Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

My names Deric I currently live in Idaho, been offroad most of my life but never into overlanding much, besides a few overnight trips. I’m super excited to get into it and ready to learn from this community!

I’m building my 2004 Toyota 4Runner sport: lift, 33s for now, snorkel, rear locker, winch, oba, and so much more to go.
I’m excited to meet new people and have new adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound Deric.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, My name is John and we're a family of 5 located in Chilliwack BC.
We're just getting starting in Overlanding but we have always been up for adventure.
Our current rig is a 2017 F-150 . I used to have a '91 Land Cruiser 78 when we lived in Japan and looking to eventually import another one to set up as our main rig.
We're very happy to be here!

View attachment 161712View attachment 161713.
Welcome to Overland Bound John.
Good looking set up. The picture of the LC was great.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My names Tyler. I reside in Santa Cruz Ca. I have always loved exploring and seeing new places. i was tossed into a very active boyscout group as a kid and i learned a lot in the ways of outdoor living and survival. These days i feel most comfortable out there exploring. Ive been into Getting cars and trucks into places not a lot of people can get cars and trucks for well over 10 years now. Ive had a lot of different 4x4s throughout the years. these days im rocking a Franken-yota for more difficult trips and an isuzu rodeo for more relaxing trips. I started hearing the term "overlanding" and Found this community a few years ago, but have always sat on the sidelines trying to soak up information. Its cool to find a term for what i love to do. Now, Im happy to be apart of the club! Thanks for having me.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tyler.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 161660
1) Scott Wilder
2) Chicago, IL
3) 2003 Honda Pilot
4) Drove Hummers and 2 1/2 ton trucks in the army. New to overlanding as a civilian
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

My name is Anthony (you can call me AG).
I'm currently living in Long Beach, CA and have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. I also have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner that I may build some day. I have intermediate experience and look forward to learning more from this community!

Here's a picture from my recent trip to Fawnskin. Don't mind the TX plate, I lived there for a few years and haven't had a chance to swap them out since the DMV offices were closed.

View attachment 161655
Welcome to Overland Bound Anthony.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is chris,I live in mount olive al. My main rig is a 2000 jeep xj, 5" lift,35" tires,long arm suspension, lockers,winch,I'm getting ready to outfit it with a bed and fridge. I was brought up riding in the woods with everything from dirt bikes to rock bouncers. I decided to get into overlanding and camping since I have a family now. I hope to meet some locals to ride with. Here is a picture of my jeep a few weeks ago. She looks a little bit different now
Welcome To Overland Bound Chris.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy, all!

My name's Hogan and I currently reside in east central Illinois with my wife and kids, we've lived here for a hair over 5 years now. We migrated from SoCal and don't regret it, the quality of life here is much better. I'm actually a California native (Northern CA), wife is from AZ. I've been an off-road enthusiast since before I could drive since I grew up off-pavement. I've had numerous Jeeps and a couple of Scouts over the past 23 years or so, oldest one was a '47 Willys CJ-2a that I took over the Rubicon. Also had a CJ-7, couple of XJs, a built YJ that I took to Johnson Valley here and there, a '15 JKUR, and my wife currently has a '16 WK2 EcoDiesel. Also had a '64 Scout 80 and a '71 Scout 800b. However, the overlanding rig that I'm working on now is my '17 GMC Canyon CCLB 4WD with the 2.8 Duramax. I've been wanting to start doing this for probably a year now but it was hard to get my wife onboard. She's been talking about wanting to go on backpacking trips for multiple days or weeks and that's just not my thing, so I got her onboard with overlanding and doing some decent day hikes. If she wants to do multi-day backpacking trips then she can do those with her cousin. :D

So, the build/outfitting has begun as we're planning on heading to Colorado next month. We've already collected a lot of camping stuff over the years so we're not starting from scratch, thankfully, but I've had my fill of ground tent camping so I've got an RTT coming for the trip. Anyway, that's for another thread.

Just wanted to do the newb thing and introduce myself. Hello!
Welcome to Overland Bound Hogan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region” But when you go to Colorado our two member reps there can assist you finding local info if needed. @the_runn4r & @Neal A. Tew
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello! My names Tyler. I reside in Santa Cruz Ca. I have always loved exploring and seeing new places. i was tossed into a very active boyscout group as a kid and i learned a lot in the ways of outdoor living and survival. These days i feel most comfortable out there exploring. Ive been into Getting cars and trucks into places not a lot of people can get cars and trucks for well over 10 years now. Ive had a lot of different 4x4s throughout the years. these days im rocking a Franken-yota for more difficult trips and an isuzu rodeo for more relaxing trips. I started hearing the term "overlanding" and Found this community a few years ago, but have always sat on the sidelines trying to soak up information. Its cool to find a term for what i love to do. Now, Im happy to be apart of the club! Thanks for having me.
Hey Tyler, the Franken-yota comment made me laugh. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Tystickb and Kent R

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Howdy, all!

My name's Hogan and I currently reside in east central Illinois with my wife and kids, we've lived here for a hair over 5 years now. We migrated from SoCal and don't regret it, the quality of life here is much better. I'm actually a California native (Northern CA), wife is from AZ. I've been an off-road enthusiast since before I could drive since I grew up off-pavement. I've had numerous Jeeps and a couple of Scouts over the past 23 years or so, oldest one was a '47 Willys CJ-2a that I took over the Rubicon. Also had a CJ-7, couple of XJs, a built YJ that I took to Johnson Valley here and there, a '15 JKUR, and my wife currently has a '16 WK2 EcoDiesel. Also had a '64 Scout 80 and a '71 Scout 800b. However, the overlanding rig that I'm working on now is my '17 GMC Canyon CCLB 4WD with the 2.8 Duramax. I've been wanting to start doing this for probably a year now but it was hard to get my wife onboard. She's been talking about wanting to go on backpacking trips for multiple days or weeks and that's just not my thing, so I got her onboard with overlanding and doing some decent day hikes. If she wants to do multi-day backpacking trips then she can do those with her cousin. :D

So, the build/outfitting has begun as we're planning on heading to Colorado next month. We've already collected a lot of camping stuff over the years so we're not starting from scratch, thankfully, but I've had my fill of ground tent camping so I've got an RTT coming for the trip. Anyway, that's for another thread.

Just wanted to do the newb thing and introduce myself. Hello!
Welcome! I believed we've already run into each other in your planning thread....

Reactions: Kent R and DRAX

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or you can contact our Bay Area member representative @PapaDave. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which will keep you up to date on upcoming local meetups, training opportunities and trail runs.

I look forward to meet you out on the trail or at a meetup, in the future.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone,
2) Location: Milford, CT
3) Rig: Subaru Forester
4) Overlanding Experience: Green, so green it would hurt eyes to look at me directly.

I look forward to get out there
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone!

My names Deric I currently live in Idaho, been offroad most of my life but never into overlanding much, besides a few overnight trips. I’m super excited to get into it and ready to learn from this community!

I’m building my 2004 Toyota 4Runner sport: lift, 33s for now, snorkel, rear locker, winch, oba, and so much more to go.
I’m excited to meet new people and have new adventures.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone!

My name is Anthony (you can call me AG).
I'm currently living in Long Beach, CA and have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. I also have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner that I may build some day. I have intermediate experience and look forward to learning more from this community!

Here's a picture from my recent trip to Fawnskin. Don't mind the TX plate, I lived there for a few years and haven't had a chance to swap them out since the DMV offices were closed.

View attachment 161655
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or you can contact our LA member representatives @Barclay & @Frank Martinez . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which will keep you up to date on upcoming local meetups, training opportunities and trail runs.

I look forward to meet you out on the trail or at a meetup, in the future.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R and Taco4r

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
My name is chris,I live in mount olive al. My main rig is a 2000 jeep xj, 5" lift,35" tires,long arm suspension, lockers,winch,I'm getting ready to outfit it with a bed and fridge. I was brought up riding in the woods with everything from dirt bikes to rock bouncers. I decided to get into overlanding and camping since I have a family now. I hope to meet some locals to ride with. Here is a picture of my jeep a few weeks ago. She looks a little bit different now