Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hey Ryan! Oregon definitely has it going on for Overlanders. Great trail systems you've got up there! Oregonyotas looks like a cool page. Of course, seeing as how it's a closed group, and I drive a Jeep, I'll have to take your word for it ;-) Welcome!!!
They can still be individual..

Welcome Sean! Let me know if you want to do any exploring in the Sierras. I'm on your way (Sacramento :-)
and personalized replies.

Seeing as how they were individual, and personalized replies, I'm not sure grouping them together would be appropriate. Unless I'm not understanding your comment.
Multi quotes accomplish the same thing and they save space. Just a suggestion.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Thanks! Assuming you are referring to the image with the power line in the background, no it is not, I have never been there. That image is of one of the off chutes at Cleghorn road. The others are of the Sierras and Angeles forest
Thanks! I just did Powerline Rd (near Frazier Park) a couple weeks ago, and it looks just like that!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
They can still be individual..

and personalized replies.

Multi quotes accomplish the same thing and they save space. Just a suggestion.
Copy that! Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you could do that, because I haven't seen anyone else doing it, but it makes sense.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Bob Dorsey

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gresham, OR
Member #

Hello, we are new to this forum and new to 4x4 overloading.
From Gresham, OR
2016 4Runner TRD Pro (Stock)
Rank Novice
We have used Subaru Outbacks from 1996 and have a 2010 model that we have taken to many a 4x4 local. We learned the value of a high clearance vehicle when we were denied a permit to South Coyote Buttes because we were in the Outback. We just spent 13 nights with the 4Runner and an Alu-Cab Expedition RTT which is by far superior to sleeping in the back of the Outback! It's a game changer and we look forward to learning the finer points of 4x4 overloading.

wrenglejr

Rank I

Contributor III

Haverford, PA, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Engle
Member #

Hi All! My name is Bill and looking to getting into overlanding. Have been off-roading for years and definitely into branching out on longer expeditions.

Current Rig - 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock - mods are starting already...
Past Rigs - (3) other JKU's and (1) TJ Wrangler as well as a LR Disco and LR LR3.

Relocated back to East Coast outside Philadelphia after 8 years in Colorado. Looking forward to some great trips along the east coast where wheeling is legal. If anyone knows of any great spots, please let me know!

Thanks!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi All! My name is Bill and looking to getting into overlanding. Have been off-roading for years and definitely into branching out on longer expeditions.

Past Rigs - (3) other JKU's and (1) TJ Wrangler as well as a LR Disco and LR LR3.

Relocated back to East Coast outside Philadelphia after 8 years in Colorado. Looking forward to some great trips along the east coast where wheeling is legal. If anyone knows of any great spots, please let me know!

Thanks!
Welcome Bill! Get those Mod photos up. We'd love to follow your progress.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Welcome from a fellow Pennsyltucky member. As far as getting the tires dirty on your Jeep goes here are a couple great options. Rausch Creek and AOAA. The Pine Barrens in NJ are closer to your home but I haven't been there yet.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hey there!
I'm Chris and this is my 05 Xterra 6MT that I have had for just over a year. Prior to this I had no experience with overlanding or any vehicle based camp. I am pretty experienced when it comes to the outdoors, I hike, camp, and climb, so getting out there and refining my rig has been a blast. As for the X it has truly become my dream rig, very well thought out and very very capable stock (with proper tires, my 2wd has surprised me and others with what it can do).

hope to meet some of ya in the real world!

Welcome to the group Chris,
Welcome to the group,

Reactions: CVXTERRA

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello ladies and gents,
Jonathan and Sara here (including two toddlers). From just outside of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No pictures yet, waiting on our FWC to arrive.
Have a 2004 Toyota Tundra DC that we will put the camper on.
Plan is to drive down to Central America this January.
Maybe can meet up with some of y'all along the way!
Welcome to the group Jonathan and Sara,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
We are Simon and Carly,

We are heading down the Panam for the next couple of years, currently in CA about to cross into Mexico down through Central and then South America,

Looking forward to getting some tips from you all.

