Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
My name is Antonio or Tony for short. Im glad that Im able to join this forum and soon to be a member of Overland Bound. I have my 2017 SJ Forester that Im starting to work on. Me and my wife loves the outdoor. Looking forward to meet you guys. Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound Antonio.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy. New ad to the forum. Iv bounced around here on and off for a little bit. Usually a loaner but trying to branch out lately. Either way, here are my current rigs. a 1997 Lexus LX450 and a 2007 Lexus GX470. See yall around.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hola,
I’ve been lurking this site along with ih8mud for a couple years and figured these are both great overland communities and along with general off-road.
I’ve been overlanding for about 6 years and this is my second dedicated overland build. I’m finally back here in Washington state and glad to see so many others out here enjoying it. I’m in the Olympic Peninsula area and I am running a 96 80 series. I’ll see you guys out on the trails.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Coopler

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, TX
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Cooper
Hey y’all. Aaron here from Austin, TX. My fiancée and I have a 06 Wrangler Unlimited. We love camping, fly fishing and mountain biking (all the hobbies), and I have always enjoyed tinkering with cars, so over landing has come to us naturally, I’d say. We’re trying to keep the Jeep as stock as possible, so we won’t be going crazy with fenders and lift kits and major changes. I grew up tinkering with Honda’s and learned that reliability can sometimes suffer with aftermarket performance parts, and stock LJs are hard to come by, so as stock as possible it will be.
We’re just getting started and aside from replacing little stock pieces here and there (hood prop catch, floor mats, door straps, sun visors) have installed new K02s on stocks wheels and a OneUp bike rack with RackAttach.
We currently have a Smittybilt brief top and tonneau cover that will be replaced with a Bestop Sailcloth (on order) with factory hardware. I’ve got a Smittybilt roof rack on order as well and their XL overlander tent. I understand those aren’t the premiere tents if you take the tent route but the price point was right for us and meant I didn’t have to slap together a cargo trailer.
I’m currently figuring out how to mount a GI Jerry can behind the front wheel with a u-bolt hitch receiver and a can mount. Haven’t seen many people running around with those cool old green cans, and we really liked the one we saw in the surplus store.
I came across OB watching YouTube videos for sliding drawers and kitchens and saw an incredible system, custom built by the owner of a Taco using extruded aluminum slot hardware. I’m not going to have time to put together a system like that before our first trip, but decided instead to throw something together that will just limp us through it, and then tackle it when we get back. We definitely don’t have as much room as a truck, but I figure I could build a system up to 4 feet in length.
looking forward to spending some time here!

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hola,
I’ve been lurking this site along with ih8mud for a couple years and figured these are both great overland communities and along with general off-road.
I’ve been overlanding for about 6 years and this is my second dedicated overland build. I’m finally back here in Washington state and glad to see so many others out here enjoying it. I’m in the Olympic Peninsula area and I am running a 96 80 series. I’ll see you guys out on the trails.
Welcome,
Glad you finally joined up.
I’m the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Rep.
Check out the Member Map to find out hers close
to you. Overland Bound Meetups list activities in your area.
feel free to
Contact myself or Gabriel with any questions or concerns you might have. Also
Check out The Overland Bound Northwest Facebook Page.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Beefcake_LX

Rank 0

Contributor I

California
First Name
Jose
Last Name
M
Hello,

Just stumbled upon Overland Bound recently while looking for gear reviews on coolers and refrigerator/freezer units. Long-ish time member/lurker of the IH8MUD community, sporadic lurker at Expedition Portal, gear nerd. So...

1) Picture - Working on it. Photo of Sportster is not mine, but I like it. LOL... Plus, I have a few of my own, so it counts. LOL
2) Location - Central Coast, CA
3) Rig(s) - 1997 FZJ80 (LX450) and 1987 FJ60 (Land Cruiser)
4) Overlanding Experience - theoretically lots - but I'll likely always consider myself a novice, because if you think you know it all, nature or Murphy will smack you in the mouth.

Jose

Art A

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Breckenridge, CO, USA
First Name
Arthur
Last Name
Albin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
Hi Rich! Welcome from Denver. I wanted to take a closer look the ZR2 for a while, how do you like it?

Are there 'meet ups' or other gatherings of Overland Bound members in the Denver area, even in a COVID environment? How does one get started with others who share this interest these days?

Beefcake_LX

Rank 0

Contributor I

California
First Name
Jose
Last Name
M
Are there 'meet ups' or other gatherings of Overland Bound members in the Denver area, even in a COVID environment? How does one get started with others who share this interest these days?
If it's anything like the motorcycling community, you're already 'socially distanced' in your rigs. It's just a matter of following CDC guidelines and the 'laws of common sense' when you're outside the rigs and 'gathered'. Probably limit trail runs to smaller groups, or if a large number of people show, break it down to 'chalks'/smaller groups.

