First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New guy Neil here.

I've been overlanding since the late 80s but it wasn't called that then. My new rig, 2021 4runner will be my first dedicated overland vehicle.

I've done a couple of mods already, ie: pulled down the armrest in the back, adjusted the seat and added a molle panel for the driver seat. Other than that its bone stock.

In going to drive it that way for awhile before doing anything major. Figure out what it can do before making it better.

In in the east valley of Arizona.
Hello Neil, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

1. See: Attached
2. Location: No real general area. I bounce around between Utah, Colorado, Idaho, NM, Montana, Nevada, and SoCal. I currently live out of my vehicle so I'm a nomad.
3. 2016 F150 XL, 2.7L ecoboost, 4x4. Just bought the thing since someone hit my previous rig (Honda Pilot).
4. Novice. I've been living on the road for nearly a year now however.

I am fairly experienced when it comes to backcountry travel on foot however. I love to hike, backpack, and run. I love climbing mountains and jumping into lakes. I love getting deep into the wilderness, finding the end of the road, and then parking the rig and continuing on foot.

I love the wilderness. I love the freedom that comes with it and the solitude. I love the intimacy and deepening my connection with all of life. I love people too however and love the connections I make in the great outdoors. Looking forward to being a part of this community :D
Welcome to the group!! I must say i'm a bit jealous. I would love to travel around living out of my rig if I could afford it that is. I also enjoy going on foot into the wilderness! I used to pack everything I needed into my backpack but now I pack it into the back of my truck lol!!

Traveler I

Long Island, New York, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Divuolo
Member #

Hey guys, Mike here, from Long Island, New York. I look forward to getting out and planning some overland trips with my new Gladiator Launch Edition. Have already started building it up and will continue to do so until I’m completely broke haha. I have a pretty deep back ground with jeeps and off-roading. Have built probably 7-8 rigs at this point, I also have a 2005 wrangler rubicon unlimited(LJ). That vehicle will be going back under the knife to become a full time rock crawler/trailer queen since the gladiator showed up.

Am currently planning to run a bit of the Trans New Jersey Trail this upcoming weekend with a buddy, in the gladiator and his JL, if any one will be out there let us know, would love to link up with some other members.

Glad to be here, Mike D,
Aspect Overland

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello! I’m Matt located in Springfield, MO. I’m setting up a 2020 Tacoma as my rig, previously drove a Pathfinder until it gave up. Also in the process of planning an off-road teardrop.

I’ve got years of backpacking and camping experience. Since we had kids most of our camping has been vehicle dependent. A lot in the Ozarks, but also through NM, and CO. Still trying to convince my wife that boondocking will be fun with our kids.

Here’s a picture of the truck on my last trip to CO this fall.
View attachment 178540
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

JeffeMono

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Cantu
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello!
My name is Jeff C. and I currently live in San Diego, California.

I drive a 2015 Silverado Z71 with a 2" leveling kit and 33" KO2. Outside of that, I have not done any other modifications to the truck. Next week I am excited to install a Max Modular 14" Bedrack, Tuff Stuff Ranger 3 Tent, and what seems to be an "overland pros" 270 batwing awning (bought it off craigslist for a heck of a deal). I also have a Smittybuilt 12000 lb winch (tow hitch mount), traction boards, and a 12V air compressor. I specifically bought things I could take off my truck because of my work commute (77 miles a day). I may even change to one of the new V6 Diesel (GMC/RAM) or hybrid gladiator one day. The ultimate goal, however, is to be able to drive to and from work with my truck while still being able to go on Overlanding adventures to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

I am a complete novice with Overlanding, but I grew up in North Texas camping, hunting, fishing, off-roading, and your run of the mill general adventuring. Despite this "outdoors experience", I am under no illusion that I have any skill set higher than a complete novice. When time permits, I am looking to go to an offroad driving course to help build my skillset. Some skills I have obtained during my 18 years in the Marine Corps include navigation, medical care, and all-around adaptability will most likely prove to be beneficial in my future adventures.

For my family, Overlanding started about 5-6 months ago when my wife and I took a random trip to Anza Borrego to view the comet that was passing through. At that time all I had was a cooler and an air mattress but I was hooked! I forgot how much I missed the desert and my wife loved being in the outdoors. Since then I have been researching and picking up items here and there that I feel I would like to have in order to get out to where I want to go. One of the great things I've noticed about Overlanding is that I don't need much to get started, I just need some stuff to go further. I'm happy to be a part of this community and I look forward to meeting many people enjoying the same thirst for adventure.

