Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Rig: 2014 JKU
Experience: Novice

The idea of a long road trip, exploring new places, and getting away from my regular surroundings appeals to me. At the same time, I am a planner. Planning requires me to educate myself about where I will be going and what I might encounter. This site and the forums seem like the perfect place to inspire me on where to go while at the same time educate me on where I am going.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HELLO! From Los Angeles CA/Roseburg OR lol. I live in both states half the year in one and the other half... well you get the idea. I
work for the forest service as a wildland firefighter. I'm new to the overlanding life and exited to explore and learn the do's and don'ts.
Welcome to Overland Bound
So which region do you work in R-5 Or R-6?
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the welcome!
I live in South Carolina and have been overlanding most of my life and have experience with an assortment of vehicles. Just purchased a new Subaru Croostrek. It replaced the full size Bronco I had. It will now begin the transformation for my travels (lift, tires, cargo box, winch etc.) and hopefully we will meet on the trail!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Uki_Cruising

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Flores
Hello OBers!

It is a pleasure to meet you all! (digitally at least :blush:) I am pretty new to the whole overlanding lifestyle, I have been interested in a while but things in my life have finally gotten to a good place where I can start exploring this lifestyle. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, didn't get much of an opportunity to explore the outdoors growing up, but the few times I was able to, I knew it was for me and that I wanted to do it more in my life. Fast-forward 30 some years and I found myself in the PNW (Pacific North West) with the desire and recently means to explore the wild through "Vehicle Dependent Travel". For the last 13yrs I have owned a Honda Element, and It has treated me well (and I have tried to reciprocate the gesture), alas for all the capabilities that the Element offered, it was quite obvious that it had strong limitations. I thought about investing money to help overcome/mitigate some of this obstacles, but as sat down to do the math and crunch the numbers, in the end the Element was just not the right platform for what I was trying to get into. Enter my new pride and joy! I recently was able to purchase my dream vehicle, something that even as a kid where I knew nothing about vehicles, I knew I loved these trucks, the Land Cruisers.

There are so many questions I want to ask, and things that I need to learn. I have started my way through the "New Members" section, and have begun training on "Tread Lightly" I am all about responsible overlanding and leaving it better then you found it, so I'd like to learn from the start and try my best to not build bad habits, and pass the knowledge along. I will do my best to have my questions grouped by similar topics so as to not "vommit" questions all over the forums. I will also look to see what is proper etatkit as to asking questions and where are the appropriate forums for that, so apologies in advance if I get something wrong :sweatsmile:.

2) Pacific North West (PNW)/ Tacoma to be specific
3) 1993 Land Cruiser Turbo Diesel VX Limited
4) Little to no overlanding experience.

1)LC.jpg

What would be a tremendous help, is if there is any other members out there with a JDM import LC. I was fortunate to get several service records and some manuals with the truck, unfortunately my Japanese is not that good :grin:, fortunately in this incredible digital age I am able to use google to do much of the translating. Alas, that has only gotten me so far, and I would love to pick the brain of a fellow JDM LC so I can learn my rig better before even thinking about hitting the trail.

I will be getting a paid membership soon, the recent purchase of my baby has left me a little light in the wallet department, lol! But isn't there a 4x4 saying out there, something along the lines of "Slow and steady wins the race"? That's my plan at least. Sorry if this was an overly long intro and my apologies if I missed anything. Looking forward to growing and learning. ADVENTURE IS NECESSARY!!

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. Shout out to Michael (Member #0000) I have learned so much from your youtube videos, keep the great content coming!!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello OBers!

It is a pleasure to meet you all! (digitally at least :blush:) I am pretty new to the whole overlanding lifestyle, I have been interested in a while but things in my life have finally gotten to a good place where I can start exploring this lifestyle. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, didn't get much of an opportunity to explore the outdoors growing up, but the few times I was able to, I knew it was for me and that I wanted to do it more in my life. Fast-forward 30 some years and I found myself in the PNW (Pacific North West) with the desire and recently means to explore the wild through "Vehicle Dependent Travel". For the last 13yrs I have owned a Honda Element, and It has treated me well (and I have tried to reciprocate the gesture), alas for all the capabilities that the Element offered, it was quite obvious that it had strong limitations. I thought about investing money to help overcome/mitigate some of this obstacles, but as sat down to do the math and crunch the numbers, in the end the Element was just not the right platform for what I was trying to get into. Enter my new pride and joy! I recently was able to purchase my dream vehicle, something that even as a kid where I knew nothing about vehicles, I knew I loved these trucks, the Land Cruisers.

There are so many questions I want to ask, and things that I need to learn. I have started my way through the "New Members" section, and have begun training on "Tread Lightly" I am all about responsible overlanding and leaving it better then you found it, so I'd like to learn from the start and try my best to not build bad habits, and pass the knowledge along. I will do my best to have my questions grouped by similar topics so as to not "vommit" questions all over the forums. I will also look to see what is proper etatkit as to asking questions and where are the appropriate forums for that, so apologies in advance if I get something wrong :sweatsmile:.

1)View attachment 165523

What would be a tremendous help, is if there is any other members out there with a JDM import LC. I was fortunate to get several service records and some manuals with the truck, unfortunately my Japanese is not that good :grin:, fortunately in this incredible digital age I am able to use google to do much of the translating. Alas, that has only gotten me so far, and I would love to pick the brain of a fellow JDM LC so I can learn my rig better before even thinking about hitting the trail.

I will be getting a paid membership soon, the recent purchase of my baby has left me a little light in the wallet department, lol! But isn't there a 4x4 saying out there, something along the lines of "Slow and steady wins the race"? That's my plan at least. Sorry if this was an overly long intro and my apologies if I missed anything. Looking forward to growing and learning. ADVENTURE IS NECESSARY!!

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. Shout out to Michael (Member #0000) I have learned so much from your youtube videos, keep the great content coming!!
Welcome Paul,
Glad you found us.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozemanand @Greg Eigstiare your closest Member Representatives. They can help you find like minded individuals to share your travels with as well as bounce project ideas off of.

Reactions: Kent R

Mudrunninpig

Rank II

Contributor III

Ridgeway, SC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Friihauf
Member #

Hello, my name is Mike from Ridgeway South Carolina. Been lurking for a while and recently joined. I have some overlanding experience over the years. This is my current rig that is a 2020 Gladiator. I'm still doing mods here and there... Glad to meet yall..IMG_20200716_160822717_HDR.jpg

K7USR

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Kathryn
Last Name
Antonetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7USR
Hello OBers!

1)View attachment 165523

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul and welcome! Pretty new myself so no knowledge to info to share, but I am in Tacoma as well.

Congratulations on your REALLY NICE new baby!

Life Line Overlanding

Rank II

Traveler II

Junction City, OR, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJZ
Hey Everybody! I've been watching for a long time. I find the YouTube videos to be extremely helpful.

My kiddos and I love overlanding. We use a 2002 Chevy Tahoe which we are slowly outfitting it to be out daily/overlanding rig. Better pics to come soon but here are a few for now.

Can't wait to get out there again,
Dan

EffinNewGuy

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Greenville, SC
First Name
S
Last Name
B
Member #

So now for the official introduction, Effin_New_Guy here, from Greenville, SC. I have always enjoyed outdoor adventures. There's something about coming across a beautifully carved landscape that takes your breath away and makes you realize the tremendous power of nature to understand your major problems really are insignificant. That realization hit me when I stood at the top of a glacier carved U-valley in the Canadian Rockies when I was about 29. That was a powerful moment. One I'll never forget.

Fast forward to present day, and I have a wife and some kids, who's idea of a vacation is a resort on a beach. My youngest loves camping. My wife only tolerates it. Even then, only for a night at most. I got her hooked on the Expidition Overland series, and she's game for some travel and adventure. I've talked her into starting some light overlanding and travel. She's really into history, so I've gotten the idea of combining overlanding and checking out historical places. This will allow us to combine our interests into one family activity. Here's the plan: We decide a general destination, she researches one or two places to visit, and I get to plan the route and camping/lodging.

To accomplish this, we've just bought a 2020 4Runner TRD Off-Road. Completely stock at the moment. Since I'm a cheap ass, I'm not going to dive head first into all the standard mods (lift, tires, rims, bumpers, etc...). I'm going to do a DIY Rear Diff breather mod, and tie in the e-locker breather to it (see Wanderlost Overlands DIY breather Mod). I'm also planning out a DIY roof rack using t-slot extruded aluminum.

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

FNG

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So now for the official introduction, Effin_New_Guy here, from Greenville, SC. I have always enjoyed outdoor adventures. There's something about coming across a beautifully carved landscape that takes your breath away and makes you realize the tremendous power of nature to understand your major problems really are insignificant. That realization hit me when I stood at the top of a glacier carved U-valley in the Canadian Rockies when I was about 29. That was a powerful moment. One I'll never forget.

Fast forward to present day, and I have a wife and some kids, who's idea of a vacation is a resort on a beach. My youngest loves camping. My wife only tolerates it. Even then, only for a night at most. I got her hooked on the Expidition Overland series, and she's game for some travel and adventure. I've talked her into starting some light overlanding and travel. She's really into history, so I've gotten the idea of combining overlanding and checking out historical places. This will allow us to combine our interests into one family activity. Here's the plan: We decide a general destination, she researches one or two places to visit, and I get to plan the route and camping/lodging.

To accomplish this, we've just bought a 2020 4Runner TRD Off-Road. Completely stock at the moment. Since I'm a cheap ass, I'm not going to dive head first into all the standard mods (lift, tires, rims, bumpers, etc...). I'm going to do a DIY Rear Diff breather mod, and tie in the e-locker breather to it (see Wanderlost Overlands DIY breather Mod). I'm also planning out a DIY roof rack using t-slot extruded aluminum.

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

FNG
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Wow, again so many new members here. That is amazing!!! Welcome to all of you!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everybody! I've been watching for a long time. I find the YouTube videos to be extremely helpful.

My kiddos and I love overlanding. We use a 2002 Chevy Tahoe which we are slowly outfitting it to be out daily/overlanding rig. Better pics to come soon but here are a few for now.

Dan
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan
The Northwest Director is @M Rose
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Mike from Ridgeway South Carolina. Been lurking for a while and recently joined. I have some overlanding experience over the years. This is my current rig that is a 2020 Gladiator. I'm still doing mods here and there... Glad to meet yall..View attachment 165552
Welcome To Overland Bound Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OBers!

1)View attachment 165523

Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to Overland Bound Paul
The Northwest Director is @M Rose, Mike can set you up with the closest Member Representative to you.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Dan
Welcome Dan,
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is the Willamette Valley Representative, although @Munga Brown is probably your closest Representative.

I can’t wait to see your trips and rig.

Yelie

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Danielle
Last Name
Opp
Hi everyone! My name is Danielle but everyone calls me Yelie I live in Wyoming and love to camp and get out to the mountains as much as possible. We had a Dodge Rebel that was great for hauling all our gear but my hubby started commuting and ended up trading it in for a car instead. Now I have ordered the new 2021 Bronco and can’t wait to get it out on the trails! My kids are teenagers and are fairly close to being out of the house so I am interested in the Overlanding concept of less is more and taking just our rig and getting out into nature more!

Homebowlking

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Saint Albert, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Allan
Member #

Hello to All,
New member from Alberta Canada.
I have a bit of experience building rigs from jeeps to full size broncos at present I am driving a 2017 Ram 1500 limited, but am waiting for the new bronco to come to start my next build.
Looking forward to meeting you all on the trail!

Uki_Cruising

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Flores
Welcome Paul,
Glad you found us.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozemanand @Greg Eigstiare your closest Member Representatives. They can help you find like minded individuals to share your travels with as well as bounce project ideas off of.
Hi @Gabriel Bozeman,

Thank for the welcome. I will be sure to reach out and contact @Greg Eigsti to get some insider info on my local area. I look forward to getting to know more of the community and learn as much as I can while eventually giving back :-)

Thanks again,

Paul

Uki_Cruising

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Flores
Hi Paul and welcome! Pretty new myself so no knowledge to info to share, but I am in Tacoma as well.

Congratulations on your REALLY NICE new baby!
Hey there Neighborino!!

Nice to see someone so local! We should totally get together sometime, in a social-distancing kind of way of course, but still! Lol. Hope you are staying safe and hope to see you out there :-)

Paul