Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Overland Bound community!

I am excited to join in the information exchange and adventure.

Bits about me: My Name is Todd, I drive multiple rigs ranging from a 1963 international Scout (recently sold) to my current ride a 1986 Ford F-150 single cab and short bed. I live and drive in West Virginia and love the mountains. I have been running trails in a vehicle for the last 20 years and I know i can always learn more, but i consider myself a decent driver/climber.
Welcome to Overland Bound Todd
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Overland Bound!

My name is Scott. My wife and I recently moved from the city (Seattle/Tacoma area) to southwest Oregon and bought a used 4Runner for exploring the country. I found Overland Bound because I watched some of Michael's videos on the YouTubes and I liked the sound of his founding principles, which echoed what I used to teach beginning backpackers back when I was doing that for a living.

I've been bombing down remote roads since I was 16 in whatever vehicle would carry me and sleeping in the back at trailheads and pull-offs and the parking lots of ski resorts because that's how you got to the more remote spots and made backpacking/climbing/ski trips affordable when you're a poor college student. At some point, I circled back because that uncomplicated mode of travel still feels 'right' but I'm not a college kid anymore and my aching bones demand a more comfortable sleeping arrangement. :)

Current Vehicle: 2010 4Runner SR5 (mostly stock for now)
Overland Experience: Is there such a thing as an experience novice?
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott.
K Falls is a great location lots to do.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy y'all!

New member and Overlander based in Texas – I love exploration and adventure and the active meditation of living intentionally when packing everything you need and not much you won't. Intermediate off-road pilot, amateur overland-er, grateful to the journey and those I meet along the way!

My trusty steed: 2003 Toyota 4Runner with a strong heart

Cheers!

Matt
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Davidmoate

Rank 0

Contributor I

53.6818 -0.6665
First Name
David
Last Name
Moate
Hey Overland Bound,

My name is David and I’m based over in the UK. Have a slightly odd fascination with Landrovers and always owned at least one. Currently have a 2004 Discovery 2 Td5 which we are kitting out for overland travels. We have a few shakedown trips planned for across the UK this summer with our first trip into mainland Europe already in the planning for 2021.

We are aiming to hit Granada in southern Spain then a run back up the coast over just a couple of weeks. I’d like to get to Morocco as our next trip.

Glad I’ve stumbled across overland bound as there’s a wealth of information on here that will take a lifetime to get through.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Overland Bound,

My name is David and I’m based over in the UK. Have a slightly odd fascination with Landrovers and always owned at least one. Currently have a 2004 Discovery 2 Td5 which we are kitting out for overland travels. We have a few shakedown trips planned for across the UK this summer with our first trip into mainland Europe already in the planning for 2021.

We are aiming to hit Granada in southern Spain then a run back up the coast over just a couple of weeks. I’d like to get to Morocco as our next trip.

Glad I’ve stumbled across overland bound as there’s a wealth of information on here that will take a lifetime to get through.
Welcome to Overland Bound David
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool in the UK
Your Regional Director in West Europe is @Polaris Overland and in Mid Europe it is @Robert OB 33/48 They can help you with local information.
Also if you desire to upgrade to a paid membership, that can be done through @Polaris Overland.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Howdy, all!

My name's Hogan and I currently reside in east central Illinois with my wife and kids, we've lived here for a hair over 5 years now. We migrated from SoCal and don't regret it, the quality of life here is much better. I'm actually a California native (Northern CA), wife is from AZ. I've been an off-road enthusiast since before I could drive since I grew up off-pavement. I've had numerous Jeeps and a couple of Scouts over the past 23 years or so, oldest one was a '47 Willys CJ-2a that I took over the Rubicon. Also had a CJ-7, couple of XJs, a built YJ that I took to Johnson Valley here and there, a '15 JKUR, and my wife currently has a '16 WK2 EcoDiesel. Also had a '64 Scout 80 and a '71 Scout 800b. However, the overlanding rig that I'm working on now is my '17 GMC Canyon CCLB 4WD with the 2.8 Duramax. I've been wanting to start doing this for probably a year now but it was hard to get my wife onboard. She's been talking about wanting to go on backpacking trips for multiple days or weeks and that's just not my thing, so I got her onboard with overlanding and doing some decent day hikes. If she wants to do multi-day backpacking trips then she can do those with her cousin. :D

So, the build/outfitting has begun as we're planning on heading to Colorado next month. We've already collected a lot of camping stuff over the years so we're not starting from scratch, thankfully, but I've had my fill of ground tent camping so I've got an RTT coming for the trip. Anyway, that's for another thread.

Just wanted to do the newb thing and introduce myself. Hello!

Cj13

Rank II

Contributor II

Mount Olive, AL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

My name is chris,I live in mount olive al. My main rig is a 2000 jeep xj, 5" lift,35" tires,long arm suspension, lockers,winch,I'm getting ready to outfit it with a bed and fridge. I was brought up riding in the woods with everything from dirt bikes to rock bouncers. I decided to get into overlanding and camping since I have a family now. I hope to meet some locals to ride with. Here is a picture of my jeep a few weeks ago. She looks a little bit different now

Attachments

Taco4r

Rank III

Member III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Hi everyone!

My name is Anthony (you can call me AG).
I'm currently living in Long Beach, CA and have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. I also have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner that I may build some day. I have intermediate experience and look forward to learning more from this community!

Here's a picture from my recent trip to Fawnskin. Don't mind the TX plate, I lived there for a few years and haven't had a chance to swap them out since the DMV offices were closed.

Big Bear June 2020 011.JPG

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hey Overland Bound,

Hello David,

Welcome to the forum. If you need anything about Europe or Morocco, I hope I can help. Been to Morocco twice and well known in europe.
So just give a shout if you think I can help.

Greetings from Robert

Tystickb

Rank I

Member I

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Marshall
Member #

Hello! My names Tyler. I reside in Santa Cruz Ca. I have always loved exploring and seeing new places. i was tossed into a very active boyscout group as a kid and i learned a lot in the ways of outdoor living and survival. These days i feel most comfortable out there exploring. Ive been into Getting cars and trucks into places not a lot of people can get cars and trucks for well over 10 years now. Ive had a lot of different 4x4s throughout the years. these days im rocking a Franken-yota for more difficult trips and an isuzu rodeo for more relaxing trips. I started hearing the term "overlanding" and Found this community a few years ago, but have always sat on the sidelines trying to soak up information. Its cool to find a term for what i love to do. Now, Im happy to be apart of the club! Thanks for having me.

Attachments

Agatsu Adventures

Rank II

Contributor III

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Hi everyone, My name is John and we're a family of 5 located in Chilliwack BC.
We're just getting starting in Overlanding but we have always been up for adventure.
Our current rig is a 2017 F-150 . I used to have a '91 Land Cruiser 78 when we lived in Japan and looking to eventually import another one to set up as our main rig.
We're very happy to be here!

Pic22.jpegPic1.jpeg.

T4R208

Rank II

Contributor III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Deric
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hey everyone!

My names Deric I currently live in Idaho, been offroad most of my life but never into overlanding much, besides a few overnight trips. I’m super excited to get into it and ready to learn from this community!

I’m building my 2004 Toyota 4Runner sport: lift, 33s for now, snorkel, rear locker, winch, oba, and so much more to go.
I’m excited to meet new people and have new adventures.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everyone, My name is John and we're a family of 5 located in Chilliwack BC.
We're just getting starting in Overlanding but we have always been up for adventure.
Our current rig is a 2017 F-150 . I used to have a '91 Land Cruiser 78 when we lived in Japan and looking to eventually import another one to set up as our main rig.
We're very happy to be here!

View attachment 161712View attachment 161713.
Welcome John,
I love your RTT, while not my style the red looks different from the normal, and your setup looks amazing.
I am the Northwest Director, @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. Check out the Members Map and the Rally Points for People and activities close to you. Be sure to check out Overland Bound By Region for news and events in Western Canada.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. We love chatting about our rigs, trips, and answering questions members have.

Be sure to check into the Inland Northwest Conference Call Sunday at 7:30 PM Pacific Time hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Mike Rose
Northwest Director

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey everyone!

My names Deric I currently live in Idaho, been offroad most of my life but never into overlanding much, besides a few overnight trips. I’m super excited to get into it and ready to learn from this community!

I’m building my 2004 Toyota 4Runner sport: lift, 33s for now, snorkel, rear locker, winch, oba, and so much more to go.
Welcome Deric,
Nice 4runner. The 2004 Runners were the best of the best, Just ask @KRose and @Sandpoint Steve .
I am the Northwest Director, @David H is your closest Member Representative. Check out the Members Map and the Rally Points for People and activities close to you. Be sure to check out Overland Bound By Region for news and events in Western Canada.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. We love chatting about our rigs, trips, and answering questions members have.

Be sure to check into the Southern Idaho Conference call at 7:30 Mountain Time hosted by @David H and the Inland Northwest Conference Call Sunday at 7:30 PM Pacific Time hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Mike Rose
Northwest Director

T4R208

Rank II

Contributor III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Deric
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hey everyone!

Welcome Deric,
Nice 4runner. The 2004 Runners were the best of the best, Just ask @KRose and @Sandpoint Steve .
I am the Northwest Director, @David H is your closest Member Representative. Check out the Members Map and the Rally Points for People and activities close to you. Be sure to check out Overland Bound By Region for news and events in Western Canada.

Be sure to check into the Southern Idaho Conference call at 7:30 Mountain Time hosted by @David H and the Inland Northwest Conference Call Sunday at 7:30 PM Pacific Time hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Mike Rose
Northwest Director

Hey thanks a ton! Super excited to be here!

Agatsu Adventures

Rank II

Contributor III

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the shout out about the setup! Still getting started and lots of things to do, I haven't done anything mechanical to improve the truck yet.
Also thank you for the info regarding my closest member rep, the member map, etc.. Will definitely check it all out! Looking forward to learning a ton!

Thanks again and great to meet ya!

John

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi Mike!

Thanks for the shout out about the setup! Still getting started and lots of things to do, I haven't done anything mechanical to improve the truck yet.
Also thank you for the info regarding my closest member rep, the member map, etc.. Will definitely check it all out! Looking forward to learning a ton!

Thanks again and great to meet ya!

John
Hey nothing wrong with stock :)
956C07A5-104E-48BA-84F6-D514D4FBA603.jpeg

KISS is our motto here in the Northwest. @Sandpoint Steve also runs a 4th Gen Runner which is an inspiration to mild upgrades built for simplicity and on the cheap.