Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings,

My wife and I would like to introduce ourselves. My name is Don and my wife is Red. We are located in Lakeland, FL.

We own a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon that I am in the process of outfitting for overlanding as well as a 2017 Jeep Wrangler that is already outfitted with some basic gear (tent, cooler etc.)that my wife and I have been using for the last few years to travel around the south eastern U.S. Looking to someday head out west and explore more as time permits.

Our experience level is novice to moderate (been camping and hiking for many years now and we are hoping to pick up some good overlanding info from the group to help explore this next chapter in our lives.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone...

Picture of the Gladiator and Wrangler below.View attachment 159562View attachment 159563
Welcome To Overland Bound Don & Red.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @radwelder & @Cendee
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello we are Dana and Cherlon Bowe. We are in Texas in the Fort Worth area. For now. Will be moving to Phoenix AZ soon. We are new to vehicle dependent camping but very enthusiastic about it. We are member number 21949. We have two small dogs that will join us on our adventures. We have a 2009 2500hd silverado crew cab with topper. Lifted on 35”s. A 1999 2500 suburban and a 1993 fzj80 cruiser. All are on 35” tires.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dana & Cherlon.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director once you move to Phoenix is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Brien can help you find the local Phoenix meet-up if your interested.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

I'm Joel, and I am in San Diego, CA
I have a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (KL).
I used to have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee which I bought new and drove for 13 years, exploring and camping all over the western US. I bought the new Trailhawk to be able to get back to doing similar kinds of things.
Welcome to Overland Bound Joel
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey everyone, my name is Eddie. I’m located in Tracy, CA or east Bay Area. Been doing some form of camping since I was a kid and I’m a huge car buff so it was only natural for me to get into overlanding. While I would say I’m an experienced camper, I don’t have as much experience with off-roading and vehicle recovery. Currently building a 2020 Jeep Gladiator to be a full time expedition rig. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Hey Ed

You made it! I recognize that good looking gladiator. As you know the Pleasanton meet up is the second Sunday of the month, and there’s a Ripon meet up that is the 3rd Sunday of the month. My role here is I am the Bay Area member rep and I help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you.
This is the Ripon info:

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
View attachment 159537
Sorry, not a great or really new picture of the rig, but it's the most convenient one I could find on my phone at the moment!

2) Location (General area is fine)
Malcolm, NE (right outside of Lincoln)

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited (V8 4WD)
I've done a good bit of work to it, I'll probably do a build thread at some time just to have it all consolidated in one place, if for no other reason than for myself to go back and review!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
I really don't have any "Overlanding" experience, but spending extensive time in the elements isn't new to me!

Looking forward to the sharing of knowledge and experience here!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives to you are @the_runn4r & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

masudadventures

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Masuda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DRK
Welcome Derek,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Munga Brown and @Greg Eigsti are your closest Member Representatives.

The Member Maps (Map - Overland Bound) is starting to fill up with Rally Points in the Northwest. Click on the Red icons in areas you are interested in to see what event is going on.
The Member Representative Team is restructuring as things start opening back up. Be looking for trips and special invite trips from myself or your Member Representative.

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound
Thanks so much for the warm welcome and all the valuable information!

• Love
Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Austin (@Winterx86 ), welcome from Oklahoma. It must be nice to live in the middle of the Tonto NF/Coconino NF, adventure is just outside your front door.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. The Phoenix/Gilbert meet up is the closest to you, keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up. Hopefully they can get that back in full swing soon.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 159646
2016 Toyota Tacoma
I’m in Columbia, SC
I’d say moderate overlanding experience! Hope to be an expert soon!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: yellowplatypuss

Edyspugedy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, California, United States
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
McGurn
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Eddie.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
You have two meet-ups fairly close to you if your interested.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up -BACK ON, With Social Distancing
Thank you

Reactions: Kent R

Edyspugedy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, California, United States
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
McGurn
Member #

Hey Ed

You made it! I recognize that good looking gladiator. As you know the Pleasanton meet up is the second Sunday of the month, and there’s a Ripon meet up that is the 3rd Sunday of the month. My role here is I am the Bay Area member rep and I help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you.
This is the Ripon info:

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
Thanks Dave, looking forward to being part of the group.

Reactions: PapaDave and Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello all,

I'm Arsh from Fremont, CA. Very happy to join this community, looking to learn more about Overlanding and exploring with you guys.
View attachment 159707
Hey Arsh!
Good to hear you are excited for meet up and trips!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: arsh510 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

I'm Arsh from Fremont, CA. Very happy to join this community, looking to learn more about Overlanding and exploring with you guys.
View attachment 159707
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning