Last Name
Maciel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FRQ
Hello Everyone
General information.
3) Rig: "19 F-150 4x4
4) Overlanding Experience: New to Overlanding. Avid hiker and enjoy being out on the trails. Looking forward to new adventures, and friends.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone, my name is Eddie. I’m located in Tracy, CA or east Bay Area. Been doing some form of camping since I was a kid and I’m a huge car buff so it was only natural for me to get into overlanding. While I would say I’m an experienced camper, I don’t have as much experience with off-roading and vehicle recovery. Currently building a 2020 Jeep Gladiator to be a full time expedition rig. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Welcome to Overland Bound. My name is Mike and I am one your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact @PapaDave or our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads for some great information, which will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which is a great place to find upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail, or a meetup.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Just want to say Hello. I'm a new member with little experience. Glad I found you guys.
Welcome to Overland Bound. My name is Mike and I am one your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads for some great information, which will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which is a great place to find upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone
General information.
4) Overlanding Experience: New to Overlanding. Avid hiker and enjoy being out on the trails. Looking forward to new adventures, and friends.
Welcome to Overland Bound. My name is Mike and I am one your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Ozdigga13

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Perth WA, Australia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

G'day everyone,

New to the forum and a new member. Recently moved to Perth Western Australia and looking to getting out and exploring. I would say I am a little experience but definitely no expert.

If your in the Perth area say g'day keen to start meeting up and getting out.

Cheers, Ozdigga13

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'day everyone,

New to the forum and a new member. Recently moved to Perth Western Australia and looking to getting out and exploring. I would say I am a little experience but definitely no expert.

If your in the Perth area say g'day keen to start meeting up and getting out.

Cheers, Ozdigga13
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @Luis Merlo for additional help or information.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone
General information.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys I'm new here!
I currently live in Post Falls, ID and i am currently trying to build my truck into a more overland nature.
My Truck is a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the off-road package, so far i have only upgraded the tires to a bigger size than OEM. the tires are a 33" BFG K02 all terrain.
I would say that i am experienced in over landing, I have plenty of off road experience but right now i am just trying to get the truck ready.
Looking to get to know some people on here so i can start making new friends and join an over land team!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 1999 F350 4x4 with 7.3L Crew Cab-Long Bed
Overlanding Experience: Novice Novice :blush:

Hello All - Very Newbie here.

Have been watching many overlanding/adventure shows over the past months-years....

I am going to start this whole new adventure slowly and see where it will take me. I have done quite a bit of backpacking in my past but nothing with vehicles per se other than getting to a trail head or traveling the west. I have had some very minor overlanding but nothing I would call true overlanding.

My rig is a bit big and heavy for what many of you are doing but it will be my starting place and who knows what I will end up with.

I am looking to start off find some out of the way dispersed camping with my lovely sidekick in Eastern Washington/NE Oregon.

I am also heading to Yosemite in a month and will be doing a few overnight-ers in Easter Oregon and NW Nevada in route. Would be looking for some suggestions for areas to check out that will not be too technical. I do have some stuff kinda thought out but I am willing to change plans with some cool suggestions.

Anyway, Thanks for community like yours. Seems like a top notch group of people.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Reactions: Don H

PNWoffroader

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Means
Hello from the Great Pacific Northwest!
I have always been into camping and as a kid my Dad would take me to the top of the mountains to just see what we could see. Last year my wife and I decided we wanted to continue that love for adventure with our kids so we purchased a Toyota Tundra and started to take long drives on dirt roads. Fast forward to this year my kids have started to demand we "Go to the Mountains!" and we have been heading up until the road is blocked by snow or trees.

A little about myself.
I am from Everett Wa. I drive a 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax SR5 with 4x4 TRD Offroad Package (had to have room for the kids seats). As for Experience I have camped my whole life mostly to go flyfishing in Montana. This is my first truck and I previously owned a car so I usually drove on Forest service roads that were well groomed. I have already got some pinstripes on my truck and am ok with that!

I look forward to seeing the things few people see and driving the "roads" few people drive!

Heres a picture of my last trip.
Truck Rainier.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey guys I'm new here!
I currently live in Post Falls, ID and i am currently trying to build my truck into a more overland nature.
My Truck is a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the off-road package, so far i have only upgraded the tires to a bigger size than OEM. the tires are a 33" BFG K02 all terrain.
I would say that i am experienced in over landing, I have plenty of off road experience but right now i am just trying to get the truck ready.
Looking to get to know some people on here so i can start making new friends and join an over land team!
Welcome,
@Sandpoint Steve is your closest Member Representative. @Mike W has a lot of stuff going on in your area. Check out the Member Map for Rally Points, as well as Overland Bound Meetups. Overland Bound By Region has a lot of good information and I post on a semi regular basis of stuff going on in the northwest.

Stay Well, Stay Safe
Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Hulder

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
First Name
Nina
Last Name
Stankiewicz
Member #

82980061_134740487661865_3167199312675891324_n.jpg
(a bit of an older photo as it has snorkel, spotlights and antenna now)
Rig: 2020 Ford Ranger Raptor
Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced, used to ride in bajas back in Europe as both pilot and driver, broke a couple of CVs and diffs, drowned one engine, my favourite sound in the world is the purring of 6.5 v8 Chevy350 Diesel engine... still enjoying some good bog holes, but getting lazy and prefer a nice camp setup in a remote area.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everyone,

My name is John and I an new to Overland Bound. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado

My Rig is a 2017 JK Wrangler 2 door

I have been off-roading on and off for about 12 years and try to get away as frequently as I can to the outdoors.
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 159895
(a bit of an older photo as it has snorkel, spotlights and antenna now)
Rig: 2020 Ford Ranger Raptor
Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced, used to ride in bajas back in Europe as both pilot and driver, broke a couple of CVs and diffs, drowned one engine, my favourite sound in the world is the purring of 6.5 v8 Chevy350 Diesel engine... still enjoying some good bog holes, but getting lazy and prefer a nice camp setup in a remote area.
Hello Nina, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Hulder

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all! Brand new member today after hearing about this site/group at work.

Rig: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) - but only for 1 more week! Sold to a family member. Jeep Gladiator on order.
Overlanding Experience: Going with Novice. Did a lot of camping, etc while growing up in the Black Hills of South Dakota (hence my forum name), as well as a lot of "overlanding" family trips when I was younger. My dad, the pilot, drove everywhere! Now that I have 2 young sons, I want to take them out camping and overlanding as much as possible. There is too much natural beauty to see and experience to stay cooped up at home.

Thanks!
Hello Matthew, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everybody!
Brand new member from Utah. Super excited to meet new people and get out there with new friends!

Rig: 2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Flacon shocks, Nomad wheels. iKamper Skaycamp Mini on a Yakima Outpost HD bed rack
Overlanding Experience: 10 years overlanding and I have been camping and hiking all my life

So glad to be here!
Hello Braden, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current Vehicle: 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited
Previous Vehicle: Too many to list
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: My family and I have always been an outdoor type of people and love traveling, camping, and exploring new places. I am an automotive enthusiast and enjoy modifying vehicles, whether it be 4 wheels, 2 wheels, racing, or offroading. Overlanding is a great combination of those two passions and I've been hooked ever since.
Hello Dylan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
1.Pasadena, Maryland
2. 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
View attachment 158579
View attachment 158578
3.New to the community. After a divorce, finally found a way to join my loves for the outdoors and vehicles. Excited to join a community and meet others that share these same things. Want to get out and explore more of the world. I’m new to this, but have a pretty diverse background which has helped. Have made it out on three trips so far.
Hello Dominic, welcome to the OB community.