Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Looking forward to engaging with the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jordan And Candice Stanley Here. Been dreaming of Overlanding and this year we take our first steps. We have trailed and rock crawled in the past and that is where our experience lies the most. We have a 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar edition with the Off Road package black edition. Current mods are just a bed cover that is going to be coming off. We just ordered the Icon stage 5 suspension, Putco bed rack, Smitty Built Gen 2 rooftop tent in the XL, Vice Designs hidden winch bracket and a Smitty 12,000 pound XRC winch, mounts for awning, rotopax, and ARB traction pads, Upgraded lights for up front heads to fogs, with have new tires, awning, and many other accessories ordered tomorrow to get this thing ready for the trail. Custom fabricating a rear tire and gear rack and rock sliders. Also going to be fabricating a enclosed weather resistant pull out kitchen box. Thinking also about doing the Decked bed drawers.

Look forward to meeting up and putting this rig to the test. Pictures to be posted as I go. I'll make a thread in the vehicle build forums.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Scooter13

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are new to overland life, but have a couple decades of backpack camping experience. Have two teenage boys so we are exploring the possible next chapter of our life.

Rig: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie
Possible next rig: Bronco, Wrangler or something cheap to beat up.
Experience: Noobies
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors in Nashville.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Jordan And Candice Stanley Here. Been dreaming of Overlanding and this year we take our first steps. We have trailed and rock crawled in the past and that is where our experience lies the most. We have a 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar edition with the Off Road package black edition. Current mods are just a bed cover that is going to be coming off. We just ordered the Icon stage 5 suspension, Putco bed rack, Smitty Built Gen 2 rooftop tent in the XL, Vice Designs hidden winch bracket and a Smitty 12,000 pound XRC winch, mounts for awning, rotopax, and ARB traction pads, Upgraded lights for up front heads to fogs, with have new tires, awning, and many other accessories ordered tomorrow to get this thing ready for the trail. Custom fabricating a rear tire and gear rack and rock sliders. Also going to be fabricating a enclosed weather resistant pull out kitchen box. Thinking also about doing the Decked bed drawers.

Look forward to meeting up and putting this rig to the test. Pictures to be posted as I go. I'll make a thread in the vehicle build forums.
Welcome Jordan and Candice,
As @Kent R said, I am the Director for the Northwest Region of Overland Bound. @Sandpoint Steve is your closest member Representative for the Inland Northwest.
Check out Overland Bound Meetups, Member Maps, and Overland Bound By Region Northwest to meet people in your area.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to DM myself or @Sandpoint Steve. We enjoy hearing from all our members.
I look forward to seeing your build thread. I drove a Second Generation Ram for many years as my OL rig. @PNW EXPLR (Kennewick Member Rep) drives a really nice Ram for his OL rig.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Matt, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Baber and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB community,

I joined you all a few months ago but, I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been pretty hesitant to stick my head out and introduce myself because I don’t drive a particularly trail worthy rig like the overland ubiquitous Tacomas or Jeeps.

Once upon a time I drove a 2000 Xterra. It was my first new car, I loved it, but I crashed her into a building one sad sleep deprived day.

Spoiler alert: building won... barely a scratch. Xterra, totaled.

Nowadays I drive a (wait for it) 2014 Honda Odyssey.

Needless to say it sets the outer limits of our explorations to rough fire roads. At best.

I had been telling myself I’d trade the Odyssey for a more trail worthy rig (like a Tacoma) when the kids have all moved out, join Overland Bound and get out there. But, over the years the Odyssey has grown on me and, really, I want my kids to experience this journey with me.

So, I joined OB, and have set out to outfit the Odyssey to be at least the tiniest bit more suitable for overlanding. The plan is to change out tires and suspension, strap a good shovel and recovery boards to the roof and see how far that gets me.

I get it. Maybe a silly notion. Maybe could be considered a waste of time, effort and money... but going for it anyway.

I look forward to learning, collaborating and contributing from, with and to the community.

Wish me luck.
There is some Odyssey info on the forums just do a search at the top of the page.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy, folks! Name is Nick.

Rig: 2013 Ford F-150 Raptor
Fiancé’s rig: 2014 JKUR
Experience: Adept
Welcome to Overland Bound Nick
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys. I'm over here in Amarillo, TX. My rig is an 06 F250. I'm definitely a novice. All of my overlanding has the lakes and the one river in my area. I look forward to getting out and seeing the rest of what the earth has to offer. That's why I'm here.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Baber

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I hail from the Pac Nor’west. I’ve been following the YouTube channel for some time and decided it was time to take the plunge in the massive one time payment and become a member!!!!
I’m kinda a day tripper at the moment but can swing overnight if needed. I love day trips on the Finney-Cumberland road to Darrington and the brewery there.
We have property in the hills north of Ellensburg.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,
I’m not new to build from a drawing on a napkin, or pad(paper aided design) as I don’t have experience with working with cad. I’m a jack of all trades as you will see in my future posts. I design and fabricate drop down ice fishing shanties as a hobby and some are hydraulic raise and lower. My next build is to build a overland camper for my wife and I to stay in while enjoying the great northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, Wyoming, and Colorado landscapes. I look forward to seeing everyone builds and hope to learn more everyday.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

My name is Greg and I live in Naples, FL.

I have an adventure rig named Eleanor. She is a 1996 Land Rover Discovery 5spd.

I am an experienced off-road enthusiast BUT far from expert...always learning from others.

Excited to connect with like minded individuals!! View attachment 164074
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder & @Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hell all,
I'm Sam, I typically go by Samwise - it's a trail name that carried over from my time in Scouting. New to the forum, but I've been following the OB channel for some time.
I work in the automotive field, but my background is in natural science and history.
I'm a backpacker and a Toyota geek, but I love all rigs, especially the ones that are well thought-out and cool.

I drive a 1996 Toyota T100 Excab RWD and my wife's car is a 2019 4Runner SR5, and i'm looking forward to networking with folks here and learning new things.
Welcome to Overland Bound Sam
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is an occasional meet-up in Rohnert Park that you might be interested in. Check to meet-up page for more information.

Reactions: Wildcat-01

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) View attachment 164023
2) NC Bragg area
3) Rig 2019 Chevy Silverado Trail boss (work in progress)
4) Overlanding Experience NONE! But I am looking to get started! First trip next weekend to an established camp ground at the beach.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Reactions: Hunterown

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Y'all,

Retired from Education and leaving the Class C behind (probably home base). Just experimenting with different setups so my avatar will change as I seek adventure while I still physically can..(lol). Old age has creeped upon me so I decided if I'm go to adventure this is the time.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Member I

Westchester, NY, USA
First Name
Rene
Last Name
B.
Member #

Aloha OBers...

Here's my new baby, a 2020 Black Edition Pilot.

CCD5167C-AEEE-4A1E-9302-90FB49BDE72B.jpeg

I live in Westchester NY and am eager to find some folks in the area who can help me get out and onto some trails and sites and begin my Overlanding adventures.

I have my first small trip planned for early September in Jersey and am hoping to sneak 1 or two overnighters in between now and then. I have yet to officially Overland but I've spent plenty of nights sleeping in my car when I lived in the city.

Thanks for having me.

AlphaJD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Duggan
Member #

Greetings and Well Met!

I'm JD, currently residing in Lakewood Ranch, FL. (near Tampa/Sarasota)

I'd consider myself an advance novice at overlanding. (IE, I go camping and have taken trips but have only recently really gotten into being more serious about those trips)
I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport, Hard Top, in Commando green.
Her names Source Code
IG - Source Code

I look forward to chatting, and learning from everyone.

Jeep - SourceCode.JPG

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon "Hard Rock"
Overlanding Experience: Novice

View attachment 164689
I like the forum name!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings and Well Met!

I'm JD, in level 40's and currently residing in Lakewood Ranch, FL. (near Tampa/Sarasota)

I'd consider myself an advance novice at overlanding. (IE, I go camping and have taken trips but have only recently really gotten into being more serious about those trips)
I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport, Hard Top, in Commando green.
Her names Source Code
IG - Source Code

I look forward to chatting, and learning from everyone.

View attachment 164674
Welcome To Overland Bound JD
I like that color, good looking rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Reactions: AlphaJD