Rank 0

Contributor I

Newnan GA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Salgado
2020 Taco Backend, 2020 Taco Front

Hello Fellow Overlanders. evasyar here. I hope to contribute if I can, seek knowledge and enjoy the stay here.
Experience: Total rook! 0 knowledge on off road'ing nor overlanding.
Ride: DD 2020 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4X4 Off Road (bone stock I just got it 1 week ago today)
I hope to overland soon with wifey and 3 dogs. I hope to re-gear to perhaps 4.88 maybe 5.29 soon.
I look forward to having conversations with members here. Good day!

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I just joined last week and look forward to slapping the Overland Bound medallion on my YJ when it arrives later today.

I'm on the wrong side of middle agedom, family man, a veteran with gallows humor, charmingly obnoxious (debatable), and based out of the Columbia Basin, Eastern Washington.

My vehicle is a 1991 Jeep Yj w/ 4.0 and three-speed automatic. Like all offroading/expedition vehicles, the project is never "done" and I keep plugging away at it. The build is geared more towards expedition than wheeling, but I do plan on upgrading the rear axle, installing lockers, and putting some 35s on it to tackle some trails like the Rubicon.

I'm a lifelong outdoorsman but new to Overlanding. One of my Backpacking buddies and I are going out once or twice per month and learning as we go. We plan on driving the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route next summer and taking a couple months to meander up to Deadhorse when I retire in a little less than two years.

My other passions include backpacking, photography, traveling, spending time with my family, and interrupting conversations to show people pictures of whatever upgrade I made to my Jeep that week.

Thanks for having me.

Last edited:

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I just joined last week and look forward to slapping the Overland Bound medallion on my YJ when it arrives later today.

I'm on the wrong side of middle agedom, family man, a veteran with gallows humor, charmingly obnoxious (debatable), and based out of the Columbia Basin, Eastern Washington.

My vehicle is a 1991 Jeep Yj w/ 4.0 and three-speed automatic. Like all offroading/expedition vehicles, the project is never "done" and I keep plugging away at it. The build is geared more towards expedition than wheeling, but I do plan on upgrading the rear axle, installing lockers, and putting some 35s on it to tackle some trails like the Rubicon.

I'm a lifelong outdoorsman but new to Overlanding. One of my Backpacking buddies and I are going out once or twice per month and learning as we go. We plan on driving the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route next summer and taking a couple months to meander up to Deadhorse when I retire in a little less than two years.

My other passions include backpacking, photography, traveling, spending time with my family, and interrupting conversations to show people pictures of whatever upgrade I made to my Jeep that week.

Thanks for having me.
1604954988201.png
Welcome, Ian.

Kimmie

Rank I

Traveler I

Florida, USA
First Name
Kimmie
Last Name
Alexandre
Member #

Hi everyone! A little introduction below:

RAV41.jpg
Name: Kimmie
Rig: 2020 RAV4 Hybrid (Sassy) Who happens to be getting some new shoes this week!
Experience: Newbie- Total nature- loving photographer and hubby and I are Overlanding nerds! :grinning:

Sauer200

Rank I

Member I

Norway
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Dovle
Member #

Hi, Hans from Norway here. Driving a 2015 F150 4x4 Lariat. Equipped with Fox 2” lifting kit and 20” rims with BF K2 285/55/20 at the moment. Been an outdoorsman for many years but just last two years with my Ford and roof tent. It’s rather addicting:-) Looking for forward to read and learn a lot in this forum.
Hans31A26F65-4E71-41BE-8778-250605ABEE34.jpeg41B39CD0-A09C-4AFB-ACEF-C9435EF71BDA.jpeg

JMD23

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
JohnMark
Last Name
Dolde
Member #

How wide is your RTT? I'm Looking to get one but still debating if I'm going for roofnest or CVT.
Open or closed measurement? I have a CVT Denali and I love it! It's very big

Oh I see. I'm actually looking at the CVT Mt. Hood. They have the medium and large size. I have the 4runner so I might just go with the medium size.