J

Beefcake_LX

Rank 0

Contributor I

California
First Name
Jose
Last Name
M
Hey All,
Neil here from San Jose CA. I have a 2000 Land Cruiser that im in the process of setting up for overlanding. I have done a lot of car camping, but only ever at established campgrounds and am looking to get to remote areas that are away from the crowds.
Hey Neil,

Nice 100-series. You should have ZERO issues finding gear to set that LC up as an overlanding beast. Your conundrum will be deciding what gear is right for YOU. LOL.... If you haven't already, check out IH8MUD. That site is geared primarily for the Toyota Land Cruiser / Lexus LX/GX platforms. There's a wealth of information on that site. I only just discovered this site recently while perusing refrigerator/cooler options and comparisons and I already see a dedicated community of overlanders here. I'm looking forward to sharing trails, tales, and ales!!

Cheers.

J

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All,
Neil here from San Jose CA. I have a 2000 Land Cruiser that im in the process of setting up for overlanding. I have done a lot of car camping, but only ever at established campgrounds and am looking to get to remote areas that are away from the crowds.
Welcome to Overland Bound Neil
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Just stumbled upon Overland Bound recently while looking for gear reviews on coolers and refrigerator/freezer units. Long-ish time member/lurker of the IH8MUD community, sporadic lurker at Expedition Portal, gear nerd. So...

1) Picture - Working on it. Photo of Sportster is not mine, but I like it. LOL... Plus, I have a few of my own, so it counts. LOL
2) Location - Central Coast, CA
3) Rig(s) - 1997 FZJ80 (LX450) and 1987 FJ60 (Land Cruiser)
4) Overlanding Experience - theoretically lots - but I'll likely always consider myself a novice, because if you think you know it all, nature or Murphy will smack you in the mouth.

Jose
Welcome to Overland Bound Jose
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information SoCal @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey All,
Nice rig! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y’all. Aaron here from Austin, TX. My fiancée and I have a 06 Wrangler Unlimited. We love camping, fly fishing and mountain biking (all the hobbies), and I have always enjoyed tinkering with cars, so over landing has come to us naturally, I’d say. We’re trying to keep the Jeep as stock as possible, so we won’t be going crazy with fenders and lift kits and major changes. I grew up tinkering with Honda’s and learned that reliability can sometimes suffer with aftermarket performance parts, and stock LJs are hard to come by, so as stock as possible it will be.
We’re just getting started and aside from replacing little stock pieces here and there (hood prop catch, floor mats, door straps, sun visors) have installed new K02s on stocks wheels and a OneUp bike rack with RackAttach.
We currently have a Smittybilt brief top and tonneau cover that will be replaced with a Bestop Sailcloth (on order) with factory hardware. I’ve got a Smittybilt roof rack on order as well and their XL overlander tent. I understand those aren’t the premiere tents if you take the tent route but the price point was right for us and meant I didn’t have to slap together a cargo trailer.
I’m currently figuring out how to mount a GI Jerry can behind the front wheel with a u-bolt hitch receiver and a can mount. Haven’t seen many people running around with those cool old green cans, and we really liked the one we saw in the surplus store.
I came across OB watching YouTube videos for sliding drawers and kitchens and saw an incredible system, custom built by the owner of a Taco using extruded aluminum slot hardware. I’m not going to have time to put together a system like that before our first trip, but decided instead to throw something together that will just limp us through it, and then tackle it when we get back. We definitely don’t have as much room as a truck, but I figure I could build a system up to 4 feet in length.
looking forward to spending some time here!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
There is a meet-up in your area if your interested.
North Central TX Austin
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course

FlounderUSN

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Where the wind blows
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Hatch
Member #

Hello,
New to this forum! on a couple others, expedition portal, truck camper adventure, etc but I like the feel of this one so far! Stumbled across this one through a google search on water purification and that was a great thread read!

Below is a pic of my '16 F350 CCLB 6.7L with a '17 Northstar 850 SC pop up camper.
I am in Granite Falls, WA (about hourish NE of Seattle) for now. Planning a long term road trip with this set up at the end of this year before I have to grow up and get a real job!
As for my Overland experience, I am pretty good on two wheels but need to learn a bit better on 4 as I hope to get to some beautiful out of the way areas across this great country of ours (as well as our Neighbors to the North and maybe even South!). I was going to do this trip on 3 wheels but decided to add another travel companion making that mode of travel more cramped/difficult than I think I (or my fine four legged buddies) care to deal with. You can see my two travel buddies in the pic (and my kid who'll be a freshman in college leaving me with no one in my nest anymore)! Hoping to learn a lot from this forum on all things overland!