-Jeff C.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

HangLoose4R

Rank III

Contributor II

Georgia, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Lester
Hello all, My name is Jeremy. I am from the Middle GA area and mainly travel in the southeast at the moment. I drive the 5th gen 4runner attached below. I have been traveling and exploring since I was 16 and able to drive. I look forward to getting to know you guys and maybe meeting some of you in the future. Cheers!

Attachments

2A_Overland

Rank I

Traveler I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Gauthier
Member #

Hello everybody! My names James and me, my wife and our dog have been exploring/off-roading/overlanding for a couple years now. Our rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ named Victoria lol. We’re located in Mesa, Arizona and are looking forward to meeting likeminded people that wanna see everything that nature has to offer but also keep it clean for future generations.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everybody! My names James and me, my wife and our dog have been exploring/off-roading/overlanding for a couple years now. Our rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ named Victoria lol. We’re located in Mesa, Arizona and are looking forward to meeting likeminded people that wanna see everything that nature has to offer but also keep it clean for future generations.
Welcome to Overland Bound James
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@2A_Overland ) welcome from Oklahoma and another XJ owner.
Kent covered my typical links but I will note that prior to the pandemic there was a regular meet up in the Gilbert area. When things return to some form of normalcy hopefully they will get started again so keep an eye out for future info.
Let me know if you have any questions and if you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, My name is Jeremy. I am from the Middle GA area and mainly travel in the southeast at the moment. I drive the 5th gen 4runner attached below. I have been traveling and exploring since I was 16 and able to drive. I look forward to getting to know you guys and maybe meeting some of you in the future. Cheers!
Welcome To Overland Bound Jeremy.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u & @Hank Outdoors

TylerMcLuen

Rank I

Contributor I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
McLuen
Member #

Hey everyone! My name is Tyler McLuen. I’m 20 years old and I live in Phoenix Arizona. I’m a desert rat! I drive a 2000 Toyota 4Runner and I love it! I love the desert and exploring it. It’s under appreciated in my opinion, and it’s full of creatures and plants that are more than cool. I have a decent community of off-roaders here in Phoenix but not many “overlanders” as I am. I can’t wait to meet some new people to overland with! F47C88FF-1397-4E25-9931-DEE286D79770.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tyler (@TylerMcLuen ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We had regular meet ups in Gilbert before the world went to hell, hopefully those will start up again once we come out of this so keep an eye out for future info.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
My name is Jeff C. and I currently live in San Diego, California.

I drive a 2015 Silverado Z71 with a 2" leveling kit and 33" KO2. Outside of that, I have not done any other modifications to the truck. Next week I am excited to install a Max Modular 14" Bedrack, Tuff Stuff Ranger 3 Tent, and what seems to be an "overland pros" 270 batwing awning (bought it off craigslist for a heck of a deal). I also have a Smittybuilt 12000 lb winch (tow hitch mount), traction boards, and a 12V air compressor. I specifically bought things I could take off my truck because of my work commute (77 miles a day). I may even change to one of the new V6 Diesel (GMC/RAM) or hybrid gladiator one day. The ultimate goal, however, is to be able to drive to and from work with my truck while still being able to go on Overlanding adventures to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

I am a complete novice with Overlanding, but I grew up in North Texas camping, hunting, fishing, off-roading, and your run of the mill general adventuring. Despite this "outdoors experience", I am under no illusion that I have any skill set higher than a complete novice. When time permits, I am looking to go to an offroad driving course to help build my skillset. Some skills I have obtained during my 18 years in the Marine Corps include navigation, medical care, and all-around adaptability will most likely prove to be beneficial in my future adventures.

For my family, Overlanding started about 5-6 months ago when my wife and I took a random trip to Anza Borrego to view the comet that was passing through. At that time all I had was a cooler and an air mattress but I was hooked! I forgot how much I missed the desert and my wife loved being in the outdoors. Since then I have been researching and picking up items here and there that I feel I would like to have in order to get out to where I want to go. One of the great things I've noticed about Overlanding is that I don't need much to get started, I just need some stuff to go further. I'm happy to be a part of this community and I look forward to meeting many people enjoying the same thirst for adventure.

-Jeff C.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeff.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: ConnorBoh

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name is Tyler McLuen. I’m 20 years old and I live in Phoenix Arizona. I’m a desert rat! I drive a 2000 Toyota 4Runner and I love it! I love the desert and exploring it. It’s under appreciated in my opinion, and it’s full of creatures and plants that are more than cool. I have a decent community of off-roaders here in Phoenix but not many “overlanders” as I am. I can’t wait to meet some new people to overland with! View attachment 178819
Welcome to Overland Bound Tyler.
Great looking 4Runner.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: ConnorBoh