First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone.
Just recently started getting into overlanding, but have been into camping all my life. My wife grew up camping as well.
Vehicle: 2016 Nissan Rogue - looking into a few mild upgrades to get me started.
We live in the Salt Lake City area.

View attachment 164918
Hello Derek, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current location is Cedar Rapids Iowa, I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator and a 2020 Jeep Rubicon JLU with no experience in the overlanding world. My previous rig was a Jeep Wrangler JKU. I grew up in Michigan and spent time on campgrounds in the area of Silver Lake Sand Dunes. The majority of my experience is on the sand. I’m married with 2 kids and looking to maximize time spent together enjoying trails and wildlife.
Hello Todd, welcome to the OB community. Having lived in the Grand Rapids nearly 20 years, I have been to the Silver Lake area a number of times. Love that area.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all, name's Mike. I've been Jeeping and camping for decades, but never put the 2 together. Until recently, my Jeep experience consisted of mainly easy trails in the Texas hill country, and my camping has mainly been backpacking, carrying only the barest of essentials.
Two months ago I purchased a more capable rig, and added a rooftop tent. I have already taken it on my first trip, seeing 10 states, and racking up nearly 5,000 miles. Boondocking the whole way. It was a great experience, and the ability to carry more gear made everything more enjoyable.
Since then, I have purchased a portable fridge, and have many more upgrades planned for the rig. I look forward to meeting some great people on here. Learning new things, and hopefully share some of what I've learned over the years.

Rig: '06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Overland experience: Novice
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings and Well Met!

I'm JD, in level 40's and currently residing in Lakewood Ranch, FL. (near Tampa/Sarasota)

I'd consider myself an advance novice at overlanding. (IE, I go camping and have taken trips but have only recently really gotten into being more serious about those trips)
I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport, Hard Top, in Commando green.
Her names Source Code
IG - Source Code

I look forward to chatting, and learning from everyone.

View attachment 164674
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: AlphaJD and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings,
I’m not new to build from a drawing on a napkin, or pad(paper aided design) as I don’t have experience with working with cad. I’m a jack of all trades as you will see in my future posts. I design and fabricate drop down ice fishing shanties as a hobby and some are hydraulic raise and lower. My next build is to build a overland camper for my wife and I to stay in while enjoying the great northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, Wyoming, and Colorado landscapes. I look forward to seeing everyone builds and hope to learn more everyday.
Welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all. I hail from the Pac Nor’west. I’ve been following the YouTube channel for some time and decided it was time to take the plunge in the massive one time payment and become a member!!!!
I’m kinda a day tripper at the moment but can swing overnight if needed. I love day trips on the Finney-Cumberland road to Darrington and the brewery there.
We have property in the hills north of Ellensburg.
Hello Adam, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi guys. I'm over here in Amarillo, TX. My rig is an 06 F250. I'm definitely a novice. All of my overlanding has the lakes and the one river in my area. I look forward to getting out and seeing the rest of what the earth has to offer. That's why I'm here.
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello OB community,

I joined you all a few months ago but, I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been pretty hesitant to stick my head out and introduce myself because I don’t drive a particularly trail worthy rig like the overland ubiquitous Tacomas or Jeeps.

Once upon a time I drove a 2000 Xterra. It was my first new car, I loved it, but I crashed her into a building one sad sleep deprived day.

Spoiler alert: building won... barely a scratch. Xterra, totaled.

Nowadays I drive a (wait for it) 2014 Honda Odyssey.

Needless to say it sets the outer limits of our explorations to rough fire roads. At best.

I had been telling myself I’d trade the Odyssey for a more trail worthy rig (like a Tacoma) when the kids have all moved out, join Overland Bound and get out there. But, over the years the Odyssey has grown on me and, really, I want my kids to experience this journey with me.

So, I joined OB, and have set out to outfit the Odyssey to be at least the tiniest bit more suitable for overlanding. The plan is to change out tires and suspension, strap a good shovel and recovery boards to the roof and see how far that gets me.

I get it. Maybe a silly notion. Maybe could be considered a waste of time, effort and money... but going for it anyway.

I look forward to learning, collaborating and contributing from, with and to the community.

Wish me luck.
Hello Junki, welcome to the OB community. Hey man glad you stuck your head out and introduced yourself. You have nothing to be concerned about by driving the Odyssey. Yes a lot of people have Jeeps and Tacomas but there are a lot of other vehicles used that work just fine, as yours will. Take a look at Softroadingthewest on Youtube. Guy drives a Subaru all over the place. Glad you're a part of the group.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
We are new to overland life, but have a couple decades of backpack camping experience. Have two teenage boys so we are exploring the possible next chapter of our life.

Rig: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie
Possible next rig: Bronco, Wrangler or something cheap to beat up.
Experience: Noobies
Hello Bryan, welcome to the OB commuity.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Jordan And Candice Stanley Here. Been dreaming of Overlanding and this year we take our first steps. We have trailed and rock crawled in the past and that is where our experience lies the most. We have a 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar edition with the Off Road package black edition. Current mods are just a bed cover that is going to be coming off. We just ordered the Icon stage 5 suspension, Putco bed rack, Smitty Built Gen 2 rooftop tent in the XL, Vice Designs hidden winch bracket and a Smitty 12,000 pound XRC winch, mounts for awning, rotopax, and ARB traction pads, Upgraded lights for up front heads to fogs, with have new tires, awning, and many other accessories ordered tomorrow to get this thing ready for the trail. Custom fabricating a rear tire and gear rack and rock sliders. Also going to be fabricating a enclosed weather resistant pull out kitchen box. Thinking also about doing the Decked bed drawers.

Look forward to meeting up and putting this rig to the test. Pictures to be posted as I go. I'll make a thread in the vehicle build forums.
Hello Jordan and Candice, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello! New to the overland life, current dispersed camping experience is filling up the bed of the truck with whatever we think we’ll need for 2-3 days and heading up into the Cascades. Stationed overseas right now and already put down my deposit on a new Bronco which will be our overland vehicle! Saw this group on a bronco review and thought it was right up my alley! Looking for suggestions on first purchases for the Bronco!
Hello Cameron, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Y'all,

Retired from Education and leaving the Class C behind (probably home base). Just experimenting with different setups so my avatar will change as I seek adventure while I still physically can..(lol). Old age has creeped upon me so I decided if I'm go to adventure this is the time.
Hello Rich, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
1) View attachment 164023
2) NC Bragg area
3) Rig 2019 Chevy Silverado Trail boss (work in progress)
4) Overlanding Experience NONE! But I am looking to get started! First trip next weekend to an established camp ground at the beach.
Hello Hunter, welcome to the OB community. Great to have another Silverado in the group.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hell all,
I'm Sam, I typically go by Samwise - it's a trail name that carried over from my time in Scouting. New to the forum, but I've been following the OB channel for some time.
I work in the automotive field, but my background is in natural science and history.
I'm a backpacker and a Toyota geek, but I love all rigs, especially the ones that are well thought-out and cool.

I drive a 1996 Toyota T100 Excab RWD and my wife's car is a 2019 4Runner SR5, and i'm looking forward to networking with folks here and learning new things.
Hello Samwise, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!

My name is Greg and I live in Naples, FL.

I have an adventure rig named Eleanor. She is a 1996 Land Rover Discovery 5spd.

I am an experienced off-road enthusiast BUT far from expert...always learning from others.

Excited to connect with like minded individuals!! View attachment 164074
Hello Greg, welcome to the OB community.