Looking froward to being part of this awesome community!
Welcome to the group Simon and Carly,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello everybody,

Dennis & Tamara from the Netherlands.

Planning a round the world trip with our 2005 Discovery 3.
Most likely starting in Canada, up north to Alaska and down to South America.
Welcome to the group Dennis and Tamara,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello everyone! I'm R.J. and here are the particulars.

Area: Birmingham, Alabama

Vehicle: 1986 Ford Bronco.

Experience: I've only been over landing now for a little over a year.

Background: Almost my entire life I've been into camping, hiking and backpacking. Also, I've been into off-roading for about 20 years now. I've got a big built Jeep but just wanted something smaller for easier trails and some camping. So I traded my old 63 Impala for the Bronco.
The Bronco looks rough(I plan to keep it that way), but everything has been gone through and works like it is suppose to. I'm trying to only spend money on the Bronco that will make it go farther down the trail or more comfortable for camping. So far I've only added a locker to the rear axle and put 35" mud tires under it.

Welcome to the group R.J., good looking Bronco.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello, we are new to this forum and new to 4x4 overloading.
From Gresham, OR
2016 4Runner TRD Pro (Stock)
Rank Novice
We have used Subaru Outbacks from 1996 and have a 2010 model that we have taken to many a 4x4 local. We learned the value of a high clearance vehicle when we were denied a permit to South Coyote Buttes because we were in the Outback. We just spent 13 nights with the 4Runner and an Alu-Cab Expedition RTT which is by far superior to sleeping in the back of the Outback! It's a game changer and we look forward to learning the finer points of 4x4 overloading.
Welcome to the group Bob, good to see another Oregonian!

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB

Thanks!
Welcome to the group Bill, your in the right place for expedition travel info.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Welcome to the group Jonathan and Sara,
Welcome to the group Simon and Carly,
Welcome to the group Dennis and Tamara,
Welcome to the group R.J., good looking Bronco.
Welcome to the group Bob, good to see another Oregonian!
Welcome to the group Bill, your in the right place for expedition travel info.
I know it seems like forever since I suggested it... but try using multi quotes. You just filled an entire page with posts when you could have accomplished the same in only one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX

Thanks!
Where 'bouts were you in Colorado?

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

Hello all, My name is Jensen. I have spent the last 6 years working summers at Grand Canyon Lodge on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I have had some great opportunities exploring roads less or never traveled around the Canyon and in Southern Utah.
I have also worked at Bryce Canyon and Big Bend National Park. Unfortunately I did not have my rig while in Big Bend and hope to return someday.

Rig : 2006 Nissan Xterra
Overlanding Experience Background : Always learning and doing

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello all, My name is Jensen. I have spent the last 6 years working summers at Grand Canyon Lodge on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I have had some great opportunities exploring roads less or never traveled around the Canyon and in Southern Utah.
I have also worked at Bryce Canyon and Big Bend National Park. Unfortunately I did not have my rig while in Big Bend and hope to return someday.

Rig : 2006 Nissan Xterra
Overlanding Experience Background : Always learning and doing

Welcome to the group, Jensen!

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

I became a member a few weeks ago but just now getting around to introducing myself! Excited to be apart of the group and look forward to learning new stuff. A bit about me:

Rig 1: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. 5.7 HEMI. Quadradrive II.
Rig 2: 1990 Jeep XJ lifted with other goodies. (For sale)

Experience: mostly just off-roading on trails. Taking my first true Overlanding trip in March with the wife. Driving from Northern VA to Utah in the Grand Cherokee. Rig is currently stock but putting on an OME kit, JBA arms,and tires soon. Good to meet you all and can hopefully meet some folks out on the trails!
A big welcome to you, Memphis. See you out there one of these days!