Reactions: Lil Bear and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Thanks for having me.
Hello Ian , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Lastly, we have a monthly conference call on the third Sunday of the month starting November 15th, 2020 at 19:30 hours Pacific Time. I encourage everyone to participate in these calls as we mentor each other on various topics. November we are discussing Portable Power options.

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call

Go check in to the Tri-Cities Club House, a lot of friendly conversations and off the books meetups happening on that thread.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome Daniel and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ

Thanks for having me.
Hey Ian.

Welcome to the crew!

I am excited about your BDR trip next year. I was going to run it this summer but things got weird.

Not sure where you are located but i look forward to meeting you some day.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Another new guy here. Just got into it all, I built my rack for my f150 and threw a FSR tent up top. I’m currently in a trip, I left Upper MI and made my way down to SC and now I’m slowly headed back. So far the setup is perfect.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Sounds like a great shake down adventure.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Hans from Norway here. Driving a 2015 F150 4x4 Lariat. Equipped with Fox 2” lifting kit and 20” rims with BF K2 285/55/20 at the moment. Been an outdoorsman for many years but just last two years with my Ford and roof tent. It’s rather addicting:-) Looking for forward to read and learn a lot in this forum.
HansView attachment 176270View attachment 176271
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @WalkaboutKiwi
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! A little introduction below:

View attachment 176268
Name: Kimmie
Rig: 2020 RAV4 Hybrid (Sassy) Who happens to be getting some new shoes this week!
Experience: Newbie- Total nature- loving photographer and hubby and I are Overlanding nerds! :grinning:
Welcome To Overland Bound Kimmie
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Thanks for having me.
You might want to narrow down you location a bit so members know the general area you are located. This will help with getting information about meet-ups and trips.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Lothar

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2020 Taco Backend, 2020 Taco Front

Hello Fellow Overlanders. evasyar here. I hope to contribute if I can, seek knowledge and enjoy the stay here.
Experience: Total rook! 0 knowledge on off road'ing nor overlanding.
Ride: DD 2020 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4X4 Off Road (bone stock I just got it 1 week ago today)
I hope to overland soon with wifey and 3 dogs. I hope to re-gear to perhaps 4.88 maybe 5.29 soon.
I look forward to having conversations with members here. Good day!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Reactions: Kimmie

ArcticAndy

Rank I

Contributor III

Michigan, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Ansorge
Hey everyone! Just started out on this overland adventure with my 2012 Jeep Liberty. Ive got him set up as a car camping rig right now, sleeping inside the back. Big plan is to head to the arctic circle, hence the username! Right now im stuck to the concrete sprawl of southeast michigan, but the potholes and dirt roads help me feel a little more excitement.

Glad to be here!

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Hey everyone! Just started out on this overland adventure with my 2012 Jeep Liberty. Ive got him set up as a car camping rig right now, sleeping inside the back. Big plan is to head to the arctic circle, hence the username!

Glad to be here!
Awesome and welcome aboard! Keep all hands and feet inside this ride at all times! :tearsofjoy: No seriously, welcome and that artic circle trip sounds like a really COOL adventure!

Reactions: Kent R

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Howdy Folks, New to the Crew!

Been pestered on the trail constantly to join, finally the sheer numbers got me! So here I am. Ready to tear it up (figuratively speaking, I keep on the trails and pick up trash)

I rock at 2018 Ram Power Wagon with the AT Habitat being the attention getter. Currently on 35s with plans to goto 40's because everyone else is doing it and I just want to be cool! Rock Sliders, diff armor, and skid plates, and low IQ let me take this full size battleship on a lot of trails I probably shouldn't.

Lots to build out on the rig, have the king shocks in my garage, now just need some time haha! Its a constant work in progress like many.

Love to adventure!

See ya all out on the trail!

Attachments