Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy folks,

My name is Brad, I’m 38 and I’m located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I have been doing a fair amount of overlanding my whole life, but recently have become more enthralled by the allure of exploring farther and more self sufficiently.
I grew up on the Oregon Coast and have had a bad fly fishing addiction since I was a youngster. As you can imagine overlanding has gotten me to some amazing rivers and lakes, as fishing and overlanding go hand and hand. About 3 years ago I finally reached the point in my life that I could afford the truck I’ve always wanted, a double cab longbox Tacoma. I realize that the long wheelbase isn’t necessarily the best for approach & clearance, but I have 2 kiddos under 5, a wife and a 100LB Great Pyrenees, so space is needed for our adventures.
My wife and I have explored many backroads around the Oregon/Washington area for the last decade plus. 2 years ago we bought a 16ft pop-up trailer for adventures with the growing family, which has been great, albeit not the easiest thing to maneuver on some trails (truck & trailer=35ft).
In the past year I’ve started putting some mods on the Taco, put a TRD suspension on it, accessory racks in the bed, new camper shell, racks, etc.. currently have armor on lead time and more new mods to come.
I’m super excited to become part of the Overland Bound community as it seems like cool people with the same type of interests as myself, along with the fact that overlanding is a super family friendly pastime that allows me to teach my children lots of cool things to do with vehicles & the outdoors. The vistas and sunrises/sunsets come as a welcome bonus.
Hello Brad , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. Since I don’t know where at in Washington you are located; @Ubiety is the Seattle Area Member Representative, @Gabriel Bozeman represents Northwest Washington, @PNW EXPLR takes care of business down in Eastern Washington, and if you are closer to the Portland Metro Area @jcgraves3 is the guy to talk to for local advice, up in the NorthEast Corner of the state, @Sandpoint Steve heads things up.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Howdy folks,

My name is Brad, I’m 38 and I’m located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I have been doing a fair amount of overlanding my whole life, but recently have become more enthralled by the allure of exploring farther and more self sufficiently.
I grew up on the Oregon Coast and have had a bad fly fishing addiction since I was a youngster. As you can imagine overlanding has gotten me to some amazing rivers and lakes, as fishing and overlanding go hand and hand. About 3 years ago I finally reached the point in my life that I could afford the truck I’ve always wanted, a double cab longbox Tacoma. I realize that the long wheelbase isn’t necessarily the best for approach & clearance, but I have 2 kiddos under 5, a wife and a 100LB Great Pyrenees, so space is needed for our adventures.
My wife and I have explored many backroads around the Oregon/Washington area for the last decade plus. 2 years ago we bought a 16ft pop-up trailer for adventures with the growing family, which has been great, albeit not the easiest thing to maneuver on some trails (truck & trailer=35ft).
In the past year I’ve started putting some mods on the Taco, put a TRD suspension on it, accessory racks in the bed, new camper shell, racks, etc.. currently have armor on lead time and more new mods to come.
I’m super excited to become part of the Overland Bound community as it seems like cool people with the same type of interests as myself, along with the fact that overlanding is a super family friendly pastime that allows me to teach my children lots of cool things to do with vehicles & the outdoors. The vistas and sunrises/sunsets come as a welcome bonus.
Welcome to the OB crew

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Rig: 1989 Land Rover 110, ex-Australian Army "Perentie". Was FFR (Fitted For Radio), now FFC (Fitted For Camping). Upgrades include Defender hard top panel with Front Runner roof rack , disc brakes all-round, heavy duty clutch, long travel suspension, civilian 12V dual battery system fitted, onboard compressor, various surveillance model bolt-on extras (dual spare wheel carrier, underslung jerrycan carrier, interior bins/toolboxes, side jerrycan panniers), APT snorkel, Wolf rims fitted with dinky little 7.50/16 BFG Mud Terrain KM3s - in remote areas, 7.50/16s are a dime a dozen whereas big rubber is scarce.
Experience: extensive travel around Australia in the vehicle. In 2018 and 2019 I got dust on my swag from NSW, Vic, Tas, SA, WA, NT, Qld. Cape York, Gulf Country, etc. 2020 I was supposed to head off for a Perth to Darwin trip through the Kimberleys and Pilbara but like many here, my plans were stalled due to the covid-pocalypse. Maybe this year...?

View attachment 183631
View attachment 183634
View attachment 183633
View attachment 183632
Welcome to the OB crew, nice rig you have there

dogmush

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Hill
Hi folks.

My name is Dallas. My wife and I live in central Florida, and have been doing a bunch of car camping out of my 2WD F150 for the last year. Pretty much we drive up to GA, NC, or TN camp at a camp ground and go hiking. We've been enjoying it enough we want our trip to get more into the overlanding idea where the trip up and back is it's own adventure and not just 10 hours on an interstate. Due to our new dog not fitting in the current truck, we just bought a 2014, four door, 4WD F150 and are going to set it up for more adventurous trips. I'm looking forward to learning more and getting gear tips and new places to check out from the members here.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi folks.

