Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Excited to learn and grow on my journey to creating a more overland ready Jeep Wrangler. Live in Monterey area, CA
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! Newbie to Overlanding here in North Georgia but well on my way! I just got my 2019 Ranger in March but immediately started getting it setup!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @rrjones2u @NC-Trooper
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Super newbie here located in Central VA. I just bought my 2018 JKU a couple of days ago. She's stock right now- I'm trying to figure out the best way to get my feet wet before making many modifications (any and all insight is welcome- I'm very green and eager to learn). Mostly excited to do some weekend adventuring/camping with the pup.

Happy to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representatives to you are @JRElaxED @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Merritt

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Merritt
Last Name
Black
Member #

Hello all! My name is Merritt. I'm in Nashville, TN, and I'm so excited to have found this community here.

I just got my first ever truck (2020 Tacoma OR) and have no real experience overlanding YET. :) The "rig" status of it is currently waiting on things to arrive and staring at my rotopax, recovery tracks, bubba rope, light bars, etc all staring at me here in my home office!

I've always been an outdoorsman - hunting, hiking, camping, etc; and always wanted to off road, so here we are with the best of both worlds.

So happy to have found Michael's YT channel- I'm soaking it all up. Really appreciate what you guys are doing here, and hope to be involved soon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everybody -

Like Merritt, I am from Nashville.

Just obtained a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited yesterday, which I will slowly begin modding. I have zero overlanding experience at the moment, but am looking forward to getting started and learning.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Another great resource in Nashville is @Hank Outdoors, great guy and a wealth of overlaning knowledge.

Reactions: bourne

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! My name is Merritt. I'm in Nashville, TN, and I'm so excited to have found this community here.

I just got my first ever truck (2020 Tacoma OR) and have no real experience overlanding YET. :) The "rig" status of it is currently waiting on things to arrive and staring at my rotopax, recovery tracks, bubba rope, light bars, etc all staring at me here in my home office!

I've always been an outdoorsman - hunting, hiking, camping, etc; and always wanted to off road, so here we are with the best of both worlds.

So happy to have found Michael's YT channel- I'm soaking it all up. Really appreciate what you guys are doing here, and hope to be involved soon.
Welcome To Overland Bound Merritt.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Another great resource in Nashville is @Hank Outdoors, great guy and a wealth of overlaning knowledge.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
My name is Nathan from Reno, NV. I grew up in the Bay Area but was called to the mountains.
I drive a '16 Toyota Tundra, a good do it all rig.

Experience: Intermediate. Like moving into my first RTT Intermediate.

EDIT: Also... is there anyway to change my user name once?
View attachment 158150
Welcome to the wonderful world of OB. Check out the Reno Overlanding and Trail Runs thread as Kent mentioned. Also check out the upcoming Run this month at Genoa Peak Trail Drive and Hike

CampingInMay

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Reno
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
MAY
Member #

Welcome to the wonderful world of OB. Check out the Reno Overlanding and Trail Runs thread as Kent mentioned. Also check out the upcoming Run this month at Genoa Peak Trail Drive and Hike
Nice to meet you! Looking into the threads now.
Unfortunately I cannot make the next Trail Run.. but will keep tabs on the schedule!

LanderGoat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Glendale, CA, USA
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Arteaga
Member #

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for coalescing into this massive group who share the same interests, love and passion for the great outdoors, it is frankly a relief that I have found you and that I’m now a part of this group.

I am at heart always been connected to nature and have spent the last 10 years traveling around the world chasing its finite beauty. I always thought that I could enjoy my country in bits here and there, but with this COVID pandemic, I have come to realize that it is time to enjoy all that I can of our country.

I hope that in the process of my own explorations I can teach and learn from this community and vow to earn my defender badge.

I’m out of the Glendale area and would be more than glad to join a new or existing groups in the area for casual trips. Please do not hesitate to reach out.

I’m am also a photographer by hobby and a small business owner offering immigration services. If there anything I can do for anyone in this areas, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Kevin L

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Leandro, CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
L
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin and I'm from the Bay Area (California)

I've been lurking the forums for a while and decided to take the plunge with the OB Membership.

I have a 2011 Mag Grey 4Runner, mostly stock except for some 3in spacers. Screenshot_20200612-200918.jpg

I would say I'm a novice to overlanding, but just enjoy being outdoors and hoping to pass it on to my son with his first real camping trip this year.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :smile:

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Overland People!
Names Rob, living in SF for 13 years now. Nolanomad is my handle, Og from New Orleans, but lived in Brooklyn and Alaska.
Just recently got into Overlanding since a pretty gnarly motorcycle accident.
Bought an affordable 2002 LX470 for the slow but consistent build. Just the basics at the moment.
I'm a total newbie but eager to explore!
Michael's videos have been a big push for me to get off the pavement and into the Adventure! Respect.
Hey Robb

Glad you found your way here, though I’m sure the motorchcle accident was probably pretty painful. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking the forums for a while and decided to take the plunge with the OB Membership.

I have a 2011 Mag Grey 4Runner, mostly stock except for some 3in spacers. View attachment 158269

I would say I'm a novice to overlanding, but just enjoy being outdoors and hoping to pass it on to my son with his first real camping trip this year.

Hey Kevin

This Sunday we have a meet up happening in Pleasanton.

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

Reactions: Kent R and Kevin L

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone. Excited to learn and grow on my journey to creating a more overland ready Jeep Wrangler. Live in Monterey area, CA
Hi Lisa

I realize it’s a bit of a drive but we have a meet up happening in the east bay, Pleasanton, this Sunday. Right now that’s the closest regular meet up that I know of. You are welcome to come.
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

Reactions: Kent R

pedro.ochoa

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

8104 Westhaven Drive, Nashville, Tennessee 37221, United States
First Name
Pedro
Last Name
Ochoa
Member #

Hello. My name is Pedeo Ochoa I am glad to be part of the overland bound team.
I am new at this hope to gain some experience soon. I have 2 vehicles my main overlanding vehicle will be a 2009 Nissan xterra with a 3in lift, 32in mt tires, rear lunchbox locker ,removable 13k winch can mount it front or rear, revovery kit and a set of x-bull recovery tracks, will be installing a snorkel soon.
My second vehicle is a 2010 ford raptor if I need to use this vehicle I will just move my equipment from the xterra to the raptor.

I live in Nashville TN. Hope to meet some of you out here some time.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. My name is Pedeo Ochoa I am glad to be part of the overland bound team.
I am new at this hope to gain some experience soon. I have 2 vehicles my main overlanding vehicle will be a 2009 Nissan xterra with a 3in lift, 32in mt tires, rear lunchbox locker ,removable 13k winch can mount it front or rear, revovery kit and a set of x-bull recovery tracks, will be installing a snorkel soon.
My second vehicle is a 2010 ford raptor if I need to use this vehicle I will just move my equipment from the xterra to the raptor.

I live in Nashville TN. Hope to meet some of you out here some time.
Welcome To Overland Bound Pedeo.
We have had several new members join the forum over the last couple of days, if you interested its easy to find them on the member map. You can send a message easily.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

I have a 2011 Mag Grey 4Runner, mostly stock except for some 3in spacers. View attachment 158269

Welcome to Overland Bound Kevin
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Tri-Valley Livermore CA