Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

New to the sight and to overlanding. My name is Adrian, and I just bought a 2017 4runner. I live in Lindsay which is in central cali. No mods yet, but that should be changing shortly. I currently do backpacking and fly fishing and wanted to add overlanding to that outdoors list. Hope to learn quite a bit on here.

Vikingman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lake Elsinore, California, United States
First Name
Joran
Last Name
Ohnstad
Member #

Hey all Joran here. I've done a bunch of motorcycle camping with my Goldwing and just getting into this with my '19 F-150 supercrew. I'm out here in redneck wine country known as Temecula in California. Still building her up as she's also my daily driver with work. Still making up my mind of ground tent/swag vs RTT. I'll be putting on a kb voodoo modular bed rack once it comes in but boy does the V8 sound great

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
From Southern Oregon and newer to overlanding by greatly enjoying it and have been wanting to start for awhile but Covid was just the push I needed. My rig is a 2020 Ram 2500 with a Cummins I’m building up. Full size diesel is required with my work and I can’t help but love these things.
Hello Micah, welcome to the OB community. It's great to have you as part of our region. It looks like you have outfitted your truck pretty well already and it looks good. I see that Mike Rose has already let you know that I am the Southern Oregon Members rep and I am here to help in any way I can with questions, suggestions, information, or what ever. I'm sure you have already done some of this but I encourage you to peruse the forums, of which there are many, and read through our core principles. I am hoping to put together a meet up soon so you will be notified when that is going to happen. If you ever have any questions, suggestions, etc,, you can contact me at #Big G.

tbjers

Rank III

Influencer II

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Torgny
Last Name
Bjers
Member #

Hey everyone! From Charlotte, NC. Totally new to overlanding! Have been wanting to get into it for quite some time now, and finally took the leap by adopting a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport. He's a good boy. I didn't get the offroad package because it was a bit out of my reach. I'll be installing a Retrax Pro XR, a bull bar, and trying to find the Yakima Overhaul HD anywhere is proving difficult. A lot of manufacturers have been affected by the human malware it seems. I'm looking at getting a hard clamshell RTT. Recommendations appreciated! I don't have anywhere to put a soft cover tent. This guy will be my daily vehicle, so everything needs to be locked down.

IMG_0672.jpeg

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Hey everyone! From Charlotte, NC. Totally new to overlanding! Have been wanting to get into it for quite some time now, and finally took the leap by adopting a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport. He's a good boy. I didn't get the offroad package because it was a bit out of my reach. I'll be installing a Retrax Pro XR, a bull bar, and trying to find the Yakima Overhaul HD anywhere is proving difficult. A lot of manufacturers have been affected by the human malware it seems. I'm looking at getting a hard clamshell RTT. Recommendations appreciated! I don't have anywhere to put a soft cover tent. This guy will be my daily vehicle, so everything needs to be locked down.
welcome, torgny
sounds like a nice ride to me. i go all over in a stock tundra with a level kit with no problems. we go to maggie valley, nc a good bit and love north georgia, so you are in a good spot and should be able to find a lot fairly close by. be sure to post pics of your trips so rest of us can check out your neck of the woods

Reactions: Kent R and tbjers

tbjers

Rank III

Influencer II

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Torgny
Last Name
Bjers
Member #

welcome, torgny
sounds like a nice ride to me. i go all over in a stock tundra with a level kit with no problems. we go to maggie valley, nc a good bit and love north georgia, so you are in a good spot and should be able to find a lot fairly close by. be sure to post pics of your trips so rest of us can check out your neck of the woods
Thank you! I'll be sure to post some pictures. I'm currently doing research on map tools and things like that to plan outings/trips. So many things to learn.

Reactions: Kent R and grubworm

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

From Southern Oregon and newer to overlanding by greatly enjoying it and have been wanting to start for awhile but Covid was just the push I needed. My rig is a 2020 Ram 2500 with a Cummins I’m building up. Full size diesel is required with my work and I can’t help but love these things.
Look at tuning from calibrated power. its an all emissions in tune that is AMAZING. I've had it in our RAM 2500 and got one for the FOrd F250. amazing guys to work with.

Reactions: Kent R

Squidhunter

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Chico, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Forbes
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm Robert and a new member here.

I'm slowly getting into 4-wheel adventuring after many years of motorcycle adventures. I currently have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, completely stock with the exception of decent AT tires. I've found it to be a decently capable truck, despite being two-wheel drive. However, my next truck will be heavily biased towards off-road ability. Right now, my adventures consist of family camping trips with the trailer, exploring local forest service roads and backroads. IMG_1435.jpgIMG_8160.jpgIMG_6853.jpg

Alito Islas

Rank III

Explorer I

Torreón, Coah., México
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
Islas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
FNA1426
Hi, I'm brand new here.
My name is Alejandro but everybody calls me Alito.
Rig: Cherokee Sport 1997 Jeep
Experience: Novice (experienced in my town, rookie worldwide)

Attachments

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

Look at tuning from calibrated power. its an all emissions in tune that is AMAZING. I've had it in our RAM 2500 and got one for the FOrd F250. amazing guys to work with.
Appreciate the advice I’ll do that! I want to delete it honestly and almost did on my 19 before it was totaled since I had a issue with the Def system

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

Hello Micah, welcome to the OB community. It's great to have you as part of our region. It looks like you have outfitted your truck pretty well already and it looks good. I see that Mike Rose has already let you know that I am the Southern Oregon Members rep and I am here to help in any way I can with questions, suggestions, information, or what ever. I'm sure you have already done some of this but I encourage you to peruse the forums, of which there are many, and read through our core principles. I am hoping to put together a meet up soon so you will be notified when that is going to happen. If you ever have any questions, suggestions, etc,, you can contact me at #Big G.
I appreciate it man! Main reason i got it outfitted so fast is when someone totaled my 19 ram they gave me more than I payed for it so I just reinvested it into gear. I’ll have bumper and winch here soon once it arrives and gets paint. Only bad part of having a nice truck is It hurts when the trail scratches it lol.

I’ll be looking forward to a meetup whenever that happens.

Reactions: Kent R and Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I appreciate it man! Main reason i got it outfitted so fast is when someone totaled my 19 ram they gave me more than I payed for it so I just reinvested it into gear. I’ll have bumper and winch here soon once it arrives and gets paint. Only bad part of having a nice truck is It hurts when the trail scratches it lol.

I’ll be looking forward to a meetup whenever that happens.
I hear you on the scratches but I drive a 88 Silverado so I don't worry much about that.:laughing:

ScottInVA

Rank I

Contributor I

Alexandria, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Litvinoff
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AD5PC
Hey, my name is Scott and I'm new here and to overlanding. But I've done a lot of long-distance road-tripping the last several years, and I love getting off the beaten path and seeing remote places most people never see.

Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner Offroad Premium w/KDSS - my daily driver that I'd also like to make a very capable offroad vehicle
Mods so far: Cooper ST MAXX 275/70R17

Mods I intend to make ASAP: RCI rock sliders, CBI front and rear steel skid plates, Front Runner full-length rack
Mods I intend to make soon: 2.5 - 3" lift (I'm thinking a Bilstein 6112/5160 setup with JBA UCAs)
Later: 33" - 34" tires (thinking 8.5" rims and either 285/70R17 for 33s or 295/70R17 or 285/75R17 for 34s)

My wife and I are hoping to find some good offroad trails in our area to get some more off-road experience, and some good overlanding trails within a few hours drive to get started on the journey.

Rudy.AL4Runner

Rank II

Traveler III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Argueta
Member #

Hey everyone, I've just traded in my old rav4 for a 2020 4Runner sr5. Over the past few years I've gotten more into hiking and would like to dive into the world of Overlanding. I am in Richmond, VA and would like to learn about trails around central VA and and Shenandoah.
Rig: Stock 2020 4Runner Sr5
No experience overlanding, besides learning how to drive some super old tacoma in Honduras where basically all roads are considered off-road.
no mods yet. I am currently researching different options and I am also open to any and all suggestions the community has to offer!IMG_2069.jpg

ScottInVA

Rank I

Contributor I

Alexandria, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Litvinoff
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AD5PC
Hey everyone, I've just traded in my old rav4 for a 2020 4Runner sr5. Over the past few years I've gotten more into hiking and would like to dive into the world of Overlanding. I am in Richmond, VA and would like to learn about trails around central VA and and Shenandoah.
Rig: Stock 2020 4Runner Sr5
No experience overlanding, besides learning how to drive some super old tacoma in Honduras where basically all roads are considered off-road.
no mods yet. I am currently researching different options and I am also open to any and all suggestions the community has to offer!View attachment 166426
Hey Rudy-
I'd love to find some good trails in the Richmond / Central VA / Shenandoah / Blue Ridge area, too. Let me know if you find anything good.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Appreciate the advice I’ll do that! I want to delete it honestly and almost did on my 19 before it was totaled since I had a issue with the Def system
Don't delete! Nick P has this all figured out... and some of best to work with. The 6.7 cummins is solid... the trans ?? well that's a different story. but they have built trans available now. I'm considering doing a 2500 mega cab as an overlander... ram box.. etc... but the cost of trucks keeps me staying in the one that's about paid for. lol its only got 50k on the clock.. and is two years old... so... its hard to justify.. yet. lol

Contributor I

Ohio
First Name
Diana
Last Name
Silvis
Hello everyone,
my name is Diana. I will hopefully be able to post a picture very soon. I pick up my 2016 wrangler tomorrow. I would say that I am a beginner/have a strong general knowledge. I am looking forward to learning more and sharing what I have found.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

Don't delete! Nick P has this all figured out... and some of best to work with. The 6.7 cummins is solid... the trans ?? well that's a different story. but they have built trans available now. I'm considering doing a 2500 mega cab as an overlander... ram box.. etc... but the cost of trucks keeps me staying in the one that's about paid for. lol its only got 50k on the clock.. and is two years old... so... its hard to justify.. yet. lol
Yeah rams are amazing but they are not cheap at all. I wouldn’t own this one if it wasn’t a write off and I didn’t need it for my company but I do so I will gladly enjoy it lol.

TomasOC

Rank III

Contributor III

Vancouver Island
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
O Ciosain
Member #

Tom here, live on Vancouver Island
Drive a 2006 F250 XL extended cab short box.
5.4 3 valve gas motor, manual transmission.
Also a 2005 Subaru forester XT
2.5 turbo with an auto trans. The daily driver for the better half.

We get out camping and doing road trips every chance we get. Always looking to learn and refine out set up, but mostly to just get out there and enjoy ourselves around a fire

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77