My name is Dallas. My wife and I live in central Florida, and have been doing a bunch of car camping out of my 2WD F150 for the last year. Pretty much we drive up to GA, NC, or TN camp at a camp ground and go hiking. We've been enjoying it enough we want our trip to get more into the overlanding idea where the trip up and back is it's own adventure and not just 10 hours on an interstate. Due to our new dog not fitting in the current truck, we just bought a 2014, four door, 4WD F150 and are going to set it up for more adventurous trips. I'm looking forward to learning more and getting gear tips and new places to check out from the members here.
Welcome to the OB crew

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Howdy folks,

Welcome to OB Brad! Good to have you onboard! Let me know if I can answer any questions or provide assistance. I am a salt water fisher and have not done much fresh water fishing but fly fishing really appeals to me - its a thinking man's game with strategery and all. Enjoy the rain!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello LeighAnn (@Petunia), welcome from Oklahoma. Not OB related but a friend of mine in Houston does a Jeep podcast called the Jeep Talk Show, you may be interested in listening to.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had meet ups in the Houston area so keep an eye out and hopefully more are planned.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps as is @USStrongman in west Texas so if you have any questions let us know.

Reactions: Kent R and Petunia

Petunia

Rank 0

Traveler I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
LeighAnn
Last Name
Perkins
Hello LeighAnn (@Petunia), welcome from Oklahoma. Not OB related but a friend of mine in Houston does a Jeep podcast called the Jeep Talk Show, you may be interested in listening to.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had meet ups in the Houston area so keep an eye out and hopefully more are planned.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps as is @USStrongman in west Texas so if you have any questions let us know.
Thanks! Ive listened to that show. They're pretty good! Amd thanks for the tips, hoping to be out exploring more very soon!

Cascadianoverlander

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Vancouver, Washington, United States
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

Howdy folks,

Welcome to OB Brad! Good to have you onboard! Let me know if I can answer any questions or provide assistance. I am a salt water fisher and have not done much fresh water fishing but fly fishing really appeals to me - its a thinking man's game with strategery and all. Enjoy the rain!
Thanks for the welcome! I’m down in the Vancouver area and assuming time lines up we could absolutely hit the river someday. I love saltwater fly fishing (Florida & Mexico mostly) but my true home is on a river, trying to get a finicky trout or steelhead to believe some feathers and string is an aquatic insect. One of these days I want to go up to the sound and hunt some sea run cutthroats.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks for the welcome! I’m down in the Vancouver area and assuming time lines up we could absolutely hit the river someday. I love saltwater fly fishing (Florida & Mexico mostly) but my true home is on a river, trying to get a finicky trout or steelhead to believe some feathers and string is an aquatic insect. One of these days I want to go up to the sound and hunt some sea run cutthroats.
I have fished a lot of salmon and ling in the Sound up near Bellingham. Would love to hit the river with you and learn about fly fishing. Have a lot of family in Vancouver/PDX and I am originally from Vancouver.
BTW - @jcgraves3 is your closest member rep - he is out of PDX. But that does not mean that we can't be friends ;)
Have a great day!

NiteSky

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shoreline, Washington 98155, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McCabe
Member #

Hey all! Happy to be a new member in what seems to be an awesome community. I'm not new to off-roading and exploring back roads but just starting out in overlanding proper.

I'm in the Seattle area and my rig is a 2003 Tundra SR5 V8 4x4. The only things I've done to prepare so far is a 2.5" OME lift with Deaver AALs and air springs to support the RTT/ shell setup. We've already got our RTT and should have our reinforced camper shell next month. My next big project is building out a drawer system in the bed with an integrated kitchen setup.

I'm excited to see what others have done and to get some tips and ideas!

124191303_10221110294841415_6344290715796080116_o.jpg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hey all! Happy to be a new member in what seems to be an awesome community. I'm not new to off-roading and exploring back roads but just starting out in overlanding proper.

I'm in the Seattle area and my rig is a 2003 Tundra SR5 V8 4x4. The only things I've done to prepare so far is a 2.5" OME lift with Deaver AALs and air springs to support the RTT/ shell setup. We've already got our RTT and should have our reinforced camper shell next month. My next big project is building out a drawer system in the bed with an integrated kitchen setup.

View attachment 183685
Welcome to OB Tim! I am the Seattle area member rep so please reach out to me if you have any questions, etc. make sure to check out Rally Poinot for local events, etc. Once the big wet stops and it warms up I’ll be getting something going. Love the Tundra! Had one for many years and really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Kent R and NiteSky

NiteSky

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shoreline, Washington 98155, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McCabe
Member #

View attachment 183685
Welcome to OB Tim! I am the Seattle area member rep so please reach out to me if you have any questions, etc. make sure to check out Rally Poinot for local events, etc. Once the big wet stops and it warms up I’ll be getting something going. Love the Tundra! Had one for many years and really enjoyed it.
Thank you, I appreciate it! I’m really looking forward to getting out there when things finally start to dry out and I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for events. What is your current ride? I liked the size of the first gen Tundras. For a V8 truck it’s not a bad on some of those tighter forest roads.

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thank you, I appreciate it! I’m really looking forward to getting out there when things finally start to dry out and I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for events. What is your current ride? I liked the size of the first gen Tundras. For a V8 truck it’s not a bad on some of those tighter forest roads.
Currently driving a 2020 Gladiator which I really really like. Slowly modifying it and restoring our son’s classic Gladiator; he does not have his license yet so I end up driving his more than mine. A cool old beast that is great to putter around in.

Reactions: Kent R and NiteSky