Thanks
Derek
20200627_164712.jpg

LSmeds7

Rank 0

Contributor I

NC
First Name
Liam
Last Name
Smeds
Hey y'all,

I'm Smeds. Currently living in central NC and new both here and to overlanding. I was never a truck guy (currently have a modded 2011 Subaru STI sitting in the garage that was my previous daily) but on a trip to Arizona spring of 2019 Hertz upgraded me to a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic and my eyes were opened to both driving a truck every day and the adventures you can get up to with one. I worked during the week and put 3000+ miles on the rental over 5 weekends worth of adventures. Tried to cover as much of the SE corner of Arizona as I could. And yes, it snowed the second day I was there.
190222_AZ_Snow_Day_NW_3.jpg

As you can guess, the bug bit me and after that Arizona trip I knew it was only a matter of time before I would find myself in a truck. I took plenty of time to research the options and decided to stick with the Ram 1500 since I had such a great time with it as a rental. Ultimately decided to get as much capability from the factory as possible so in January I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel EcoDiesel from my local dealer just as the EcoDiesels were hitting the lots here. I have been slowly developing my plan to build it out and get geared up over the past few months.
IMG_3647.JPG

I've been a hobbyist photographer and drone pilot for years and tend to focus on landscapes and wildlife so I can't wait to get more immersed in the outdoors with my rig. Looking forward to getting to know some of you, learning from y'all, and sharing my experiences!

-Smeds

PS: Arizona is a fantastically beautiful corner of the US that I would love to get back to. Highly recommend anyone take a trip out there if they can, but especially so if you're a landscape photographer.
190223_AZ_Snow_Day_2_NW_5.jpg190224_AZ_Drone_Sunset_NW_4.jpg190301_AZ_Sunset_NW_1.jpg190324A_Bisbee_Sunrise_NW_1.jpg190324C_Whipple_Observatory_NW_7.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all,

I'm Smeds. Currently living in central NC and new both here and to overlanding. I was never a truck guy (currently have a modded 2011 Subaru STI sitting in the garage that was my previous daily) but on a trip to Arizona spring of 2019 Hertz upgraded me to a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic and my eyes were opened to both driving a truck every day and the adventures you can get up to with one. I worked during the week and put 3000+ miles on the rental over 5 weekends worth of adventures. Tried to cover as much of the SE corner of Arizona as I could. And yes, it snowed the second day I was there.
View attachment 161348

As you can guess, the bug bit me and after that Arizona trip I knew it was only a matter of time before I would find myself in a truck. I took plenty of time to research the options and decided to stick with the Ram 1500 since I had such a great time with it as a rental. Ultimately decided to get as much capability from the factory as possible so in January I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel EcoDiesel from my local dealer just as the EcoDiesels were hitting the lots here. I have been slowly developing my plan to build it out and get geared up over the past few months.
View attachment 161347

I've been a hobbyist photographer and drone pilot for years and tend to focus on landscapes and wildlife so I can't wait to get more immersed in the outdoors with my rig. Looking forward to getting to know some of you, learning from y'all, and sharing my experiences!

-Smeds

PS: Arizona is a fantastically beautiful corner of the US that I would love to get back to. Highly recommend anyone take a trip out there if they can, but especially so if you're a landscape photographer.
View attachment 161355View attachment 161358View attachment 161360View attachment 161361View attachment 161362
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan .

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
New to this forum! on a couple others, expedition portal, truck camper adventure, etc but I like the feel of this one so far! Stumbled across this one through a google search on water purification and that was a great thread read!

Below is a pic of my '16 F350 CCLB 6.7L with a '17 Northstar 850 SC pop up camper.
I am in Granite Falls, WA (about hourish NE of Seattle) for now. Planning a long term road trip with this set up at the end of this year before I have to grow up and get a real job!
As for my Overland experience, I am pretty good on two wheels but need to learn a bit better on 4 as I hope to get to some beautiful out of the way areas across this great country of ours (as well as our Neighbors to the North and maybe even South!). I was going to do this trip on 3 wheels but decided to add another travel companion making that mode of travel more cramped/difficult than I think I (or my fine four legged buddies) care to deal with. You can see my two travel buddies in the pic (and my kid who'll be a freshman in college leaving me with no one in my nest anymore)! Hoping to learn a lot from this forum on all things overland!

Thanks
Derek
View attachment 161322
Welcome to Overland Bound Derek
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose