Cape Coral, FL, USA
First Name
Payton
Last Name
DeMay
Member #

1) View attachment 164023
2) NC Bragg area
3) Rig 2019 Chevy Silverado Trail boss (work in progress)
4) Overlanding Experience NONE! But I am looking to get started! First trip next weekend to an established camp ground at the beach.
Solid choice of truck their man, I’ve been enjoying mine for off roading and overlanding since I started up. There’s not a lot of companies tailoring to us out there though so if you find something good make a shout out for the rest of us!

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Hello everyone! New guy joining from Cincinnati OH. Been lurking here for almost a year and officially joined as a member today. New to overlanding and about a month ago I bought a 2019 Ford Ranger to get started with. Looking forward to learning and building out my first rig.

Don
Welcome KB8WXZ. I'm from Hamilton and also drive a 2019 Ranger

Reactions: Kent R

Hunterown

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sanford, NC, USA
First Name
Hunter
Last Name
Owen
Solid choice of truck their man, I’ve been enjoying mine for off roading and overlanding since I started up. There’s not a lot of companies tailoring to us out there though so if you find something good make a shout out for the rest of us!
will do not a lot of full size overland rigs running around. I have a big challange as my truck is the family overland rig and my daily driver!

Contributor I

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Quigley
Last Name
Down under
Greetings,
I’m not new to build from a drawing on a napkin, or pad(paper aided design) as I don’t have experience with working with cad. I’m a jack of all trades as you will see in my future posts. I design and fabricate drop down ice fishing shanties as a hobby and some are hydraulic raise and lower. My next build is to build a overland camper for my wife and I to stay in while enjoying the great northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, Wyoming, and Colorado landscapes. I look forward to seeing everyone builds and hope to learn more everyday.

Attachments

N8TURE

Rank II

Member I

Mount Dora, FL, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
S
Member #

Hello all!

My name is Greg and I live in Naples, FL.

I have an adventure rig named Eleanor. She is a 1996 Land Rover Discovery 5spd.

I am an experienced off-road enthusiast BUT far from expert...always learning from others.

Excited to connect with like minded individuals!! View attachment 164074
Great looking rover, 5-speeds are reaching unicorn status.

The Lorax

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Skagit Valley, WA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Lindsay
Member #

Hello all. I hail from the Pac Nor’west. I’ve been following the YouTube channel for some time and decided it was time to take the plunge in the massive one time payment and become a member!!!!
I’m kinda a day tripper at the moment but can swing overnight if needed. I love day trips on the Finney-Cumberland road to Darrington and the brewery there.
We have property in the hills north of Ellensburg.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Hi guys. I'm over here in Amarillo, TX. My rig is an 06 F250. I'm definitely a novice. All of my overlanding has the lakes and the one river in my area. I look forward to getting out and seeing the rest of what the earth has to offer. That's why I'm here.
Hmm I grew up over there and your tell me there are lakes and rivers there? They must have put them in after I left...LOL

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
We call it a river. We use that term loosely. The Canadian river. Lake Meredith, Mackenzie, Greenbelt, Ute, Palo Duro Canyon. That sort of stuff.
I worked for my friend's dad that had a dozer service. We did a lot of work for Burlington Northern including doing the dirt work for a new bridge they built of the the Canadian river on the Cal Farley Boys ranch property.

DirtHerder

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Monica, CA, USA
First Name
Junki
Last Name
Saita
Member #

Hello OB community,

I joined you all a few months ago but, I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been pretty hesitant to stick my head out and introduce myself because I don’t drive a particularly trail worthy rig like the overland ubiquitous Tacomas or Jeeps.

Once upon a time I drove a 2000 Xterra. It was my first new car, I loved it, but I crashed her into a building one sad sleep deprived day.

Spoiler alert: building won... barely a scratch. Xterra, totaled.

Nowadays I drive a (wait for it) 2014 Honda Odyssey.

Needless to say it sets the outer limits of our explorations to rough fire roads. At best.

I had been telling myself I’d trade the Odyssey for a more trail worthy rig (like a Tacoma) when the kids have all moved out, join Overland Bound and get out there. But, over the years the Odyssey has grown on me and, really, I want my kids to experience this journey with me.

So, I joined OB, and have set out to outfit the Odyssey to be at least the tiniest bit more suitable for overlanding. The plan is to change out tires and suspension, strap a good shovel and recovery boards to the roof and see how far that gets me.

I get it. Maybe a silly notion. Maybe could be considered a waste of time, effort and money... but going for it anyway.

I look forward to learning, collaborating and contributing from, with and to the community.

Wish me luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

IronBeast

Rank III

Contributor III

Murfreesboro, TN
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Denton
Member #

We are new to overland life, but have a couple decades of backpack camping experience. Have two teenage boys so we are exploring the possible next chapter of our life.

Rig: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie
Possible next rig: Bronco, Wrangler or something cheap to beat up.
Experience: Noobies

JordanRam

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Jordan And Candice Stanley Here. Been dreaming of Overlanding and this year we take our first steps. We have trailed and rock crawled in the past and that is where our experience lies the most. We have a 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar edition with the Off Road package black edition. Current mods are just a bed cover that is going to be coming off. We just ordered the Icon stage 5 suspension, Putco bed rack, Smitty Built Gen 2 rooftop tent in the XL, Vice Designs hidden winch bracket and a Smitty 12,000 pound XRC winch, mounts for awning, rotopax, and ARB traction pads, Upgraded lights for up front heads to fogs, with have new tires, awning, and many other accessories ordered tomorrow to get this thing ready for the trail. Custom fabricating a rear tire and gear rack and rock sliders. Also going to be fabricating a enclosed weather resistant pull out kitchen box. Thinking also about doing the Decked bed drawers.

Look forward to meeting up and putting this rig to the test. Pictures to be posted as I go. I'll make a thread in the vehicle build forums.

casey

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Concord, CA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Jordan And Candice Stanley Here. Been dreaming of Overlanding and this year we take our first steps. We have trailed and rock crawled in the past and that is where our experience lies the most. We have a 2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar edition with the Off Road package black edition. Current mods are just a bed cover that is going to be coming off. We just ordered the Icon stage 5 suspension, Putco bed rack, Smitty Built Gen 2 rooftop tent in the XL, Vice Designs hidden winch bracket and a Smitty 12,000 pound XRC winch, mounts for awning, rotopax, and ARB traction pads, Upgraded lights for up front heads to fogs, with have new tires, awning, and many other accessories ordered tomorrow to get this thing ready for the trail. Custom fabricating a rear tire and gear rack and rock sliders. Also going to be fabricating a enclosed weather resistant pull out kitchen box. Thinking also about doing the Decked bed drawers.

Look forward to meeting up and putting this rig to the test. Pictures to be posted as I go. I'll make a thread in the vehicle build forums.
I ordered that gen 2 tent back at the beginning of June. After waiting a month for an update I called and they said they were backordered, probably won’t start shipping until September at the earliest. I canceled it and got a Tepui used on this forum. Couldn’t wait that long. Hopefully you have better luck than me! I’ll follow your build.

LumixLab

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Young Harris, Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mauldin
Member #

We are new to overland life, but have a couple decades of backpack camping experience. Have two teenage boys so we are exploring the possible next chapter of our life.

Rig: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie
Possible next rig: Bronco, Wrangler or something cheap to beat up.
Experience: Noobies
Welcome from the N Georgia mountains!

JordanRam

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I ordered that gen 2 tent back at the beginning of June. After waiting a month for an update I called and they said they were backordered, probably won’t start shipping until September at the earliest. I canceled it and got a Tepui used on this forum. Couldn’t wait that long. Hopefully you have better luck than me! I’ll follow your build.
Ordered at the local 4 wheel parts retail location. They got 200 of them a few weeks ago and filled orders and then sold the others in two days. They are expecting another load in a few weeks.

Reactions: Kent R and casey