• HTML tutorial

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

View attachment 9264 Location: La Crescenta, CA 91214

Current Rig: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x - Just picked her up a little over a month ago. With the exception of the new Garvin roof rack, it's all stock. Looking to upgrade the tires, and install sliders and bumpers with recovery points... nothing to crazy (i hope!) LOL ;)

Last Rig: 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 limited - lifted with the works. Loved it, but it just wasn't a practical daily driver for me and my family

Experience: Novice Overlander, avid hiker, camper (tent, car/RV, etc.), water sports

Our family is always looking for the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors. I've been following your group on YouTube for a few months now, and I always find your videos to be both very informative and inspiring. I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.

-John
Howdy, John!

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Hello ladies and gents,
Jonathan and Sara here (including two toddlers). From just outside of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No pictures yet, waiting on our FWC to arrive.
Have a 2004 Toyota Tundra DC that we will put the camper on.
Plan is to drive down to Central America this January.
Maybe can meet up with some of y'all along the way!
Welcome to the group!

ToyotaAventureros

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Nanton, Alberta
Member #

Hello everybody,

Dennis & Tamara from the Netherlands.

Planning a round the world trip with our 2005 Discovery 3.
Most likely starting in Canada, up north to Alaska and down to South America.
Welcome! I'm new to this forum as well. If you need info on Canada or want to connect my wife and I would love to meet other travelers!

RJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello everyone! I'm R.J. and here are the particulars.

Area: Birmingham, Alabama

Vehicle: 1986 Ford Bronco.

Experience: I've only been over landing now for a little over a year.

Background: Almost my entire life I've been into camping, hiking and backpacking. Also, I've been into off-roading for about 20 years now. I've got a big built Jeep but just wanted something smaller for easier trails and some camping. So I traded my old 63 Impala for the Bronco.
The Bronco looks rough(I plan to keep it that way), but everything has been gone through and works like it is suppose to. I'm trying to only spend money on the Bronco that will make it go farther down the trail or more comfortable for camping. So far I've only added a locker to the rear axle and put 35" mud tires under it.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello everybody,

Dennis & Tamara from the Netherlands.

Planning a round the world trip with our 2005 Discovery 3.
Most likely starting in Canada, up north to Alaska and down to South America.
Welcome! Be sure to let us know, when you're coming through California!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello everyone! I'm R.J. and here are the particulars.

Area: Birmingham, Alabama

Vehicle: 1986 Ford Bronco.

Experience: I've only been over landing now for a little over a year.

Background: Almost my entire life I've been into camping, hiking and backpacking. Also, I've been into off-roading for about 20 years now. I've got a big built Jeep but just wanted something smaller for easier trails and some camping. So I traded my old 63 Impala for the Bronco.
The Bronco looks rough(I plan to keep it that way), but everything has been gone through and works like it is suppose to. I'm trying to only spend money on the Bronco that will make it go farther down the trail or more comfortable for camping. So far I've only added a locker to the rear axle and put 35" mud tires under it.

Welcome! Nice looking rig!

Reactions: RJeep

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
View attachment 9264 Location: La Crescenta, CA 91214

Current Rig: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x - Just picked her up a little over a month ago. With the exception of the new Garvin roof rack, it's all stock. Looking to upgrade the tires, and install sliders and bumpers with recovery points... nothing to crazy (i hope!) LOL ;)

Last Rig: 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 limited - lifted with the works. Loved it, but it just wasn't a practical daily driver for me and my family

Experience: Novice Overlander, avid hiker, camper (tent, car/RV, etc.), water sports

Our family is always looking for the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors. I've been following your group on YouTube for a few months now, and I always find your videos to be both very informative and inspiring. I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.

-John
Welcome! Keep those photos coming, as you do your mods :-)

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
We are Simon and Carly,

We are heading down the Panam for the next couple of years, currently in CA about to cross into Mexico down through Central and then South America,

Looking forward to getting some tips from you all.

Looking froward to being part of this awesome community!
Welcome! That's an amazing trip plan! Keep us informed on your progress.

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello ladies and gents,
Jonathan and Sara here (including two toddlers). From just outside of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No pictures yet, waiting on our FWC to arrive.
Have a 2004 Toyota Tundra DC that we will put the camper on.
Plan is to drive down to Central America this January.
Maybe can meet up with some of y'all along the way!
Welcome! Be sure to let us "Lower 48'ers" when you're headed this way!

Reactions: ToyotaAventureros

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hey there!
I'm Chris and this is my 05 Xterra 6MT that I have had for just over a year. Prior to this I had no experience with overlanding or any vehicle based camp. I am pretty experienced when it comes to the outdoors, I hike, camp, and climb, so getting out there and refining my rig has been a blast. As for the X it has truly become my dream rig, very well thought out and very very capable stock (with proper tires, my 2wd has surprised me and others with what it can do).

hope to meet some of ya in the real world!

Welcome! Was that photo on Powerline Road, near Frazier Park?

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi, I'm Ben. I'm new to overlanding but have been an avid camper/hiker/backpacker since my younger days. Grew up in Boulder, CO and now reside with my wife and a couple kiddos outside San Antonio, TX. Picked up a 2017 TRD a couple months ago and fully intend to justify it by getting out as much as possible. It has already completely reinvigorated my love of outdoors - something I'd lost since moving to TX. Looking to explore this giant state more and beyond into everything this continent has to offer.
Hi Ben, Welcome! Love TX. Hoping to do some exploring there myself.

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi my name is Travis I guess you could say I'm a novice at the overlanding thing my current vehicle is a 2013 f150 with a custom built rack over the bed out fitted with led lights, cvt RTT cvt 6.5' awning I'm located in kings mountain NC (near Charlotte) I spend atleast 2 weekends a month camping/hiking and exploring the NF looking forward to meeting and learning from other overlanders
Welcome Travis! Two weekends a month is something many of us aspire to. Be sure to post some camp & trail photos. NC is beautiful!

Reactions: awolfnspirit

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello!

My name is Ryan Lunsford and I am born and raised in Redmond, Oregon (near Bend).

My rig is a 2008 Toyota Tacoma Oregon Edition (it's really just a Sport) with minor upgrades like lift, tires, lights and most recently and what got me interested in the overland community is a CVT Mt. Rainer Summit Series.

I've always been into going outdoors, camping, offroading etc. but was just recently introduced to overlanding. However after watching the "Are You An Overlander?" video I feel like I've been in touch with overlanding for a very long time. Now I've found a place where I can connect with others which is awesome!

I am also the founder of Oregonyotas on Facebook and Instagram. I'm always open to talk, go on a trail run, or meet up with new people!
Hey Ryan! Oregon definitely has it going on for Overlanders. Great trail systems you've got up there! Oregonyotas looks like a cool page. Of course, seeing as how it's a closed group, and I drive a Jeep, I'll have to take your word for it ;-) Welcome!!!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi, this is Sean

Current Vehicle: 2015 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Overland Experience: Novice

I originally hail from Ireland and have been living in the Bay Area for the last seven years. It's great to have a forum like this to share thoughts, experiences and knowledge. I like to combine my passions for geocaching and ham radio (KM6AQT is my callsign) while overlanding. I am delighted to be a part of this awesome community!
Welcome Sean! Let me know if you want to do any exploring in the Sierras. I'm on your way (Sacramento :-)

Reactions: Sean S

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Not sure if it was your intention or not but you can quote multiple posts at the same time just by clicking reply under each one and they'll stack up.
Seeing as how they were individual, and personalized replies, I'm not sure grouping them together would be appropriate. Unless I'm not understanding your comment.

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Just wanted to introduce myself on the forum. My name is Kyle, I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I've been overlanding for about 1-2 years. I'm getting back into the overland\off road lifestyle and hoping to get out a lot more. Attached is a pic of my rig, just missing the roof rack I added recently.View attachment 9045
A jeep with an attitude. Love it! Welcome Kyle!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello all,

Two months ago, after 20+ years in the VW/Audi world of water cooled fun, On a whim I traded in my Audi A4 turbo Avant rally wagon (270K- on the odometer) for a V-8 2005 Toyota 4 Runner Sport (84K on the od) that was near complete stock other than the exhaust and tires. Getting the Overland bug about 6 years ago after the purchase of a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC, I wanted to add to the Overland Adventure with something new. Right place and right time put me at the local Toyota dealer who had the 4 Runner just sitting ready to go. Four days later I was picking it up just before school started and I haven't stopped finagling with it since.
The plan of upgrades hopefully takes about a year to complete. Looking forward to a one of a kind suburban rig when I am done that will take me to some great new places. First stop is New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia to test the waters.
The '05 4 Runner is an awesome platform! Be sure to document (photos) your "finagling". We'd love to watch the progress! Welcome!!!