Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello! I am excited to join this adventurous community. I drive a 2014 FJ Cruiser, and have just started the process of getting it kitted out for camping and overlanding, both with my family and further photographic adventures without. I live in Leesburg, Virginia, but grew up learning about off-roading all over the Southwest in my first vehicle, a 1946 Willys CJ-2A. Retired military / helicopter pilot, so I know how to get into plenty of trouble. :wink:
View attachment 171226
Hello Buzz, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Wasup Eveyone!!

Been over landing with our 19 Crosstrek since we got it in 2018. Been to snow, mud, sand, all the good stuff. Love our rooftop tent setup and out simple build. Usually stay out for 2-3 nights.

Also have a 01 H1 but it’s babied
Hello Ramandeep, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all, thanks for the add, just sent for my member badges for my truck. While a new member I’ve been overlanding for several years. Built several different rigs from a 1975 Ford F-350 highboy to a 1998 jeep zj 5.9l to my latest Dailey driver 2012 ram 1500 outdoorsman with king suspension. My back ground is a licensed automotive mechanic and recently added heavyduty on and off-road license aswell. I love to fabricate and weld most of my stuff, time permitting as I don’t get much to myself these days with work. My wife and I love to take off to the the Canadian Rockies when ever we can, living 2 hours from Banff and jasper is a huge bonus. Especially coming from the boring flat tip of southern Ontario.
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everybody!

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
See below. A clean platform to build-out.
2) Location:
I'm from the 1st. state
3) Rig
2015 Jeep JKU Sahara
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
4) Overlanding Experience Background
I will say that I'm a novice, over the past 3 years I have been a weekend overlander warrior. I have been wandering around the East Coast but starting on Sep 29th I'm Westbound. View attachment 171402
Hello Patirick, welcome to the OB community.

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

Howdy from Central Texas

Excited about finding this organization. Used to be a Jeeper (still am at heart), but my travel requirements were just a bit much for my 89 YJ. So sold it and dumping the money into my 2007 Ford Expedition (2WD unfortunately for now) aka “Elmo”.

There have been many mods on Elmo with more to come. Biggest one right now is waiting on delivery of my Ironbull Defender 4 bumper which I will equip with a Smittybilt X20 12K winch.

On the list as well is potential for 4WD conversion and diesel conversion.

Pictures will follow once email the bumper and winch are installed.

In the meantime, got these in the mail today.

Retired Marine and been outside most of my life. So, this org seems right up my alley.

Looking forward to learning and participating.

#adventureisnecessary
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community, and thank you for your service.
An honor and privilege to serve. Looking forward to new adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New OB member this week and just getting started Overlanding. Building a 2010 Honda Element- love it so far! I live in NC and there are tons of places to go in the mountains around here.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
Just getting started on overland, got a ways to go but this is my daily drive as well as my play ride. Hoping to build a more capable rig soon. I live just north west of Atlanta, Ga. in Dallas, ga.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone I’m a new member from Brazil since today.
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the member map to find other members in your area. I have had contact with several members in Brazil who are interested in meet-up.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sup Fam,

My name is Deyon. I'm new to overlanding and camping in general. The crowds I rolled with never talked about this stuff. Happy to be here. I'm slowly acquiring the knowledge and equipment to take on adventures.

The most exciting part of all of this is that I'm closing in on the end of a messy divorce ending a messy toxic marriage of 17 years. My ex was violent, controlling, demeaning, and judgmental. Ending that relationship means that I now get to spend my time, energy and resources where I choose to. That means fun stuff like this. The contrast between then and now is pretty drastic.

I've sold our Denver Colorado home and I'm now on the road. Recently, I've been hanging out between SC (Mount Pleasant) and GA (Savannah/Pooler).

My rig is a stock Black 2017 RAM 1500. Got it used about a year ago.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Reactions: Logansrun01

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

New OB member this week and just getting started Overlanding. Building a 2010 Honda Element- love it so far! I live in NC and there are tons of places to go in the mountains around here.
Hey Jet,
Welcome to Overland Bound! I am in the Southeast Charlotte area. We are hopefully going to be doing some trail riding and cold weather camping in a month in Uwharrie. Keep an eye out for an announcement and Rally Point invite. Feel free to message me if you ever need anything!

Happy Trails!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone! I am about as new to this as you can get. Yes, I've gone camping now and then and though I really enjoy it I definitely have a lot to learn. I currently own a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4wd long bed. Edit: Forgot to add that I live in socal/OC.
Hello Art. welcome to the OB community. There is a lot of great information on the forums that will help you learn but there's no substitute for going out and experiencing it. You live in a great area for other OB members and I'm sure you will find lots of them willing to go out with you and help you with hands on learning.

Sam wheel man

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Wheeler
Hey there!
New to this forum and fairly new to overlanding
Skill level: novice
Rig: I'm actually in highschool and looking to buy my first rig. I started a forum if anyone would take a look I'd really appreciate it.
Just happy to be here!

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Boise idaho. I've been in Idaho 50 years and know it fairly well. I have a lot of experience off-road.
Main rig is a suburban but have a couple of xjs.
Welcome Doug,
I am the Northwest Director, @David H is your closest Member Representative (also in Boise). Check out the Members Maps to contact members close to you (don’t be suprised if you find over 300 members from the “Treasure Valley”). Keep an eye on the Rally Points for meetups and adventures near you and throughout the northwest. Last point of interest is Overland Bound By Region<North America < US Northwest. We have quite a community growing throughout the Northwest.
Next Month, I will be starting a monthly Conference Call to discuss Overlanding related topics.
I see you are a Amateur Radio Operator. Be sure to check into the Friday Night Ham Night at 4:30 pm Mountain Time. Also you can find me every night of the week at 6:00 pm on the www.SSRA.Net EchoLink node. I host the social hour on Tuesdays until later this month when I will be switching to Saturdays.

I look forward to seeing you on the trails and hearing you on the air.

KJ7MFV
Mike Rose
Overland Bound Director

SSRA.net Oregon Director

Appathe80

Rank II

Contributor III

94544 California Avenue, San Leandro, CA, United States
First Name
Vicente
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Hello everyone,
I go by Vince because most ppl can't correctly pronounce fist name ahaha. I'm currently located in Hayward, CA. I've been camping all my life but new to Overlanding but like most of you I assume, I got hooked quickly and own two rigs now. My fist is a 95' 4runner and my second is my 96' LX450. My girlfriend and I are excited to learn and explore.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I go by Vince because most ppl can't correctly pronounce fist name ahaha. I'm currently located in Hayward, CA. I've been camping all my life but new to Overlanding but like most of you I assume, I got hooked quickly and own two rigs now. My fist is a 95' 4runner and my second is my 96' LX450. My girlfriend and I are excited to learn and explore.
Welcome to Overland Bound Vince.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Tri-Valley Livermore CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there!
New to this forum and fairly new to overlanding
Skill level: novice
Rig: I'm actually in highschool and looking to buy my first rig. I started a forum if anyone would take a look I'd really appreciate it.
Just happy to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland