Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Flores
Welcome to Overland Bound Paul
The Northwest Director is @M Rose, Mike can set you up with the closest Member Representative to you.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Hello @M Rose, I have already been able to get in touch with a few locals and am working my way to growing that.

Thank you very much,

Paul

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello OBers!

It is a pleasure to meet you all! (digitally at least :blush:) I am pretty new to the whole overlanding lifestyle, I have been interested in a while but things in my life have finally gotten to a good place where I can start exploring this lifestyle. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, didn't get much of an opportunity to explore the outdoors growing up, but the few times I was able to, I knew it was for me and that I wanted to do it more in my life. Fast-forward 30 some years and I found myself in the PNW (Pacific North West) with the desire and recently means to explore the wild through "Vehicle Dependent Travel". For the last 13yrs I have owned a Honda Element, and It has treated me well (and I have tried to reciprocate the gesture), alas for all the capabilities that the Element offered, it was quite obvious that it had strong limitations. I thought about investing money to help overcome/mitigate some of this obstacles, but as sat down to do the math and crunch the numbers, in the end the Element was just not the right platform for what I was trying to get into. Enter my new pride and joy! I recently was able to purchase my dream vehicle, something that even as a kid where I knew nothing about vehicles, I knew I loved these trucks, the Land Cruisers.

There are so many questions I want to ask, and things that I need to learn. I have started my way through the "New Members" section, and have begun training on "Tread Lightly" I am all about responsible overlanding and leaving it better then you found it, so I'd like to learn from the start and try my best to not build bad habits, and pass the knowledge along. I will do my best to have my questions grouped by similar topics so as to not "vommit" questions all over the forums. I will also look to see what is proper etatkit as to asking questions and where are the appropriate forums for that, so apologies in advance if I get something wrong :sweatsmile:.

2) Pacific North West (PNW)/ Tacoma to be specific
3) 1993 Land Cruiser Turbo Diesel VX Limited
4) Little to no overlanding experience.

1)View attachment 165523

What would be a tremendous help, is if there is any other members out there with a JDM import LC. I was fortunate to get several service records and some manuals with the truck, unfortunately my Japanese is not that good :grin:, fortunately in this incredible digital age I am able to use google to do much of the translating. Alas, that has only gotten me so far, and I would love to pick the brain of a fellow JDM LC so I can learn my rig better before even thinking about hitting the trail.

I will be getting a paid membership soon, the recent purchase of my baby has left me a little light in the wallet department, lol! But isn't there a 4x4 saying out there, something along the lines of "Slow and steady wins the race"? That's my plan at least. Sorry if this was an overly long intro and my apologies if I missed anything. Looking forward to growing and learning. ADVENTURE IS NECESSARY!!

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. Shout out to Michael (Member #0000) I have learned so much from your youtube videos, keep the great content coming!!
Welcome from North of Seattle! You can never ask too many questions! Feel free to DM me if you have anymore!

Nice LC. Love the look. And I wish you luck with the build.

Our region usually has quite a few events around, but COVID has unfortunately shut those down.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Pulaski Overland on IG

Reactions: Kent R

CoolBeans

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Beane
Hey guys! I'm finally getting set up on the forum here although I've followed OLB for a while now.

Here's the rundown:

I built this 01 Cherokee over the last year. I bought it with dead motor ( seized / rod through a piston ) in 2WD, but the interior was nearly perfect. After a month of raiding pick n pull during lunch, facebook marketplace, and a couple of expensive Amazon orders, me and another engineer buddy of mine finally did the the whole engine / 4WD conversion over a very tiring week last summer. It was rough but it worked like a champ (the Dirt Every Day guys would be proud). Since then, we fabbed up a much nicer long-arm suspension setup and I got all the little things mostly worked out (AC, radio, headliner, wobbly center console).

I "finished" the jeep right as the COVID thing started, which gave me an excellent excuse to go exploring. I've taken it out at least a half-dozen times in the last couple months and haven't had any big problems yet. Next up is HAM license / radio, cooling upgrades, and some bumpers / armor I've got designed but it's been too hot to work on.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys out there soon!

IMG_20200328_132630.jpg
IMG_20200328_192908.jpg
IMG_20200627_142751.jpg

TerraCon

Rank I

Member I

Huntington Beach, California, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kirkwood
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WOC
All,
Just joined after along time of looking at it..

Handle is TerraCon (More on that later), Name is Jeff. Currently in a 2014 Nissan Xterra, Pro 4 x. Its one of the more capable vehicles I have ever had. Ummmmm oh yeah. Orange County, Ca... Picture is from her maiden voyage to the reward mine!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
All,
Just joined after along time of looking at it..

Handle is TerraCon (More on that later), Name is Jeff. Currently in a 2014 Nissan Xterra, Pro 4 x. Its one of the more capable vehicles I have ever had. Ummmmm oh yeah. Orange County, Ca... Picture is from her maiden voyage to the reward mine!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeff.
Thats a great place for a maiden voyage.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! I'm finally getting set up on the forum here although I've followed OLB for a while now.

Here's the rundown:

I built this 01 Cherokee over the last year. I bought it with dead motor ( seized / rod through a piston ) in 2WD, but the interior was nearly perfect. After a month of raiding pick n pull during lunch, facebook marketplace, and a couple of expensive Amazon orders, me and another engineer buddy of mine finally did the the whole engine / 4WD conversion over a very tiring week last summer. It was rough but it worked like a champ (the Dirt Every Day guys would be proud). Since then, we fabbed up a much nicer long-arm suspension setup and I got all the little things mostly worked out (AC, radio, headliner, wobbly center console).

I "finished" the jeep right as the COVID thing started, which gave me an excellent excuse to go exploring. I've taken it out at least a half-dozen times in the last couple months and haven't had any big problems yet. Next up is HAM license / radio, cooling upgrades, and some bumpers / armor I've got designed but it's been too hot to work on.

View attachment 165693
View attachment 165692
View attachment 165694
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There are several meet-ups in the Sac area if you are interested;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-overlanders-monthly-olb-meet-up-meeting.19941/
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-elk-grove-ca-meetup.27897/
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Here's the rundown:

View attachment 165693
View attachment 165692
View attachment 165694
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There are several meet-ups in the Sac area if you are interested;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-elk-grove-ca-meetup.27897/
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to All,
New member from Alberta Canada.
I have a bit of experience building rigs from jeeps to full size broncos at present I am driving a 2017 Ram 1500 limited, but am waiting for the new bronco to come to start my next build.
Looking forward to meeting you all on the trail!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl & @Sandpoint Steve
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! My name is Danielle but everyone calls me Yelie I live in Wyoming and love to camp and get out to the mountains as much as possible. We had a Dodge Rebel that was great for hauling all our gear but my hubby started commuting and ended up trading it in for a car instead. Now I have ordered the new 2021 Bronco and can’t wait to get it out on the trails! My kids are teenagers and are fairly close to being out of the house so I am interested in the Overlanding concept of less is more and taking just our rig and getting out into nature more!
Welcome to Overland Bound Danielle
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @WyOverland & @the_runn4r

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi everyone! My name is Danielle but everyone calls me Yelie I live in Wyoming and love to camp and get out to the mountains as much as possible. We had a Dodge Rebel that was great for hauling all our gear but my hubby started commuting and ended up trading it in for a car instead. Now I have ordered the new 2021 Bronco and can’t wait to get it out on the trails! My kids are teenagers and are fairly close to being out of the house so I am interested in the Overlanding concept of less is more and taking just our rig and getting out into nature more!
Hi and welcome from Denver, Yelie!
Can't wait to see the new Bronco in action. Which trim did you order?

viper51s

Rank I

Member I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hi all, new member from Columbus Ohio here. I've been following Overland Bound for quite a while (actually took a 5 day overlanding trip at Oracoke Island, NC based on form posts earlier this year) and decided to join up.

I've been building out my 2016 Tacoma TRD OffRoad for about a year now for overlanding with the family with a few trips on the books. Grabbed a shot of it while airing out the RTT after this weekend's adventure.

IMG_4458.jpg

IG-333

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Big Bay, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
George
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Wesley George of The Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, Canada.

I just recently got my badges on the truck! I am member #23617
Me Hummer H2.jpgMe Overland Bound 23617.jpg
I am the proud new owner of a big ole 2004 Hummer H2. She's mighty nimble for ~6,400 lbs of mountain trail crawling glory! She's the beauty forest Sage Green paint job, mainly stock powered by the gasoline Vortec 6.0L - (364²") V8, ~20.1L of Brachiosaurus juice per 100km of level highway travel speeds. That's ~13 mpg highway. The only mods would be it had it's rear airbag pumps taken out and big springs put in the back with Rough Country shocks. Also the original tires are replaced with aggressive 35" Firestone Destination MT/2 on the original H2 rims. (Will be getting steel rims.) Oh and my oil cooler has been cut from the circuit because it was leaking real bad. (Going to eventually have it reattached.) The transmission slips and drop out if I hit it hard, but the olde 4L65E still works. I'd like to one day sooner than later to put in the 4L85E or even a heavy Allison.

I've been exploring the backcountry trails of the Bruce Peninsula all my life. Now that I've got a the truck I want to properly outfit it and turn it into an even more serious overlanding machine. Dependable and as useful as possible. As I'm new to the overlanding community I'd appreciate any advice on my initial upgrades, bumpers, winch and suspension components that would best suit the truck for serious overland travel.

First things first, by the sounds of it from Mike, it would be best if I start with getting some real sliders on the beast.

