freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all, Just joined the group. Name is Jordan, currently have no rig, but plan to right that soon. I grew up driving the fire trail in NSW, Australia around the Blue Mountains in a small group made up of Nissan Patrols, and Suzuki Sierras which made for an interesting bunch of weekend. Now I live in Missouri and plan on exploring the Ozarks.

Haven't been out on the trails in over a decade, and am looking at building up a 4Runner over the new few years. All my buddies drive jeeps, so I figured id change it up a little; and they will need someone to pull them out ;)

Anyways, hopefully will be showing up at some meet ups next year, and get my feet wet again.

Cheers.
Hello Jordan, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and TaskerJC

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thanks for the welcome!

Based in Kentucky
Our rig is a '14 Jeep JKU Rubicon on 37's
Experienced. I have several years of overlanding and previous rock crawling experience, medical treatment and survival training (military)

Looking forward to meeting many of you and having adventures.
Hello Al, welcome to the OB community. Thanks for your service .

sfgirl64

Rank I

Contributor I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
melinda
Last Name
randolph
Member #

H E L L O A L L !

Thank You for the welcome! Looking forward to meeting others who love discovering the backcountry. This is my baby, a 2017 Jeep Rubicon. Never thought I would ever own a Jeep! or ever
get an emotional attachment to a vehicle, but here we are and yes its is ❤. lol. She is my basecamp for traversing and backpacking and what a welcome site she is after a long day Be well everyone, hope to see you on trail soon!
D6E057B5-7071-4AF1-85AC-756EDC27C978_1_201_a.jpeg
D504DA1A-B2FC-4523-8EC5-BA8EF8F9750C_1_201_a.jpeg

BrownTX

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ector County, Texas, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Brown
Hey, y'all!
Daniel from West Texas. Avid camper and explorer. Novice Overlander.
New Rig is a 2021 Jeep Desert Rated "Mojave" Gladiator (because I live in a desert haha).

Some cool upgrades I have coming for this truck:
-JCR offroad mid-height bed rack
-23Zero Walkabout 62 Rooftop (bed rack) Tent
-Some Rescue Boards
-RotoPax Gas Cans
-ARB Twin Motor Compressor Kit

Fortunately, the Jeep comes from the factory with some excellent upgrades:
-Fox 2.5 series shocks with external reservoirs, hydraulic bump stops, Offroad Plus+ Package, skid plates (aluminum), reinforced frame & axles, rock slides, 33" Falken Widlpeak M/T, as well as front and rear trail cameras.

For me and what we plan to use the truck for the only other upgrades needed may be bumpers and a Warn Winch along with some more rescue equipment.

20210324_150508.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Daniel (@BrownTX ), welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Lubbock.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R and BrownTX

BrownTX

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ector County, Texas, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Brown
Hello Daniel (@BrownTX ), welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Lubbock.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
Haha I'll let it slide since you're originally from Lubbock .

Thank you for the info, I'll certainly look into those sub forums and meetups

RBinOR

Rank I

Contributor III

Oregon, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Burkhead
Howdy folks. My name is Rick and my membership here is about 10 minutes old. I was raised among campers and deep woods backpackers, so I'm reasonably capable in the wilderness - but I am a definite beginner when it comes to overlanding. The current ride is a '21 Tacoma TRD OR...and I am doing my best to restrain the incessant over-the-top modification urges. We live in a 'burb southwest of Portland, OR (however, we are likely moving out of state in about a year or so). Look forward to getting to know folks and shamelessly stealing all of your overlanding secrets and BKMs. Thanks for the membership.

JL MADDOG

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Apache Junction, AZ
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kahut
Service Branch
USAF
Here's the rig - A 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU

20210304_104806.jpg

Name is Michael and I live in Arizona, formerly Oregon.

Total novice with respects to overlanding but I'm learning a lot by watching some of the great YT videos out there including Kevin's Lifestyle Overland series and Brad's Trail Recon series.

One thing I've learned in my search for accessories is that Jeep's acronym means, "Just Empty Every Pocket". Funny thing is my Ram pickups did the same thing to me.

Anyway, glad to be hear and I am really enjoying the content on Overland Bound!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Long time wheeler here from BC Canada. New to the whole overlanding concept, but have spent my entire life in the woods and mountains exploring, camping, and just enjoying being outdoors.

My current rig is a 1998 Durango (5.9L) with too many mods to list, but it's locked, lifted, and gets me pretty much anywhere I point it.

My plan is to retire in 7 years and spend the last of my healthy time doing the full-time overlanding thing. I look forward to learning from you all, and maybe contributing a nugget here and there myself.

View attachment 194564

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum, so a little about me and my rig:

Rig: 2010 4Runner with mods to tackle moderate FSRs in the PNW.
Overland Experience: Novice (but looking to increase experience and exposure to the lifestyle); few years experience exploring the backroads of BC.

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy folks. My name is Rick and my membership here is about 10 minutes old. I was raised among campers and deep woods backpackers, so I'm reasonably capable in the wilderness - but I am a definite beginner when it comes to overlanding. The current ride is a '21 Tacoma TRD OR...and I am doing my best to restrain the incessant over-the-top modification urges. We live in a 'burb southwest of Portland, OR (however, we are likely moving out of state in about a year or so). Look forward to getting to know folks and shamelessly stealing all of your overlanding secrets and BKMs. Thanks for the membership.

