Mountain

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Sierakowski
Hello. Found this site on YouTube.
Location Eugene Oregon
Vehicle 1986 Ford F250 Extra Cab 4X4 Diesel (WIP) The pic is when my son borrowed it and it broke down. Doing lots of work to it.
After getting my license I would drive around a lot. Once I got my Toyota 4X4 I would get the old Forestry Maps go a ways up a highway find a road, look for the next one and try to find the longest way to get to it. Sometimes I would drive 30 or 40 miles to travel a mile up the road. Miss it so much.
IMG_0470.jpg