0. Overland Bound Emblems - #23617 Installed!
1. Fire Extinguisher - Installed
2. Redundant Battery Circuits - Lithium?
3. Air Compressor
4. Sliders - Rocky Road outfitters?
5. Bumpers - Road Armor?
6. Winch - Hydraulic Warn? ~15,000 lbs?
7. Roof Rack - I want the Stealth Gobi roof rack!
8. Heavier Suspension - Longer Travel - Lift?
9. Snorkel
10. ...+...

Anybody have any opinions they'd like to share with me on what the strongest and best designed H2 sliders I can buy? I'm contemplating making my own sliders and bumpers.

All the best to everyone and hope to see you on the trails!"

-Wes

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Uki_Cruising

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Flores
Welcome from North of Seattle! You can never ask too many questions! Feel free to DM me if you have anymore!

Nice LC. Love the look. And I wish you luck with the build.

Our region usually has quite a few events around, but COVID has unfortunately shut those down.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Pulaski Overland on IG

Hello @Gabriel Bozeman!

Thank you for the generous offer! I will def be picking your brain, I'll make sure to gather my thoughts before asking you questions so not to spam you. I plan to build the rig out slowly, but before I can do any of that, there is another project I need to complete, then all the pennies into the build, lol! There are a lot of sacrifices that have been made for Covid, all in the name of good, so I'm not worried about meet ups being postponed. We'll all get through this together and come out better for it. But when events do start to happen please let me know! Pretty sure the rig isn't ready for any kind of technical trails, but would love to get into some FS roads to partake in all the natural beauty that is in this amazing state!

Thanks,

Paul

Uki_Cruising

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Flores
Hi all, new member from Columbus Ohio here. I've been following Overland Bound for quite a while (actually took a 5 day overlanding trip at Oracoke Island, NC based on form posts earlier this year) and decided to join up.

I've been building out my 2016 Tacoma TRD OffRoad for about a year now for overlanding with the family with a few trips on the books. Grabbed a shot of it while airing out the RTT after this weekend's adventure.

View attachment 165791
Welcome from Washington!!

Awesome set up! Ride on!

Paul

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

My name is Wesley George of The Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, Canada.

I just recently got my badges on the truck! I am member #23617
View attachment 165795View attachment 165796
I am the proud new owner of a big ole 2004 Hummer H2. She's mighty nimble for ~6,400 lbs of mountain trail crawling glory! She's the beauty forest Sage Green paint job, mainly stock powered by the gasoline Vortec 6.0L - (364²") V8, ~20.1L of Brachiosaurus juice per 100km of level highway travel speeds. That's ~13 mpg highway. The only mods would be it had it's rear airbag pumps taken out and big springs put in the back with Rough Country shocks. Also the original tires are replaced with aggressive 35" Firestone Destination MT/2 on the original H2 rims. (Will be getting steel rims.) Oh and my oil cooler has been cut from the circuit because it was leaking real bad. (Going to eventually have it reattached.) The transmission slips and drop out if I hit it hard, but the olde 4L65E still works. I'd like to one day sooner than later to put in the 4L85E or even a heavy Allison.

I've been exploring the backcountry trails of the Bruce Peninsula all my life. Now that I've got a the truck I want to properly outfit it and turn it into an even more serious overlanding machine. Dependable and as useful as possible. As I'm new to the overlanding community I'd appreciate any advice on my initial upgrades, bumpers, winch and suspension components that would best suit the truck for serious overland travel.

First things first, by the sounds of it from Mike, it would be best if I start with getting some real sliders on the beast.

0. Overland Bound Emblems - #23617 Installed!
1. Fire Extinguisher - Installed
2. Redundant Battery Circuits - Lithium?
3. Air Compressor
4. Sliders - Rocky Road outfitters?
5. Bumpers - Road Armor?
6. Winch - Hydraulic Warn? ~15,000 lbs?
7. Roof Rack - I want the Stealth Gobi roof rack!
8. Heavier Suspension - Longer Travel - Lift?
9. Snorkel
10. ...+...

Anybody have any opinions they'd like to share with me on what the strongest and best designed H2 sliders I can buy? I'm contemplating making my own sliders and bumpers.

All the best to everyone and hope to see you on the trails!"

-Wes
Welcome to Overland Bound Wesley
Our Canadian Member Representative is @Roam Wild Overland
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: IG-333

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 165791
I need to take better care of my tent like that.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: warren.judge

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member in Eastern Ontario, Canada. Currently own a 2015 Ford F-150 short box which I’m looking at outfitting. See ya out there! Cheers.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Roam Wild Overland
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: warren.judge

warren.judge

Rank 0

Contributor I

Illinois
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Judge
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Black Knight
Thanks for the description for the posts helps me navigate better. Looking forward to learning