Hello Rick, Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and RBinOR

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi All!
I'm Jess, my husband Mike and I have a Overland and a Wrangler. We live in Eastern WA and are novice overlanders. Looking forward to learningView attachment 194721 from everyone!

Hello Jess and Mike , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hi All!
I'm Jess, my husband Mike and I have a Overland and a Wrangler. We live in Eastern WA and are novice overlanders. Looking forward to learningView attachment 194721 from everyone!
Hey you guys! Welcome to the crew!!! Please don't hesitate to let me know of any questions you may have. I am also in Kennewick. I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities to meet up this season.
Follow this link to the Tri-Cities Club House. Feel free to introduce yourselves to the group.

Reactions: M Rose and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
H E L L O A L L !

Thank You for the welcome! Looking forward to meeting others who love discovering the backcountry. This is my baby, a 2017 Jeep Rubicon. Never thought I would ever own a Jeep! or ever
get an emotional attachment to a vehicle, but here we are and yes its is ❤. lol. She is my basecamp for traversing and backpacking and what a welcome site she is after a long day Be well everyone, hope to see you on trail soon!
View attachment 194731
View attachment 194730
Hello Melinda, welcome to the OB community. Thanks for the pics.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey, y'all!
Daniel from West Texas. Avid camper and explorer. Novice Overlander.
New Rig is a 2021 Jeep Desert Rated "Mojave" Gladiator (because I live in a desert haha).

Some cool upgrades I have coming for this truck:
-JCR offroad mid-height bed rack
-23Zero Walkabout 62 Rooftop (bed rack) Tent
-Some Rescue Boards
-RotoPax Gas Cans
-ARB Twin Motor Compressor Kit

Fortunately, the Jeep comes from the factory with some excellent upgrades:
-Fox 2.5 series shocks with external reservoirs, hydraulic bump stops, Offroad Plus+ Package, skid plates (aluminum), reinforced frame & axles, rock slides, 33" Falken Widlpeak M/T, as well as front and rear trail cameras.

For me and what we plan to use the truck for the only other upgrades needed may be bumpers and a Warn Winch along with some more rescue equipment.

View attachment 194732
Hello Daniel, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and BrownTX

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Rick, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: RBinOR and TaskerJC

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Here's the rig - A 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU

View attachment 194745

Name is Michael and I live in Arizona, formerly Oregon.

Total novice with respects to overlanding but I'm learning a lot by watching some of the great YT videos out there including Kevin's Lifestyle Overland series and Brad's Trail Recon series.

One thing I've learned in my search for accessories is that Jeep's acronym means, "Just Empty Every Pocket". Funny thing is my Ram pickups did the same thing to me.

Anyway, glad to be hear and I am really enjoying the content on Overland Bound!
Hello

Hello Michael
Welcome to the OB community
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups

WarEagleCJ7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Cazenave
C1BA7718-6EBD-42C4-887C-2EC0597D435A.jpegB668925A-560A-463A-B27D-1EB65BD21E63.jpeg

This is an old picture of my 1982 Jeep CJ7 and the current state of the tear down for rebuild. When finished it will be an LS1 V8 but still with a five speed (Ax15).

My name is Rick and I’m located in Raleigh, NC. Part of the rebuild is to make the CJ more capable for over landing and capable enough tow an off-road trailer. The objective is not to test the limits of mechanical engineering and be rock crawling or purposefully putting the rig in situations it might invert itself. Will be evaluating brakes and locker options with the new driveline. Would prefer the CJ was driven where it’s going not trailered.

Experience camping, but not over landing. I also am into drone photography so getting places worth taking aerial shots is a hope. I also like camping but prefer cooler temperatures for that. My current trailer target (after getting the CJ is restored) is currently focused on the Off Grid Trailers Expedition 2.0 out of Canada. Would be interested in opinions on the CJ7 as the rig with E-brakes, 350HP and some other upgrades to make it more capable for towing.

NOTE My user name somehow got a typo. It should be WarEagleCJ. Trying to change it.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 194750View attachment 194751

This is an old picture of my 1982 Jeep CJ7 and the current state of the tear down for rebuild. When finished it will be an LS1 V8 but still with a five speed (Ax15).

My name is Rick and I’m located in Raleigh, NC. Part of the rebuild is to make the CJ more capable for over landing and capable enough tow an off-road trailer. The objective is not to test the limits of mechanical engineering and be rock crawling or purposefully putting the rig in situations it might invert itself. Will be evaluating brakes and locker options with the new driveline. Would prefer the CJ was driven where it’s going not trailered.

Experience camping, but not over landing. I also am into drone photography so getting places worth taking aerial shots is a hope. I also like camping but prefer cooler temperatures for that. My current trailer target (after getting the CJ is restored) is currently focused on the Off Grid Trailers Expedition 2.0 out of Canada. Would be interested in opinions on the CJ7 as the rig with E-brakes, 350HP and some other upgrades to make it more capable for towing.

NOTE My user name somehow got a typo. It should be WarEagleCJ. Trying to change it.
Hello Rick, welcome to the OB comminuty.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum, so a little about me and my rig:

Rig: 2010 4Runner with mods to tackle moderate FSRs in the PNW.
Overland Experience: Novice (but looking to increase experience and exposure to the lifestyle); few years experience exploring the backroads of BC.
Hello Felix, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: M Rose and Kent R