- First Name
- Last Name
- Member #
Hi everyone, it's my first day here and my name's Jeff. Looking forward to meeting members and having fun.New Members,
Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!
In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:
- Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
- We will not further define "overlanding".
- "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
- You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
- Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
- Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
- Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
- It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
- We do not care about make or model.
- We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
- We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
- We respect, fear, and protect nature.
- "I don't know" is a great answer.
- We don’t brag about exploits.
- We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
- We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Location: Whittier CA.
Rig: 2007 Tacoma
Experience: Experienced but still learning
I love being out there enjoying nature and its challenges.
619.3 KB Views: 33