Member I

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
S
Member #

Hey everyone,

Rich from New Hampshire here. I spend years in the Olympic mountains and Capital State forest of the PNW while in the Army. Overlanding is in my blood and have been at it for years at various levels. Currently, I'm building up a 2017 Toyota Tundra for a full size overland rig. My wife and I also have a 2017 4Runner that she uses as her daily driver, not too much work done to it at this point.
This is a great community and I look forward to interacting and meeting as many of you as I can. Be safe!

Rich

Contributor I

Minidoka Idaho
First Name
Harley
Last Name
Bateman
Hey everyone!

New member from Idaho. Just purchased a 2005 LR3 with the HD package to build it into a overlanding rig.

I have traveled all over southern Idaho on various trails but mainly I haunt the Big Desert.

Glad to be here and hope to cross paths someday with a few adventurers.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey everyone!

New member from Idaho. Just purchased a 2005 LR3 with the HD package to build it into a overlanding rig.

I have traveled all over southern Idaho on various trails but mainly I haunt the Big Desert.

Welcome Harley,
I am the Northwest Director, @David H is your closest Member Representative. Lots of stuff happening just southwest of you, check out Member Maps, Member Meetups and Overland Bound By Region Northwest for more information.

Feel free to message myself or @David H with any questions you might have.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

KB8WXZ

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Don
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB8WXZ
Hello everyone! New guy joining from Cincinnati OH. Been lurking here for almost a year and officially joined as a member today. New to overlanding and about a month ago I bought a 2019 Ford Ranger to get started with. Looking forward to learning and building out my first rig.

Don

EuripidesNutz

Rank II

Contributor III

Boston, MA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Revie
Member #

Hi All!

1. I'm Phillip +1 (girlfriend). We're in our early 30's. You can find me here, not that I post much. Instagram (rarely used but it exists)
  2. We're located in Boston, but have land in VT and family in DC and Manhattan (where we're from).
  3. i'm an experience climber/skier/thru hiker/whitewater kayaker from back in the day, a former first responder and Outward Bound instructor for mullti-month trips. No, I never owned the obligatory Tacoma that goes with any of those things.
  4. I've had a lot of 'rigs' over the years, but none were overland builds, mostly Grand Cherokees and F150's loaded with bins of gear.
  5. Currently I drive a GTI, but (like 80 million gazillion other people) I ordered a Bronco on release night.
  6. We currently travel out of Michelle's HRV for road trips. Southern NH or Newport RI for weekends is not uncommon, but we also just got back from a 4 day weekend in Lee in the Berkshires, getting some trail runs and kayaking in. That having been said, we do travel a fair amount, just not right now for obvious reasons.
  7. Right now we're just looking to build out a network while I wait on the truck to arrive, though any HRV friendly trails and friends to use them with are always great!

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

1. I'm Phillip +1 (girlfriend). We're in our early 30's. You can find me here, not that I post much. Instagram (rarely used but it exists)
  2. We're located in Boston, but have land in VT and family in DC and Manhattan (where we're from).
  3. i'm an experience climber/skier/thru hiker/whitewater kayaker from back in the day, a former first responder and Outward Bound instructor for mullti-month trips. No, I never owned the obligatory Tacoma that goes with any of those things.
  4. I've had a lot of 'rigs' over the years, but none were overland builds, mostly Grand Cherokees and F150's loaded with bins of gear.
  5. Currently I drive a GTI, but (like 80 million gazillion other people) I ordered a Bronco on release night.
  6. We currently travel out of Michelle's HRV for road trips. Southern NH or Newport RI for weekends is not uncommon, but we also just got back from a 4 day weekend in Lee in the Berkshires, getting some trail runs and kayaking in. That having been said, we do travel a fair amount, just not right now for obvious reasons.
  7. Right now we're just looking to build out a network while I wait on the truck to arrive, though any HRV friendly trails and friends to use them with are always great!
Welcome to Overland Bound Phillip
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! New guy joining from Cincinnati OH. Been lurking here for almost a year and officially joined as a member today. New to overlanding and about a month ago I bought a 2019 Ford Ranger to get started with. Looking forward to learning and building out my first rig.

Don
Welcome to Overland Bound Don.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTOutdoorsman
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

Rich from New Hampshire here. I spend years in the Olympic mountains and Capital State forest of the PNW while in the Army. Overlanding is in my blood and have been at it for years at various levels. Currently, I'm building up a 2017 Toyota Tundra for a full size overland rig. My wife and I also have a 2017 4Runner that she uses as her daily driver, not too much work done to it at this point.
This is a great community and I look forward to interacting and meeting as many of you as I can. Be safe!

Rich
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Hello Y'all,

Retired from Education and leaving the Class C behind (probably home base). Just experimenting with different setups so my avatar will change as I seek adventure while I still physically can..(lol). Old age has creeped upon me so I decided if I'm go to adventure this is the time.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
1) View attachment 164023
2) NC Bragg area
3) Rig 2019 Chevy Silverado Trail boss (work in progress)
4) Overlanding Experience NONE! But I am looking to get started! First trip next weekend to an established camp ground at the beach.
Spent 4 years at Ft. Bragg...many years ago

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Bay Area, California
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
Hell all,
I'm Sam, I typically go by Samwise - it's a trail name that carried over from my time in Scouting. New to the forum, but I've been following the OB channel for some time.
I work in the automotive field, but my background is in natural science and history.
I'm a backpacker and a Toyota geek, but I love all rigs, especially the ones that are well thought-out and cool.

I drive a 1996 Toyota T100 Excab RWD and my wife's car is a 2019 4Runner SR5, and i'm looking forward to networking with folks here and learning new things.

Attachments

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

Hell all,
I'm Sam, I typically go by Samwise - it's a trail name that carried over from my time in Scouting. New to the forum, but I've been following the OB channel for some time.
I work in the automotive field, but my background is in natural science and history.
I'm a backpacker and a Toyota geek, but I love all rigs, especially the ones that are well thought-out and cool.

I drive a 1996 Toyota T100 Excab RWD and my wife's car is a 2019 4Runner SR5, and i'm looking forward to networking with folks here and learning new things.
Digging the poncho

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Rich (@Boppa's Travels ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have a monthly meet up in the DFW area, I know it's not real close to you but in Texas close is a relative term. DFW Meet and Greet July 26, 2020
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Hello Rich (@Boppa's Travels ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have a monthly meet up in the DFW area, I know it's not real close to you but in Texas close is a relative term. DFW Meet and Greet July 26, 2020
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thanks and I saw the meetup. Trying to decide if I could be that close to one of my favorite store my credit card keeps saying NOOOOO.