Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the forum, discovered it when buying a new tent.
I've done a lot of 4x4 trips mostly the eastern sierras, anza, dv and mojave

1)

2) Socal
3) FZJ80
4) 4x4 camping fan
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

amarino27

Rank 0

Contributor I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Marino
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
no rigth now soon
My Name is Alexander Marino
Miami Fl
Mitsubishi Montero 2003 under construction for overlanding
I have experience in South America / La Gran Sabana Venezuela / Amazonas Brazil / Colombia
I hope to be able to help as well as receive the support of this group.

amarino27

Rank 0

Contributor I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Marino
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
no rigth now soon
To get started in the forum, I want to know all the recommendations that the owners of Mitsubishi Montero 3 generation can give me. I also want your advice or recommendation with the option of the roof tent that I want to buy, of which I have 4 options to make my decision 1) iKamper SKY CAMP 2) Freespirit High Country 80 3) Treeline Redwood Constellation 4) CVT Mt. Denali. And as a final question for today, which rubber do I choose between Cooper The Discoverer® STT PRO ™ or Yokohama GEOLANDAR M / T® G003. Thank you very much Glad to be in this group and God Bless you.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

DeJager

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alberta, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
de jager
Josh, central Alberta but work all over western Canada, have a camper but the last two years we have gotten fed up with hauling a camper everywhere so this year we geared up to start weekend landing, been out marine access camping this year as well. Starting to build up a rig for 2021 summer and start doing even more exploring.
2010 f150

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Hello All. Steve, Frisco Texas. Have two rigs, a 1999 Land Cruiser Series 100, and a 2018 Ford F250 Crew Cab... The first is nicknamed 'the crusher' and the later is "El Puerco Grande" aka -- The big pig. We just got back from doing 700 miles of the Continental Divide Overland Trail in the Pig. Carli suspension did amazing.. although we're adding torsen sway bar now.. and we smoked a ball joint that was questionable before the trip due to a bad mech messing up the alignment shims! about to push into full time mode and pick up another rig for longer trips.. something like a global ex or similar on a medium duty chassis.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Javier, McAllen Tx, yep at the very bottom south of Texas. 2012 and 2017 Subaru Outbacks, avid kayak fisherman. Built a 5x10 squareback trailer to camp and carry my kayaks and opened up all kinds of new travel and camping opportunities . PINS and state parks so far.
Welcome to Overland Bound Javier
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All. Steve, Frisco Texas. Have two rigs, a 1999 Land Cruiser Series 100, and a 2018 Ford F250 Crew Cab... The first is nicknamed 'the crusher' and the later is "El Puerco Grande" aka -- The big pig. We just got back from doing 700 miles of the Continental Divide Overland Trail in the Pig. Carli suspension did amazing.. although we're adding torsen sway bar now.. and we smoked a ball joint that was questionable before the trip due to a bad mech messing up the alignment shims! about to push into full time mode and pick up another rig for longer trips.. something like a global ex or similar on a medium duty chassis.
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve
Good luck with the full time, we look forward to seeing what rig you end up with.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Josh, central Alberta but work all over western Canada, have a camper but the last two years we have gotten fed up with hauling a camper everywhere so this year we geared up to start weekend landing, been out marine access camping this year as well. Starting to build up a rig for 2021 summer and start doing even more exploring.
2010 f150
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl & @Sandpoint Steve
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
To get started in the forum, I want to know all the recommendations that the owners of Mitsubishi Montero 3 generation can give me. I also want your advice or recommendation with the option of the roof tent that I want to buy, of which I have 4 options to make my decision 1) iKamper SKY CAMP 2) Freespirit High Country 80 3) Treeline Redwood Constellation 4) CVT Mt. Denali. And as a final question for today, which rubber do I choose between Cooper The Discoverer® STT PRO ™ or Yokohama GEOLANDAR M / T® G003. Thank you very much Glad to be in this group and God Bless you.
Welcome To Overland Bound
All good questions, you might want to think about asking them on a couple different areas of the forum to get some traction.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder @Cendee

Zombie_Hunter_Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Cipriano
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Hi, my name is Cipriano and I am located in the San Diego area. I just bought a Gladiator Rubicon and have been driving it since the beginning of July. I have little overlanding experienc but have already taken the rig on a couple overlanding trips. Looking to get some more info on cool places to overland in the western area of the US like CA, NV, AZ, NM, CO, UT etc

ExploreTheFuzz

Rank I

Traveler I

Barboursville, VA, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Hyldelund
Member #

Hey Everyone!

I'm Dale, I live out in Barboursville, Virginia.
Currently driving a 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6r almost stock (with a bunch of parts on order )
I have a little overlanding experience through friends, but this Subie is my first truly capable vehicle. I drove a Mazda 3 prior, and that thing got hung up on speed bumps!

Looking forward to being a part of this growing community.

Last edited:

Red Jipetta

Rank III

Contributor III

Larchmont, NY
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Derouin
Member #

IMG_2668.jpeg
HI everyone
Pic is of my 2017 T4R TRDPro taken a few weeks ago on a week's long trip on the shores of Lake Ontario and St Lawrence River.
Caught the overland bug a few years back thanks to 2-week trip out into the Great Basin of NV and Northern Lake Tahoe with a bunch of buddies, sold the Harley and threw myself into it. The mountains were always my church so I'm excited for new adventures and to bump into a few of you out there.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

likely keep all three. the medium duty for long haul open space stuff.. the pig (below) for long haul tight space stuff.. and the cruiser for short trips or trailer queen stuff.

the pick below was taken just after entering colorado into the san juan mountain range.. alt. 11,900 feet. 30 minutes later we ran into hail and the largest flock of sheep I've ever seen (way over 800 head) fortunately the hail was more like wet snow balls than ice ...

found out the pig needs re-buildable ball joints... Think it's time to open a XL size overlanding rig shop. lol
20200802_095403.jpg

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

From Southern Oregon and newer to overlanding by greatly enjoying it and have been wanting to start for awhile but Covid was just the push I needed. My rig is a 2020 Ram 2500 with a Cummins I’m building up. Full size diesel is required with my work and I can’t help but love these things.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
From Southern Oregon and newer to overlanding by greatly enjoying it and have been wanting to start for awhile but Covid was just the push I needed. My rig is a 2020 Ram 2500 with a Cummins I’m building up. Full size diesel is required with my work and I can’t help but love these things.
Welcome Micha,
I am the Northwest Director for Overland Bound, @Big G is your closest member representative. Check out the Member Map and Overland Bound Meetups to find people close to you. Be sure to post in Southern Oregon to get in on some early trip planning. Also Overland Bound by Region Northwest is full of great information on places to go and people to virtually meet.

cheers

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

New to the sight and to overlanding. My name is Adrian, and I just bought a 2017 4runner. I live in Lindsay which is in central cali. No mods yet, but that should be changing shortly. I currently do backpacking and fly fishing and wanted to add overlanding to that outdoors list. Hope to learn quite a bit on here.