Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Aloha OBers...

Here's my new baby, a 2020 Black Edition Pilot.

View attachment 164629

I live in Westchester NY and am eager to find some folks in the area who can help me get out and onto some trails and sites and begin my Overlanding adventures.

I have my first small trip planned for early September in Jersey and am hoping to sneak 1 or two overnighters in between now and then. I have yet to officially Overland but I've spent plenty of nights sleeping in my car when I lived in the city.

Thanks for having me.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Cool avatar.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Member I

Westchester, NY, USA
First Name
Rene
Last Name
B.
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Cool avatar.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Thanks for the welcome and the info, Kent. I’m excited to be a part of what’s happening here.

Reactions: Kent R

Seabee126

Rank IV

Advocate III

Toano, VA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Laguesse
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello all! Im located in Williamsburg, Virginia. I drive a 2014 Toyota Highlander AWD. I have the 2" ReadyLift kit and will be getting smaller rims with larger tires soon! Im a Navy Seabee veteran and a family man. We love the outdoors and exploring!

Attachments

Last edited:

NomadMTB

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Florida, United States
First Name
Leroy
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

Greetings from Tampa, FL.

Vehicle: 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro4-X

Current mods: 8ft beach towel (second row seat cover for the dog)

Future add-ons (pending permission from the wife):
Expedition one front bumper
Rock sliders
2-3" lift
Rear swing gate
33" mud-terrain tires
Front diff locker
Off road trailer for the roof-top tent.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Rock sliders
2-3" lift
Rear swing gate
33" mud-terrain tires
Front diff locker
Hello Damon, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and NomadMTB

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all! Im located in Williamsburg, Virginia. I drive a 2014 Toyota Highlander AWD. I have the 2" ReadyLift kit and will be getting smaller rims with larger tires soon! Im a Navy Seabed veteran and a family man. We love the outdoors and exploring!
Hello Joshua, welcome to the OB community.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Hello all! Im located in Williamsburg, Virginia. I drive a 2014 Toyota Highlander AWD. I have the 2" ReadyLift kit and will be getting smaller rims with larger tires soon! Im a Navy Seabed veteran and a family man. We love the outdoors and exploring!
Thank you for your service even though it was in the wrong branch oops did I say that out loud? JK Welcome

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Aloha OBers...

Here's my new baby, a 2020 Black Edition Pilot.

View attachment 164629

I live in Westchester NY and am eager to find some folks in the area who can help me get out and onto some trails and sites and begin my Overlanding adventures.

I have my first small trip planned for early September in Jersey and am hoping to sneak 1 or two overnighters in between now and then. I have yet to officially Overland but I've spent plenty of nights sleeping in my car when I lived in the city.

Thanks for having me.
Hello Rene, welcome to the OB commnity.

Todd Sallee

Rank I

Member I

Iowa
First Name
Todd
Last Name
sallee
Member #

Current location is Cedar Rapids Iowa, I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator and a 2020 Jeep Rubicon JLU with no experience in the overlanding world. My previous rig was a Jeep Wrangler JKU. I grew up in Michigan and spent time on campgrounds in the area of Silver Lake Sand Dunes. The majority of my experience is on the sand. I’m married with 2 kids and looking to maximize time spent together enjoying trails and wildlife.

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Hello all, name's Mike. I've been Jeeping and camping for decades, but never put the 2 together. Until recently, my Jeep experience consisted of mainly easy trails in the Texas hill country, and my camping has mainly been backpacking, carrying only the barest of essentials.
Two months ago I purchased a more capable rig, and added a rooftop tent. I have already taken it on my first trip, seeing 10 states, and racking up nearly 5,000 miles. Boondocking the whole way. It was a great experience, and the ability to carry more gear made everything more enjoyable.
Since then, I have purchased a portable fridge, and have many more upgrades planned for the rig. I look forward to meeting some great people on here. Learning new things, and hopefully share some of what I've learned over the years.

Rig: '06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Overland experience: Novice

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Current location is Cedar Rapids Iowa, I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator and a 2020 Jeep Rubicon JLU with no experience in the overlanding world. My previous rig was a Jeep Wrangler JKU. I grew up in Michigan and spent time on campgrounds in the area of Silver Lake Sand Dunes. The majority of my experience is on the sand. I’m married with 2 kids and looking to maximize time spent together enjoying trails and wildlife.
Welcome from Phoenix Todd

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all, name's Mike. I've been Jeeping and camping for decades, but never put the 2 together. Until recently, my Jeep experience consisted of mainly easy trails in the Texas hill country, and my camping has mainly been backpacking, carrying only the barest of essentials.
Two months ago I purchased a more capable rig, and added a rooftop tent. I have already taken it on my first trip, seeing 10 states, and racking up nearly 5,000 miles. Boondocking the whole way. It was a great experience, and the ability to carry more gear made everything more enjoyable.
Since then, I have purchased a portable fridge, and have many more upgrades planned for the rig. I look forward to meeting some great people on here. Learning new things, and hopefully share some of what I've learned over the years.

Welcome from Phoenix Mike

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@TxJeeper75 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Hello Mike (@TxJeeper75 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks Prerunner 1982, I look forward to what this site has to offer.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is an occasional meet-up just north of you that you might be interested in.
North Central TX Austin
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Todd
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Joe Hunt
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Rock sliders
2-3" lift
Rear swing gate
33" mud-terrain tires
Front diff locker
Welcome To Overland Bound
Nothing wrong with that fist mod.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder