Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Thanks for having me. My name is Dale and I am currently building my 2015 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. I live near Vancouver, Wa so let me know who my local peeps are. Thanks and I will continue to update with pictures as I build.

Currently running:
2.5” Old Man Emu lift
Bilstein 5160 Remote Reservoir Shocks (Rear)
295/70/18 Toyo R/T
Fuel 18” Wheels
Rough Country Intake
Blue Sea Systems 6 Panel Fuse Block
Midland MXT 275 with Ghost Antenna
VLand LED Sequential Headlights
A bunch of other random gadgets.

Currently ordered: ARE CX Revo canopy. Planning on building a sleeping platform and drawer system.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dale.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi my name is Nate and we have been exploring the backcountry in our 1987 VW Vanagon Westfalia for years now. Just found this forum but have been on Expedition Portal for years.

Welcome to the OB crew, I like your rig, a friend of mine had one years ago and he loved it.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi my name is Nate and we have been exploring the backcountry in our 1987 VW Vanagon Westfalia for years now. Just found this forum but have been on Expedition Portal for years.

Hello Nate , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks Tim. It is only 2wd but has been proven to be very capable. With 12" of ground clearance and the engine over the rear drive wheels it does ok on dirt/mud roads.
nate
Check out the 2WD rig forums. Lots of interesting stuff in there for 2WDs.

KF0APA

Rank VI

Trail Mechanic I

Lebanon, MO, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Bryson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0APA
Hi ! I'm Greg. Recently retired. My wife and I are gearing up for some late summer/early fall adventures in and through the Ozarks. She's given the go-ahead for some light mods to our 05 GMC Yukon XL 4wd. We purchased this vehicle after it had an engine and transmission swap.. It's now powered by a 8.1 liter Vortec. With just two of us, it should have enough room for our gear. Plans include a 4 inch lift. New wheels and tires. New front and rear bumpers. Moving the spare tire to a rear bumper carrier and possibly stuffing an aux fuel tank where the spare used to ride. A roof rack is ordered as well as some LED lights. Once I get started on this project, I'll post some pics.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi ! I'm Greg. Recently retired. My wife and I are gearing up for some late summer/early fall adventures in and through the Ozarks. She's given the go-ahead for some light mods to our 05 GMC Yukon XL 4wd. We purchased this vehicle after it had an engine and transmission swap.. It's now powered by a 8.1 liter Vortec. With just two of us, it should have enough room for our gear. Plans include a 4 inch lift. New wheels and tires. New front and rear bumpers. Moving the spare tire to a rear bumper carrier and possibly stuffing an aux fuel tank where the spare used to ride. A roof rack is ordered as well as some LED lights. Once I get started on this project, I'll post some pics.
Welcome to the OB crew, if you are considering more upgrades/addons, check the vehicle build threads in the forums, maybe get some inspiration, I got several really good ideas there

Reactions: Kent R

SocalRebel

Rank II

Contributor III

Marina del Rey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
DeWald
Member #

Howdy,

Located in Los Angeles area and just picked up a Rebel to start my overlanding adventure. Been a long time watcher of Overland Bound so I figured I'd join the community now that I'm starting the hobby for reals.

Rig: 2021 Ram Rebel
Experience: Fairly new to overlanding, long time backpacker

DSC_6582_LI.jpg
Took the truck out for a trip to Holcomb Valley the first weekend I had it just to see how it did.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Howdy,

Located in Los Angeles area and just picked up a Rebel to start my overlanding adventure. Been a long time watcher of Overland Bound so I figured I'd join the community now that I'm starting the hobby for reals.

View attachment 186665
Took the truck out for a trip to Holcomb Valley the first weekend I had it just to see how it did.
Welcome to the OB crew, to get started on your overlanding journey, head over to the Boot Camp threads here in the forums, there is a lot of useful information on almost every aspect of overlanding, be sure to ask questions, our experienced overlanders here are happy to answer questions and offer you advice.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy,

View attachment 186665
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Greg.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 and in the Ozarks @BlueLineOverland

When you do the lift on the Yukon you might think about upgrading your front axles, they have a tendency to break when lifted and you hit a bump at high speed. We had a member that broke both in Death Valley CA.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Nate
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hey Greg!!! If you find yourself in the Arkansas portion of the Ozarks let me know! I'd love to show you around!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Welcome from NE OK!

Reactions: Kent R and KF0APA

Ascent510

Rank II

Contributor III

San Lorenzo Ca
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Orona
Member #

Hi my name is Chris. Currently in San Lorenzo Ca. but lived most of my life in Oakland. My fiancé and I enjoy a 2020 Subaru Ascent. I talked her into a few upgrades.
LP Adventure 2” Lift
Black Rhino Wheels
BFG KO2’s
Prinsu Rack
Autohome RTT
Baja Designs Light Bar

We spend at least a week @ JTNP a year where we like to hit some dirt roads. I’m very familiar with camping but we are looking forward to putting in more miles and hopefully see the Mohave Road at some point this year.

Attachments